Help › Forums

Earnings List

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jul 12 2009 2:57 PM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • leftygolfpro
    10 Posts
    Sun, Jul 12 2009 6:23 AM

Does anyone know if the earnings are all credits or can you withdraw cash :)?

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sun, Jul 12 2009 7:36 AM

No one can complain when those players are showing the dough!

Except for those who don't even get the chance to compete for the money! Hope the issue of allowing only players from 10 countries of the world to enter most of the tournaments will be addressed soon.

(Even if we're not eligible to actually win ANYthing, at least allow us to enter the weekly, etc., tournaments, please.)

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Sun, Jul 12 2009 7:37 AM

I think you are eliglble to enter the monthly International Opens, which are free.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sun, Jul 12 2009 7:38 AM

Yeah, tibbets, 1 out of 7 tournaments for us, great fun! ;-)

(I've already spent over $40 for clubs on this site; could get more tournaments to play in.)

For example: when enrolling in a tournament for which legal issues in all countries haven't been settled yet by WGT, players from those countries would have to check a tick-box upon entering play that said: "I forfeit all prizes, should I win any in this tournament."

Yeah, it's not fun to forfeit prizes even before you win them, but it's definitely a lot more fun than being prevented from playing in a tournament in the first place! We could at least compete to be ranked high in the weekly tournaments, without winning anything, and so there'd be no legal issues for WGT to worry about.

• Futures
    79 Posts
    Sun, Jul 12 2009 12:26 PM

Again,

Unlimited tournaments should not be included in: career earnings, yearly earnings, or credits that go towards a yearly "Fed Ex Like" system (if that ever happens).   They are UNLIMITED and not a true test of a players actual skill under real pressure.  Plus, some of us cannot sit down and play for hours on end to climb the leaderboard (equal opportunity).  I don't know the solution, and I do think the good competition brings much activity to the site.  But, it still seems unfair to me.

Solution suggestion:   I think prizes still need to be awarded in these tournaments.  Maybe instead of career earnings points, players among the top 70 could win golf balls, or credits that go towards PRODUCTS ONLY (credits for products only tab). 

Unlimited is not a test of true skill or equal opportunity.

• Lysti
    323 Posts
    Sun, Jul 12 2009 1:45 PM

The earnings list would be better if  broken down into year, month, and week to date. I also think all prizes should be included in the amount. What about all the US Open qualifier prizes...are they not worth anything? Trips are a big one and if you win one then that was a major victory and should be included.  If we start separating trips then all prizes are subject to separation from credits..just seems a bit  too much.

• Caven
    63 Posts
    Sun, Jul 12 2009 2:25 PM

Career earnings are a great statistic, but that is all it is.

Also, career earnings also include closest to the hole winnings also, I believe.

Faterson has a great thought.  Every tournament could be like a pro/am tournament and would give those who are not eligible to win prizes an opportunity to not only compete in all tournaments but a sense of inclusion.

As WGTAlex said earlier in this thread, they are working on other forms of comparrison, WGT will come up with something adequate, though nothing will be perfect.

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Sun, Jul 12 2009 2:37 PM

At current, Closest to the Pin tournaments aren't included in the Earnings List on the front page, otherwise I'd have $1500 more listed there, as the real total is listed in my profile.

• Lysti
    323 Posts
    Sun, Jul 12 2009 2:42 PM

Thats why I stopped working on the pin comps so hard. I couldn't quite get the #1 spot & I wasn't making a single credit......

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Sun, Jul 12 2009 2:57 PM

There used to be some really good prizes there in the CTP competitions, but they've gone away from that and turned most all of them into Sweepstakes competitions.  No point in working hard at it now, you can win finishing in last place...blah.

• PAGES
RSS