Help › Forums

Earnings List

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jul 12 2009 2:57 PM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • ncviz
    527 Posts
    Thu, Jul 9 2009 10:20 AM

Would it be better to separate Trips from all other prizes, maybe you could have 2 tabs, one for non-trip and one for trips won. The trips are worth so much is sort a give a false sense of how much someone has won I think.

BTW, Seems like I should be in there @ 8th. May need check your numbers again, or was this males only? lol

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Thu, Jul 9 2009 10:57 AM

Hi ncviz, thanks for the suggestion. As for your spot on the earnings leaderboard, there is currently a bug where the total earnings amount only takes into account earnings from stroke play tournaments. Once we have a fix in for that, we can take a look again at where you are in the leaderboard.

• Flyinturtle
    262 Posts
    Thu, Jul 9 2009 4:45 PM

hi alex i like the new leader board (though ill probaly never be on it. lol) but i dont think it should be career earnings think it should be year to date. just a thought.   also great job on the update i can tell a good bit of work went in to this one it is apreciated

• Caven
    63 Posts
    Thu, Jul 9 2009 5:05 PM

Wanted to comment on the updates, I think they are a terrific improvement and raises the interest in the game.

As far as the career earnings leaderboard, it, as the previous leaderboard, is really of no meaningful measure as far as a competitive indicator on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis.  It would be a good statistic though.

I still favor a ranking system or as Nivlac mentioned in a past thread, based on all stats.  Something that initiates a competitive atmosphere daily.

Keep up the great improvements, this batch is great.

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Fri, Jul 10 2009 3:48 PM

Thanks for the suggestions. The career earnings list is just the first step of many improvements we have in the works in terms of displaying stats.

• Zambrotta
    21 Posts
    Fri, Jul 10 2009 3:53 PM

I think that it would also be very interesting if WGT could vary the table on the home page per day, making it different things for all the stats including GIR, driving, so on and so forth.  Just an idea.

Zambrotta

• jdoggbowler
    26 Posts
    Fri, Jul 10 2009 3:58 PM

I agree, the earnings list is always gonna be the same for the most part, the bottom couple names could change rarely but thats about it.  A little bit boring.

• SkipMan20
    29 Posts
    Fri, Jul 10 2009 5:26 PM

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

Great update Alex/WGT, very nice indeed. The game is a lot more fun. The best!  I said WGT should use earnings for ranking players sometime ago.  I think that is the best way without crunching all the stats.  The new top ten with the dollars blinging at us all is quite inspirational and makes you practice and get your game on. No one can complain when those players are showing the dough!  Got to go to work to be on the board!   Earnings mean winning and placing and that's' what its all about.  Great Job Top ten, hope to see you soon.

• spec138
    19 Posts
    Fri, Jul 10 2009 5:46 PM

I like the career earnings list as well, however, I think it would be interesting if ya'll could add a "rolling" earnings list over, say, 1 to 3 months so we can see who's doing the best now.

• Caven
    63 Posts
    Sat, Jul 11 2009 10:36 AM

Thanks Alex for the quick response.

We look forward to the further improvements and  truer competitive measures.

Again, great job.

• PAGES
RSS