Forums

Help › Forums

Us Open 2015 at Chambers Bay

Mon, Jun 22 2015 11:27 PM (165 replies)
  • JZeman17
    254 Posts
    Thu, Jun 18 2015 5:08 PM

Excellent thread!! Good Luck! to all, with your various picks. Found the thread to late to jump in with an 'active' play so I will use my "fantasy" picks (lol)....Lefty (PM) and/or the 'most interesting man in golf ' (MAJ). I know.. 2 picks.. but what the hay... long shots both.

Best to all,

JZ

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Thu, Jun 18 2015 5:22 PM

Damn....played my round, I'm 23 over par (scroll down)

I had a terrible first hole, went to the left of the green for a triplet boogie :((, rest of the round was just like Tiger...head down.

Eric

• 1enigma1
    486 Posts
    Thu, Jun 18 2015 8:04 PM

OK Chambers isnt the prettiest course(looks like patches of my lawn cause were conserving water in SoCal), but is very challenging , Eric you musta played in the afternoon or late day :) , course looked real firm,  the players in the early tee times had a big advantage  imo..

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Thu, Jun 18 2015 11:48 PM

Morning gentlemen : )))

A quick update:

Very interesting day yesterday with some new faces at the top of the leaderboard and some favorite players going down the drain too (including me : ((, see post above)

I will update the thread with some news, new pics & info in some hours. 

Eric

• Rabbit274
    1,178 Posts
    Fri, Jun 19 2015 3:09 AM

Nice to see 51 year-old Colin Montgomerie in the top 20

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Fri, Jun 19 2015 5:17 AM

Copied from the Official Us Open

Dustin Johnson, No. 1 in driving distance on the PGA Tour, and Henrik Stenson, who ranks second in greens in regulation, each carded 5-under 65s on the 7,497-yard course to share a one-shot lead over four-time PGA Tour winner Patrick ReedMatt KucharBen Martin and amateur Brian Campbell sit two strokes back, while seven players, including reigning Masters champion Jordan Spieth and two-time U.S. Open runner-up Jason Day, posted 2-under 68s.

Phil Mickelson, seeking the Open title to complete the career Grand Slam, carded a 69.

Defending champion Martin Kaymer shot a 72 and three-time championTiger Woods struggled to a 10-over 80, his highest round by three shots in 68 U.S. Open rounds.

Twenty-five players posted under-par rounds, the third-most for an opening round in the championship’s history and the most for a par-70 course.

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Fri, Jun 19 2015 5:24 AM

Rabbit274:

Nice to see 51 year-old Colin Montgomerie in the top 20

Yup Monty & Miguel Angel are a little oldy but still showing lots of skills despite some muscles are gone and their back is a little stiff ....lol

Can both or any of them couple with the high level shown for the guys in the lead?,,,,I hope they do : ).

His own words here:

“In practice it was more like 80, I must admit,” Montgomerie said after completing his round only four strokes out of the lead. “To go out there and break 70 was more than I was expecting.”

Eric 

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Fri, Jun 19 2015 5:31 AM

Notable & Quotable

" Cole Hammer, 15, the third-youngest qualifier in history, made a comfortable par on the first hole of his U.S. Open career and completed his day with a 7-over-par round of 77. Hammer, a high school sophomore in Houston, was caught on camera before his round saying a quick prayer. “I can’t even describe what I felt on the first tee,” Hammer said later. “It was nervous excitement. It was so cool.”

Shot 6-under 137 at Newport Beach (Calif.) Country Club and Big Canyon Country Club to earn a second consecutive U.S. Open start; helped Illinois earn top seed for match play at recent NCAA Championship held at The Concession Club in Bradenton, Fla., where the Illini fell in the semifinals to USC; just completed his senior season at Illinois; says dream foursome would include U.S. Open champions Tiger Woods and Rory McIlroy.

This 22 year old AMATEUR guy is in 4th place in the leaderboard and only two shots off the lead at the moment.....yikes, a dream start : )))

More Notes & Quotes later on

Eric 

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Fri, Jun 19 2015 6:21 AM

1enigma1:

OK Chambers isnt the prettiest course(looks like patches of my lawn cause were conserving water in SoCal), but is very challenging , Eric you musta played in the afternoon or late day :) , course looked real firm,  the players in the early tee times had a big advantage  imo..

Dry season & drought in the Northwestern part of Usa?, Green & environmental issue with not using water but for human urgent necessity?, Chambers Course do not have enough resources to water the fairways & greens?.....I don't get it : ///

......lol, just went to water the fairways & greens after my disappointing round, hope to do better today in nice, soft & wet fairways & greens....if I'm allowed to tee up : )))

Pines 2014

Haha...did the same at Pines 2014, although I was not allowed to tee up : )))

Eric

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Fri, Jun 19 2015 7:02 AM

LOLserver:

Shot 6-under 137 at Newport Beach (Calif.) Country Club and Big Canyon Country Club to earn a second consecutive U.S. Open start; helped Illinois earn top seed for match play at recent NCAA Championship held at The Concession Club in Bradenton, Fla., where the Illini fell in the semifinals to USC; just completed his senior season at Illinois; says dream foursome would include U.S. Open champions Tiger Woods and Rory McIlroy.

Pretty cool....I've played both courses a few times. Newport Beach CC is a cupcake, but Big Canyon is a tough son-of-a gun. Tiger has the course record at Big C --- 61, while at Stanford ---- Eric, I'm changing my pick...I gotta feeling...a hunch ;-}....can't explain it...I'm going with Jason Duffner  ~ Lil'

RSS