Forums

Help › Forums

System Update Downtime 7/7 11PM - 3AM Pacific Time

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jul 12 2009 6:32 PM (44 replies)
  • WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Tue, Jul 7 2009 10:02 AM

The site will be unavailable tonight for approximately 4 hours starting tonight at 11PM Pacific Time as we make updates to the product. Please note that during this time the site may be password protected (a popup window will prompt for login credentials). Please ignore this as it is part of the downtime.

Thanks!

1,644 Posts
    Tue, Jul 7 2009 10:23 AM

Allow me to be the first to ask..... are there any goodies coming? =)

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Tue, Jul 7 2009 10:39 AM

Psst, check it out. :)

http://www.twitter.com/worldgolftour

1,644 Posts
    Tue, Jul 7 2009 10:57 AM

Ya...I saw that already... pretty much says the same thing... unless I'm missing something.  Last I heard the new clubs and such weren't due out to the end of the month... just wondering if we're in for a pleasant surprise.   ;)

• EllisSpice
    871 Posts
    Tue, Jul 7 2009 11:07 AM

I've just noticed that on WGT's Twitter, they are following 'Golf', John Daly, the masters, the US Open etc. I can understand all of them.

But I also just noticed that they are following Justin Timberlake!

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Tue, Jul 7 2009 11:44 AM

Clearly WGT is a big fan of N'sync. :D

I think it had to do with Justin, Charles Barkley and MJ was it (?) playing Bethpage in that Celebrity skills challenge.

• Kaslo
    428 Posts
    Tue, Jul 7 2009 11:55 AM

It will be interesting to see if we get any new goodies this time. Some of the things we have been promised are

1) Person to person communication (the ability to let someone know you're in a game and will be done in "X" amount of time.

2) New Balls

3) New Tier specific clubs

4) New putter - First I heard about this was the Post by MisterWGT

5) Sometime the ablity to change clothing - this one really gets me. how hard is it to program Black,Beige and Blue to some other colour?

Now I can't see them releasing any goodies mid month as the people who participated in the single tourneys already would have a legit complaint if they did. But I hope they do.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Tue, Jul 7 2009 12:21 PM

There was also a bit about changing the Pro Tees somehow.

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Tue, Jul 7 2009 12:23 PM

The planned features for tonight's release are:

- Golf balls in the pro shop

- A slew of new clubs

- PayPal acceptance

- Move Amateurs and Pros forward on the tees

- Option to turn off friend alerts

- Several bug fixes

Please note that we will post a final list with details after the update is complete. Also, this list is not a guarantee that these features will be available after the planned downtime.

Thanks, and we look forward to seeing your comments tomorrow :)

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Tue, Jul 7 2009 12:26 PM

Fancy.  That paypal feature should be well received and hooray for turning off friend alerts.  I may need to camp out tonight.

RSS