Forums

Help › Forums

Putting from the fairway

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jul 7 2009 12:35 PM (5 replies)
  • Syn7aX
    64 Posts
    Tue, Jul 7 2009 7:01 AM

Why is the distances on  putting from the fairway so messed up?  The hole was only 11 feet away so I hit the ball at about 20 feet of power and the ball didn't even move...  What is wrong with this picture?

This is on hole 13 on BPB.

1,644 Posts
    Tue, Jul 7 2009 7:15 AM

Are you sure that it wasn't 11 yards (33 feet) away?  Hitting this shot with only 20 feet of power would have produced your result.  You'd need more like 45 feet of power if putting from fairway (which I've only tried a few times with some success).  Also I'd have to assume that you were below the hole, and on this green it seems to be a lot more uphill than what it indicates.

Lee

• Syn7aX
    64 Posts
    Tue, Jul 7 2009 7:44 AM

No, it was the front of the green on the first par 5 13th on BPB.  It was just on the edge of the fairway where it meets the green.  The pin is only about 10 feet from the front of the green.

• iconian
    599 Posts
    Tue, Jul 7 2009 7:49 AM

thats called false front. it's a fairway but i think its slopped and grass cut certain way.

never try putting from there, simply chip away. should be quite easy to make it

• Syn7aX
    64 Posts
    Tue, Jul 7 2009 8:09 AM

That is what I normally do from there if I come up short.  I just thought I would try it.  It was funny to, cuz once you switch to putt it went to a 50 yard putter and I scaled it down to a 10 yard putter.  You know how it normally goes to a yardage that should reach the hole, sometimes it come up alittle longer on the iron play, but when the putter came up with a 50 yard putter, I thought that was odd considering I was only 11 feet from the hole.

• plim
    1,388 Posts
    Tue, Jul 7 2009 12:35 PM

hope they fix the problem cos if we ever get to play St Andrews the texas wedge gets played alot great swales and fast fairways the only way to get it close is to putt from off the green.

RSS