Help › Forums

polite invites ... declining

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jul 7 2009 8:10 AM (4 replies)
  • xcaliburone
    38 Posts
    Tue, Jul 7 2009 2:32 AM

i think this thread has been out here before, however,

could there please be developed a way to at least give a written response when a friend gives you an invite...i've been invited a few nights in a row by some people i've met and i decline because i don't want to be rude to the group i'm playing with. then either i don't get invited anymore or my invites are declined when i try to get back to the friend who invited me in the first place. maybe, in the future, there could be a way to set up matches with friends by having chat on this site other than in the game or have a way for friends to make virtual tee times or something like that.

• sluny
    126 Posts
    Tue, Jul 7 2009 5:09 AM

absolutely agreed...

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Tue, Jul 7 2009 6:23 AM

Hi,

My advice to you - decline the invite (note the user name), but immediately go and post an explanation on their wall. That will let them know that you are not available right now - but to please try again in the future - or words to that effect.

That gives the inviter an explanation so he can understand why you didnt take up the invite.

Hope that helps.

Cheers Doug

• iconian
    599 Posts
    Tue, Jul 7 2009 7:57 AM

thats a good idea DF. but i have also written on my wall the way i handle invites. should help as well:)

• brandi35
    295 Posts
    Tue, Jul 7 2009 8:10 AM

Another option is to just not show yourself when you are playing in a multi, then you wont get the invites.  

That is what I do, because I don't like declining people when they invite  :)

Brandi

RSS