Reliability Stat

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jul 17 2009 2:33 AM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • GLADSTONESCREWER
    749 Posts
    Sat, Jul 4 2009 5:42 AM

Hi WGT & everyone,

I would like to suggest a reliability stat be introduced into our profiles & be visible before teeing off, the stat would be a percentage of games started & finished, in otherwords if i played 10 games & completed 10 games i would have a reliability rating of 100%, this stat i would only like for when playing against someone else, i think it would encourage people to finish there round regardless of how bad they are playing, i would also like to see a stat of how many games against other players i had won, drawn or lost, do you think this is a good idea WTG ?

Gladstonescrewer :)

• Crusty56
    136 Posts
    Sat, Jul 4 2009 7:40 AM

Golf is a GAME  played  alone, or with a group. However one should never forget you are only playing against the course, conditions, and your own abilities.

• GLADSTONESCREWER
    749 Posts
    Sat, Jul 4 2009 9:45 AM

Hello Crusty,

I was thinking more along the lines of  Matchplay format,  the above request for stats won,lost or drawn would be good,

Ref : Reliability stat, i just think it would encourage people not to quit so easy, people might like to check somones reliability stat before they tee off,it would be good i think,would you play someone for instance who had reliability stat of 2%, just an idea anyway.

• Futures
    79 Posts
    Sat, Jul 4 2009 10:04 AM

I think it's a good idea.  However, most of the games I have quit in the past (when playing online with others) were because of computer issues.  I don't believe it is fair that I should complete a round over my average if my bad score was due to computer issues (choppy swing meter). I usually tell the folks I am playing with: "look, my game is choppy, I will be leaving".  I improved this by installing a better Flash, although my swing meter is not as smooth as it might be on a more expensive computer. 

I think what it really comes down to is this: Establishing a good friend base, and then weed out those who quit and keep those that don't.  Of course, your idea would help also.

Futures: WGT: 69.38, Real life: 8.5 Handicap

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Sat, Jul 4 2009 10:41 AM

Yeah you gotta be careful with stuff like this.  There are people who just prey on multiplayer.  Folks just waiting to smack talk players, curse out players and do whatever other unsportsmanlike conduct that tends to happen in multiplayer.

Do you really want to penalize someone for quitting in multiplayer because they are trying to get away from someone who's  swearing at them or using offensive language?

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sat, Jul 4 2009 11:40 AM

I completely agree with Nivlac...  There are a couple of people on right now, who have made their voices heard here in the forums, that are complete and utter wankers when it comes to multiplayer.  I won't play with them.  Should the game start before I realize they are there, I am gone.  That fast.

Vulgarity, mean-spirited, "manly-length" contests have no place on a multiplayer game that is subject to too many variables on weak or tenuous connections.

Qutting doesn't matter in this game.  If you think it does, you have much bigger problems than someone who leaves a game that you are playing.

GET OVER IT.

• GLADSTONESCREWER
    749 Posts
    Sat, Jul 4 2009 2:58 PM

Ok fair enough, however it was just a suggestion ,i was not having a rant at anyone & i dont take kindly to "GET OVER IT " i was only trying to help with something that happens a lot on here, i actually agree with what you are all saying ,carry on Quitting everyone i wont fecking open my trap again

• Futures
    79 Posts
    Sat, Jul 4 2009 4:47 PM

Gladstone:

Your idea is good.  Actually, online card games have this already.  It's good to know how often people quit.  High quitiing percentages (say 30 to 50 percent of the time) would point out real losers, as opposed to someone who quits les than ten percent of the time.  I still like the idea, but if the quitter is the one who is inviting others, it might be hard to cancel fast enough before the quitter selects "tee off".

The idea SHOULD be implemented here at WGT, even though quitting is not such a BIG deal.

• bbeards4
    189 Posts
    Sat, Jul 4 2009 7:52 PM

Normal 0

My two cents:

Quitting in the middle of a match because of the following are all very valid:

1)  Some dork BEING a dork.

2)  Computer issues

3)  Seeing that you are about to JOIN a group with a known dork and the game starts before you have a chance to hit cancel.

What makes these reasons INVALID is the fact that the first question that is asked of you before you can start a new round is...

RESUME YOUR GAME

FORFEIT YOUR GAME

If you don’t choose “RESUME YOUR GAME” then your padding your Avg.  Period. 

The only reason I have a problem with quitting is that MY goal is to make the Ryder Cup/International team (or whatever its called).  And these “Avg Padders” are taking my spot.  If there cant be anything done about these issues...

If you cant beat em', join em'.

Late…

bbeards4

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Sat, Jul 4 2009 9:22 PM

I know for a fact, that the Captain on this side of the water, is smart enough to use the tournament avg's only! He's much smarter than you think he is! Just my 2 cents. And I might add, that is the single play tournaments, not the multi round ones!!

• PAGES
RSS