Forums

Help › Forums

Overhead Ads on BPB

rated by 0 users
Sun, Dec 19 2010 4:35 PM (6 replies)
  • EPDuffer
    66 Posts
    Tue, Dec 14 2010 11:08 AM

What's with the overhead ads between holes on Bethpage? It's annoying! Glad it ain't on the holes being played. C'mon WGT, I know you need to advertise but find another venue.

• jeffdos924
    1,085 Posts
    Tue, Dec 14 2010 2:01 PM

The ads are just on the scorecard page between holes ... not a big deal. WGT makes some money and it takes a second or so longer when you switch back to the (FREE) game.

• EPDuffer
    66 Posts
    Tue, Dec 14 2010 2:05 PM

It has now followed me to Scotland. I guess it's on all the courses. Aw well, your right Jeff. I guess I needed to gripe about something today. Bring on the ads; especially if they pay for new courses!

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Tue, Dec 14 2010 11:47 PM

IF that is the case, and wgt is losing cash at a rate that they need advertising to get the new courses in the works, this is not good. How do you sell that kind of success to an advertise to get them here?

Hey listen, we are losing out backsides on this, but if you just put a couple banner ad's in the middle of the game that piss everyone off, we're confident it will pay off in the long run.

It's no jack-wagon add, but it's...... no, forget it,            that ad worked........

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Dec 15 2010 5:22 AM

VanHalenLover:
    IF that is the case, and wgt is losing cash at a rate that they need advertising to get the new courses in the works, this is not good.

Huh? Losing cash to what? Payroll, rent on Sansone St and some servers? Income from operations takes care of that, supposedly. Advertising revenues are essential to any endeavor where progress is expected and anticipated, especially one where the world is involved.

How about foregoing all advertising, raising the prices of the virtual goods (as in no cash outlay for inventory) and then sit back and wait for the cash cow to dry up? There's a good business model for you. 

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Wed, Dec 15 2010 5:37 AM

YankeeJim:
    Advertising revenues are essential to any endeavor where progress is expected and anticipated, especially one where the world is involved.

Correct.  Ad revenues are essential to any on-line endeavor.   Advertising revenue as well as virtual item sales have always been a big part of the WGT business model.

• twoota
    3 Posts
    Sun, Dec 19 2010 4:35 PM

75 million rounds played so far, do the math. I was thinking of upgrading my equipment but now I am gong to wait and see. I get enough advertising on tv , the subway, buses and I play this game to get away from it all..my little escape. If these guys are not making revenue form 75 million rounds then they should get another production manager and accountant. If 1 million people purchased a set of golf balls would that not pay the payroll for the week.

RSS