Forums

Help › Forums

how to handle quiters

rated by 0 users
Sat, Sep 19 2009 11:32 PM (50 replies)
  • SonofAnarchy
    130 Posts
    Fri, Jul 3 2009 11:11 PM

add me. i wont quit, i could give a rats butt about my average atm ;-) course i might dissconect cuz i threw my puter thru the window cuz of a bad shot but......lol

• mabe
    32 Posts
    Sat, Jul 4 2009 3:24 AM

Yesterday the game hung for me, saying that the other player was "loading", but the chat still seemed to work. (I didn't know at the time that I could sent a bug report immediately - next time I will.) So, if you have to quit for whatever reason, please tell your playing partner about it if possible, don't just drop out. While I've learnt to ignore it, it still feels very impolite, and I for one will avoid players dropping out on me.

• GLADSTONESCREWER
    749 Posts
    Sat, Jul 4 2009 6:10 AM

Hello,

You might like to look at my post in Product suggestions an idea that may help with this.

Gladstone

• Futures
    79 Posts
    Sat, Jul 4 2009 8:21 AM

Like I said before, people may not be quitting or quitting for important reasons happening at home or work (yes, I play at work..he he he but really only during breaks or at lunch). 

• madduxmotors
    13 Posts
    Sat, Jul 4 2009 11:11 AM

keep playing??

• bbeards4
    189 Posts
    Sat, Jul 4 2009 8:13 PM

My two cents:

Quitting in the middle of a match because of the following are all very valid:

1)  Some dork BEING a dork.

2)  Computer issues

3)  Seeing that you are about to JOIN a group with a known dork and the game starts before you have a chance to hit cancel.

What makes these reasons INVALID is the fact that the first question that is asked of you before you can start a new round is...

RESUME YOUR GAME

FORFEIT YOUR GAME

If you don’t choose “RESUME YOUR GAME” then your padding your Avg.  Period. 

The only reason I have a problem with quitting is that MY goal is to make the Ryder Cup/International team (or whatever its called).  And these “Avg Padders” are taking my spot.  If there cant be anything done about these issues... then I say

If you cant beat em', join em'.

Late…

bbeards4

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Sat, Jul 4 2009 9:32 PM

And these “Avg Padders” are taking my spot.  If there cant be anything done about these issues... then I say

If you cant beat em', join em'.

bbeards:

Your avg tournament stroke play scores are keeping you from making the cut. Not any quitters. Give yourself some time to fine tune your game!

• bbeards4
    189 Posts
    Sat, Jul 4 2009 9:40 PM

oh...

Then I have NO problems with quitters.  Game on.

Late...

bbeards4

• Gonnads
    3 Posts
    Tue, Jul 7 2009 3:50 PM

I love it when people quit. It is the ultimate in submission to dominance and I like to think of my opponent raging deluxe, then clicking the quit button!

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Tue, Jul 7 2009 3:59 PM

lol.

more people should look at it that way.   :)

RSS