Forums

Help › Forums

The Fun Begins.... CC vs CC Event #6

Sun, Mar 15 2015 8:31 PM (130 replies)
  • ostfriedel
    2,050 Posts
    Sun, Mar 15 2015 10:33 AM

Last moneygrab (clash no. 5) we (Walhall) played 9 rounds. We won them all (won 9, lost 0). We were on place 52 or 54 with that in the end.

This moneygrab (clash no. 6) we won all 7 rounds of the 7 we played till now. We are ranked at place 83 with that. Funny, very funny, so why ain`t I amused?

• jerryjerry5jerry
    12 Posts
    Sun, Mar 15 2015 11:22 AM

I would play IF I was able to send or reply to an invite...... game is getting boring playing alone.

• Romax
    1,876 Posts
    Sun, Mar 15 2015 11:25 AM

From what I can gather this ridiculous rip off has very little to do with winning or any skills presented. It seems it is simply the CC that spends the most wins. I do not and will not ever be a part of this obvious scam and for the life of me can't see why anyone would take part. To each their own I guess, but it will never include me.

Shaft me once.....shame on you. Shaft me twice...shame on me !

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Sun, Mar 15 2015 12:14 PM

Romax:
    Shaft me once.....shame on you. Shaft me twice...shame on me !

Bet u can't remember when u last shafted anyone Rom ? :-))

Hear what u saying tho...

do what I do and don't participate....saves tons of stress it looks like ?

Andy

• CMcCartney727
    1,417 Posts
    Sun, Mar 15 2015 1:14 PM

I played the clash for the first time this weekend.  Another fund raiser for WGT , which explains the extremely low participation rate (my cc and the others we played had about a 5% participation).  Back to the drawing board, WGT.

• CMcCartney727
    1,417 Posts
    Sun, Mar 15 2015 3:55 PM

Boomerboy44:

at least once in every game swing meter disappears

So I'm not alone then... I thought it was my browser.  And the green speed issue is a nightmare as well.  Who's driving the bus here?

• EricJeter
    361 Posts
    Sun, Mar 15 2015 6:25 PM

The term --CC vs CC Clash-- is misleading I think.  Makes the first time user (Or 2nd time user if you are me) believe that this is a competition between rival clubs based on skill.  Skill in a golf game can likely be interpreted without much of a fight as getting the lowest score possible with the best scores being rewarded accordingly.  These events do not run on that concept.  Scores do not matter at all in these clashes, neither do the points assigned by WGT (nor do they even get added to club score correctly).  The only thing that separates the winners from everybody else is the amount of cash spent, and for what? More pointless CC passes, a speed boost or 2 and a $400 golden putter that according to poldimaiers review isn't even any better than the average putter available in the pro shop for 5% of the price?  Oh and silly flag/tee markers that nobody looks at or cares about anyways.  Now I'm nowhere near a top tier player in WGT but I do enjoy a good competition.  If these events ever become a competition about GOLF instead of a wallet throwing contest then I'll be all in but until that happens I'm fairly confident that you have just lost 250 + participants from my club alone for future clashes.

On a side note... Just a quick comparison between clubs and the courses they were given during this clash.

In my club our top scorer played 14+ times at st andrews and over 60+ at bandon.  Out of our 8 clashes 6 of them have been bandon dunes with heavy wind.

Compare that to the top scorer on the leading club right now who has 49+ rounds @ St Andy, 20+ @ congressional, 18+ @ Bethpage and 0 @ bandon.  The actual numbers are higher but I didn't feel like scrolling and counting the entire score history.

The point is its not even a level playing field.  How is anybody supposed to make up points playing on the most difficult course in the game over and over and over again.  Logic says its a bit easier to get birdies and eagles (thus more points) on par 4 and par 5 holes but all we get is par 3s with stupid wind every time while the biggest money throwers continue to get the easy lies and increase their lead.  Either the "random course" generator is broken or its fixed in advance.  I'm not even butthurt about it congrats to all those who win but I hope in the future its more fair and actually about GOLF.

K I'm done ranting now.

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Sun, Mar 15 2015 7:14 PM

If you think THOSE winds during the clash on Bandon Dunes were heavy, go play the Global Golf Post Challenge going on this month. You'll find out you were playing in moderate winds ...

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sun, Mar 15 2015 7:41 PM

EricJeter:
    Compare that to the top scorer on the leading club right now who has 49+ rounds @ St Andy, 20+ @ congressional, 18+ @ Bethpage and 0 @ bandon.  The actual numbers are higher but I didn't feel like scrolling and counting the entire score history.

If I got the player correct, he played 113 nine hole rounds in 2 days!  Only two on Bandon.  His average score, not counting the two on Bandon, was 29.7.

I wonder what the record is?

• EricJeter
    361 Posts
    Sun, Mar 15 2015 8:25 PM

Stupid right?  Not only that he and his club drew bandon maybe once while mine has now had it 9 times out of 10 or 11 clashes that I'm aware of but also that anybody would have that much free time to play 113x9 (1017 holes) in less than 48 hours.  Assume 8 hours of sleep Saturday night and that its still 8PM in WGT time and thats 113 rounds in 36 hours or more than 3 rounds per hour (or 28 holes per hour) pretty much nonstop through the weekend.  I'm not sure if I admire or pity that sort of dedication.  With a free pass every 4 hours that means at MOST he got 9 free rounds and paid for 102 of them.  Thats almost $40 spent on nothing but the lining of WGT's pockets from just 1 person, not counting the wear and tear on any balls he may have purchased.  My eyes would have given up long before I reached 100 rounds.  I guess he really wants those shiny green tee markers more than the rest of us, but at his current pace it might be cheaper to just buy that stupid putter outright lolol.

And I'm done playing at bandon for a while... 10 or so rounds there in a row and Im sick of it for the next 6 months

RSS