Forums

Help › Forums

How many times have you done this ...

Sat, Nov 27 2010 11:27 AM (5 replies)
  • ToddX61
    152 Posts
    Thu, Nov 25 2010 2:20 AM

Dinged your 12 footer and left it 3 inches short?

Headed for a mid sixites round until leaving two in the drink on 17 KI?

Calculated your put perfectly only to watch the ball sail 12 feet past the hole because you forgot to change the putter increment?

Gotta love it ....

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Thu, Nov 25 2010 3:32 AM

ToddX61:

Calculated your put perfectly only to watch the ball sail 12 feet past the hole because you forgot to change the putter increment?

Gotta love it ....

Done them all many times. Or ding your 12 footer and miss 3 inches to the right or left because you misread the green slightly. But those misses are made up for by the ones where you missed the ding by a lot only to watch the putt track right into the hole because you misread the green so badly.

1,644 Posts
    Thu, Nov 25 2010 5:09 AM

ToddX61:

Huh.... no... never..... &%$*'n St. Andrews tournament greens... LOL

ToddX61:
    Actually I must say I've lost a total of about 5 balls in that water... ever, so I can't relate (no sarcasm in this one)

ToddX61:
    And you're talking to the king of wrong increments!  I can't believe how many times I've done this, the only thing worse is an uphill putt that is just a bit shorter than a certain putting scale so the default selection will be waaay short (St. Andrews #2 is the worst).... Line up the shot, ding it.... OH CRAP... half way to the hole!! AAARGH check the damn scale!!!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Nov 25 2010 9:47 AM

Heh-Nothing worse than starting out -3 after 3 and then start gripping and finish barely under par. Or hacking your way to +2 through 5, getting aggravated and just start whacking away only to birdie out!  :-( 

• DavyJones1980
    43 Posts
    Thu, Nov 25 2010 10:55 AM

.... Line up the shot, ding it.... OH CRAP... half way to the hole!! AAARGH check the damn scale!!!

And I thought I was the only nim-***-poop that has brain-farts....lol

• SgtDoodles
    3,112 Posts
    Sat, Nov 27 2010 11:27 AM

ToddX61:

Half of my putts end up like that!

ToddX61:

My best ever 18 hole round is -1!

ToddX61:

Done that once on St. Andy #1.

Doodles

RSS