Forums

Help › Forums

Not eligible for my own CC tournament I created?!

rated by 0 users
Wed, Nov 24 2010 6:49 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • JPrince
    93 Posts
    Tue, Nov 23 2010 10:26 AM

I just created a closest to pin, 10C tournament .  Was about to enter it and play it, but I get 'your country of residence does not qualify you to play in this tournament'.

wtf?!  whys that?

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Tue, Nov 23 2010 11:06 AM

Hi,

are you generally able to play ready go's? I am not 100% sure, but If u can't, then it shouldn't have allowed you to create tournament for $. If u can, then it's something else we can check.

Let us know

-wgticon

• JPrince
    93 Posts
    Tue, Nov 23 2010 12:53 PM

well when i try a ready go it says no tournaments available.  so not sure how to answer that.... i guess i'm not able to?

I also take it you cannot delete a tournament once you create one, correct?

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Tue, Nov 23 2010 1:52 PM

It seems you are not eligible. I double checked and yes you can ready $ tournament when you are not eligible to play in them.

The details about eligibility can be found here

-wgticon

• borntobesting
    9,632 Posts
    Tue, Nov 23 2010 2:00 PM

JPrince:

I just created a closest to pin, 10C tournament .  Was about to enter it and play it, but I get 'your country of residence does not qualify you to play in this tournament'.

wtf?!  whys that?

This is why. The U.S. states that do not allow skill-based gaming are: Arizona, Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Iowa, Illinois, Louisiana, Maryland, Montana, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, and Vermont. You probably live in one of these states. 

• JPrince
    93 Posts
    Wed, Nov 24 2010 6:49 AM

Ah that explains it, I'm in Illinois, thanks all for the info!

Well, this leads me to my next question, whats purpose behind the skill-based game state restrictions?

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Wed, Nov 24 2010 11:40 AM

You should ask that your state representative. Each state decides and few select chose not to allow it.

-icon

• JPrince
    93 Posts
    Wed, Nov 24 2010 11:59 AM

Seriously?  Its up to state representatives?  That's really interesting that they decide, vs WGT deciding.  How did it come to that?   Or are we thinking of 2 different kinds of people, only 1 of which i am familiar with.... ;)

• b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Wed, Nov 24 2010 12:34 PM

JPrince:

Seriously?  Its up to state representatives?  That's really interesting that they decide, vs WGT deciding.  How did it come to that?   

The states decide because it's skill based gaming, and some states don't want it to be legal...

Cheers,

b0geybuster

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Wed, Nov 24 2010 6:26 PM

Why would we ever limit people from playing all types of games. It does not make sense :)

-icon

• PAGES
RSS