Forums

Help › Forums

Driving

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jun 26 2009 11:01 AM (7 replies)
  • Sukkers
    1 Posts
    Wed, Jun 24 2009 12:06 PM

I was just wondering why we can only drive the ball 240 average for me and I have the best driver out there. Seems we should be able to go atleast 260-275 with good wood. Just a thought.

thanks

• Keith35
    20 Posts
    Wed, Jun 24 2009 1:23 PM

Right now the best driver hits 240 average.  With a strong tailwind and a good bounce you can get drives over 270.  Also keep in mind that this game is still in beta and I am sure longer hitting drivers will be coming.  I am also sure that they will be much harder to hit straight with a faster meter.

Keith35

• Pollizzi
    1 Posts
    Wed, Jun 24 2009 1:43 PM

What is the definition of beta?

• Syn7aX
    64 Posts
    Wed, Jun 24 2009 1:46 PM

The only question I have is that they have a R9 and a Ping G10 for sale right now, how can they get much better if many of the PGA tour members are using that exact Ping G10 driver?  Did you watch any of the US Open this past weekend?  How many guys were wearing that Ping G10 hat.

I just hope that they change the driving distances the higher tier you are.  I hear they are considering it.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, Jun 24 2009 2:56 PM

Pollizzi:

What is the definition of beta? 

From Dictionary.com..  (emphasis mine)

beta

/bay't*/, /be't*/ or (Commonwealth) /bee't*/ n.
    1. Mostly working, but still under test; usu. used with `in': `in beta'. In the Real World, systems (hardware or software) software often go through two stages of release testing: Alpha (in-house) and Beta (out-house?). Beta releases are generally made to a group of lucky (or unlucky) trusted customers.
    2. Anything that is new and experimental. "His girlfriend is in beta" means that he is still testing for compatibility and reserving judgment.
    3. Flaky; dubious; suspect (since beta software is notoriously buggy).

Historical note: More formally, to beta-test is to test a pre-release (potentially unreliable) version of a piece of software by making it available to selected (or self-selected) customers and users. This term derives from early 1960s terminology for product cycle checkpoints, first used at IBM but later standard throughout the industry. `Alpha Test' was the unit, module, or component test phase; `Beta Test' was initial system test. These themselves came from earlier A- and B-tests for hardware. The A-test was a feasibility and manufacturability evaluation done before any commitment to design and development. The B-test was a demonstration that the engineering model functioned as specified. The C-test (corresponding to today's beta) was the B-test performed on early samples of the production design, and the D test was the C test repeated after the model had been in production a while.
  • sgeye
    1 Posts
    Thu, Jun 25 2009 11:01 AM

I joined a while back when it was just a closest to the pin game. I am glad to see that they added stroke play and tournaments. I am a little annoyed at the driving too though. My first player can only hit it 225? What? I have known school girls that would call that weak. Any full grown healthy male should be capable of hitting it 250+, if not then you need to quit.

• scoresby
    158 Posts
    Thu, Jun 25 2009 5:10 PM

sgeye:

Any full grown healthy male should be capable of hitting it 250+, if not then you need to quit.

I wish you had been around to give me advice when I first started playing golf.  I not only was not able to hit the ball 250 yds - I couldn't hit it straight either.

I could have saved thousands$$$!

Cheers,

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Fri, Jun 26 2009 11:01 AM

scoresby:

I wish you had been around to give me advice when I first started playing golf.  I not only was not able to hit the ball 250 yds - I couldn't hit it straight either.

I could have saved thousands$$!

Scoresby.. Oh how VERY VERY true... 

(Thanks for the laugh, mate!)

RSS