Help › Forums

"A Bandon Hope!" - A Tough-It-Out Special Holiday Tourney at Bandon Dunes

Thu, Feb 12 2015 7:13 AM (153 replies)
  • MatildaIgaly
    1,822 Posts
    Tue, Dec 30 2014 11:55 PM

Corwyn:

CerinoDevoti:
    Great play Matilda!!! Leader in the clubhouse -3 for the tourney. We should be thanking you and everyone for joining in the fun. :)))

~CD~

I'll second that! Super shooting Mati. And wonderful to see a TIO veteran come in with such an impressive overall under par score. That's going to be hard to beat... 

Thanks guys! Veteran or not, playing Bandon UL i think is a much easier task than a normal full course. Just aim for the green and pray that your putter is hot kind a way :)

Still some very good scores from first round yet to play second so im sure someone will beat me, and that is ok...just glad i joined the fun.

• PTrenter
    437 Posts
    Wed, Dec 31 2014 12:38 AM

Well I probably would have taken a +4 at the start, especially after a dreaded big headwind and bogie on the 1st, but after arriving at the 16th tee level par I can't help but be a bit disappointed.  A bogie on that hole and a triple on the 17th(made a right pig's ear of UL scrambling) undid a lot of good work elsewhere.

Still, good fun and a refreshing change of pace from the norm.  Nice to be mixing it with some of the best players out there.  Thanks for organising.  Can't wait for the next one.

• JoeMaverick
    843 Posts
    Wed, Dec 31 2014 9:16 AM

Finally I have not played a training round and I paid it. I've missed many birdie putts (8.3f as longest putt made) and had some troubles with the tailwind, more than the frontwind. At the end I'm still under the par, so it's not so bad :)

• kman2009
    111 Posts
    Wed, Dec 31 2014 9:37 PM

Corwyn, Cerino, and all who put this event together,

Thanks for hosting this tourney.  Lot of fun going old school.

R2 ended in an even 54 which doesn't do justice to the "uneven" fun I had - 1 double bogey to start the round on hole#1, 4 bogeys, 1 HIO on #3, and 4 birdies (including holes 17 and 18 to end the round).

Happy New Year, everyone!

• AlaskanDame
    19,142 Posts
    Thu, Jan 1 2015 11:49 AM

WHooo - hooooooo!   I made the magic 70 !!   (Oh, you meant 70 covering both rounds?!)

I think I win "most UNimproved"  lol.  UEL not the problem - but 4 foot putts on c-greens were.  Was just getting the hang of things with par- par- birdie at the last, but . . .  well . . . a little late.

Only one more "save" this round, so not posting stats.  But here's the scorecard and a fine flop from 32 yards on No. 7 to set up a par save.  (Don't know why the replay shows as hole 8 - very weird)

[View:http://www.wgt.com/themes/wgt/utility/:550:0]

[View:http://www.wgt.com/themes/wgt/utility/:550:0]

FLOP:  replay.aspx?ID=b7d31072 514f 47ff b8dd a413013e8752

Thanks for the tourney.   (I still think "slow" greens would be more challenging for the TL's.)

AKD

• Daskino
    2,781 Posts
    Fri, Jan 2 2015 4:01 AM

64 in the 2nd rd; anyway, I enjoyed a lot (despite +9 in a row, between #4 and #9) the challenging conditions and the tourney itself :)

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Fri, Jan 2 2015 6:08 AM

Great to see so many 2nd rounds coming in... Please note: there are just 2 days left to complete R2

Here are a few updates:

Corwyn:
    I've sent a PM question to Shoe to see if he can look into it. 

I know that there was some testing involved by Icon and Shoe as they did set-up for this, but it's reasonable to suppose that trying to access the tourney with EZ swing irons equipped wasn't part of the test.

I trust that no participants will deliberately attempt to use anything other than the required full starters set up for this event.

Shoe did reply to say he'll look into it, but that his and Icon's tests did all require the starter clubs.

Corwyn:
    And I'm very curious to see how many players can end up under par across the whole tourney.

Right now we have 4 players in the clubhouse under par (congratulations!), and only another 8 with any reasonable chance of matching that achievement...

Remember top 10 placings win a sleeve from WGTdbloshoe!

Special Prizes:

Corwyn:
    P.S. I'll try and collate the info presented from R1 scorecards/stats etc, to give a picture of who's in pole position for each special prize

I've set up a basic spreadsheet (not very beautiful I'm afraid) showing all the various stats categories for those players who submitted scorecards/stats in the forum thread.

Spreadsheet is here.

Please look and see if I might have copied any of your own data wrongly, or missed your submitted info.

It's divided into 2 groupings, players who've provided a verifiable record for both rounds (either in pics or twitch etc) and those who haven't (and are thus ruled out for special prizes).

Here is a pic of the players in the running for these prizes: right-click on the image to enlarge, and keep clicking until you get largest view

Note I've added a highlight in yellow on the box where that player is currently leading that category, and highlights in blue if they are next in the standings.

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Fri, Jan 2 2015 6:09 AM

WigerToods2010:

2nd round card/stats:

Same scores on both front and back nine as in round 1 - another 56 for me.

Enjoyed it a lot more than I expected - punching the air at making par was quite funny.

Good luck folks.

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Fri, Jan 2 2015 6:21 AM

Oh, just missed you by a minute, Johnny, lol!

I've just added your R2 info to the spreadsheet, but note that I won't update the pic until tonight probably.

Congrats on your incredible Save stats: I do believe you are now leading that category with 7 across the 2 rounds. That'll be hard for anyone to match.

Agreed: punching the air after a par putt is great fun, and makes such a welcome change!

Happy New Year to you, mate!

JoeMaverick:
    Finally I have not played a training round and I paid it. I've missed many birdie putts (8.3f as longest putt made) and had some troubles with the tailwind, more than the frontwind. At the end I'm still under the par, so it's not so bad :)

Joe, did you capture your R2 card/stats to share?

Young46:
    Round 2 packed a mighty punch!

Young46: any chance you kept the replay of your 41ft putt. Right now it's the longest putt of the tourney!

• JoeMaverick
    843 Posts
    Fri, Jan 2 2015 7:16 AM

Corwyn:
    Joe, did you capture your R2 card/stats to share?

No, I didn't. it was a so common round (no long putt, average GID, average scramble, average everything...) that I didn't see the interest. 

RSS