Forums

Help › Forums

Too damn expensive to play.

Thu, Dec 8 2022 4:18 AM (20 replies)
  • alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Tue, Nov 25 2014 1:51 PM

It's possible to play Pebble this Saturday in a hotel package, from 2,000 $ p.P. up in a double room. I checked availability a minute ago.

Agaínst this, The Old Course is "cheap", around 900 GBP for

One nights, Bed & Breakfast staying at The 5* Old Course Hotel
    One round on The Old Course
    One round on The New Course

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Tue, Nov 25 2014 3:01 PM

Over the past month , I upgraded my putter and wedges even though I really didnt need to . It cost me 5,680 credits the credits I earned from doing the videos . The total cost for my current club set up is 14,470 credits . The point I want too make is that you can play this game with no out of pocket cost to you . I have been playing now for over 3 years and never spent a penny out of my pocket . I have top clubs and currently have over 4000 credits in my account all of which are free .

Take your time and learn the game . Do the videos and surveys to earn free credits and you will be able to get the clubs that you want . All you have to do is put your time in , save your credits and upgrade as you need to . Now all that I have to worry about is keeping balls in stock . I dont think that will be a problem . Hope this helps and good luck with your game . :-)

• 1enigma1
    486 Posts
    Tue, Nov 25 2014 3:35 PM

lonniescott711:
    Take your time and learn the game . Do the videos and surveys to earn free credits and you will be able to get the clubs that you want . All you have to do is put your time in , save your credits and upgrade as you need to
             I agree with Lonniescott711 it takes a bit to get used to the way certain courses play on the WGT, but its a fun & challenging journey , do the vids & surveys , save your credits for upgrades & just have fun, I deposited 20$ in June 2014 , for club upgrades but I should have waited till at least  level 59 (for higher trajectory clubs) imo , but not a dime since, all earned in free credits....    : )                         p.s  my dad played Pebble beach in the mid 1950s for 5$ with pull cart  lol........

• WoodenHands
    526 Posts
    Tue, Nov 25 2014 6:50 PM

Buy a house in St Andrews, buy a residents season ticket (approx £180) and have a choice of six 18 hole courses and one 9 hole course to play pretty much whenever you like, entitles you to play the Old, New, Jubilee, Eden, Castle, Strathtyrum and Balgove.

For me it's certainly a damn sight cheaper than playing here, if you take away the buying the house part, lol.

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Tue, Nov 25 2014 7:41 PM

lonniescott711:

I earned from doing the videos . The point I want too make is that you can play this game with no out of pocket cost to you . I have been playing now for over 3 years and never spent a penny out of my pocket 

I've got all my stuff from the 'earn free credits', too, for about 12 months total now. But recently the livegamer payout says 1 instead of 3 and the daily late night offers are gone on my end = less credits, so I choose less game time. Has anyone else noticed this? Does it affect other players or is in different for individual members?

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Wed, Nov 26 2014 12:18 PM

Guess I'm lucky to be in the southeast Alabama area.  The state has several courses on the Robert Trent Jones trail that are great and quite inexpensive.  In fact, the junior Masters is played about an hour east of me in Dothan, and I think the LPGA has a tour event up in Montgomery, if memory serves right.

• Steeltatdad
    1 Posts
    Tue, Dec 6 2022 10:22 PM

Are you seriously comparing this game to real golf? It isn’t even the same experience. Some people smh. 

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Wed, Dec 7 2022 9:05 AM

Steeltatdad:

Are you seriously comparing this game to real golf? It isn’t even the same experience. Some people smh. 

You, of course, realize that you are responding to an 8 year old post?

• craigswan
    30,952 Posts
    Wed, Dec 7 2022 11:18 AM

Quite a few old forum threads resurrected recently .

More interesting reading about the old days than now .

When we were all much younger .

• PureGro1
    1,655 Posts
    Wed, Dec 7 2022 11:32 AM

ct690911:

Steeltatdad:

You, of course, realize that you are responding to an 8 year old post?

craigswan:

Quite a few old forum threads resurrected recently .

More interesting reading about the old days than now .

When we were all much younger .

Curse of message boards...Make a new thread and someone says- why didn't you use search? reply to old thread and someone says, why the necroposting? shoulda made a new thread...lol

RSS