Forums

Help › Forums

Too damn expensive to play.

Thu, Dec 8 2022 4:18 AM (20 replies)
  • Mainge2112
    2 Posts
    Mon, Nov 24 2014 5:13 PM

Does anyone ever get annoyed that it will take hundreds of dollars to actually get better equipment?  Most facebook games make you pay $20-30 dollars if you wish to invest a bit to level up, but this game is beyond ridiculous!! 

Want a better putter so you don't keep 4 putting when your entry level putter sucks? Yeah that'll be $25 dollars...new balls that'll be $10 bucks ( just don't hit any in the water!!).  Maybe i'm missing something (no i'm not going to open up a new credit card to get a few more credits), but I think i've had enough of shooting mid eighty's with my shitty clubs.  

Either give me more credits while playing or drop the price of equipment in a big way...otherwise I might as well go play real golf for these prices!!

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Tue, Nov 25 2014 4:48 AM

I suppose there are quite a few games available for play elsewhere. For my time, only the best of the best will do. It is this game. It has no easy, quick short-cuts to being good at it. Many come here with dazzling success and expert skills with other games on their resume only to find the difficulty here too much to handle. They are used to instant success. Believe it or not, very low scores are possible with the free clubs and balls. Fact of life. If you are able to see this game as a long, fun, journey and buckle down, you will think differently, and gladly buy the custom clubs & balls to further enhance the skills you obtain.  ~ SP ~

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Tue, Nov 25 2014 5:14 AM

• 8buster8
    649 Posts
    Tue, Nov 25 2014 5:22 AM

it can be done for cheap but things may take longer & it can be hard to be *competitive*. 

In the beginning I used the *starter plus* irons and 3w to slow the meter a bit; I also used (and still do) starter balls as I felt your frustration. 

I waited a while to get a putter. 

The *Tour Pro Driver* isn't fancy but can get you 20 yards extra than your current setup:

MAX Meter 10.5° Driver (L0+)
    0+
    Hack+
    200 Cr
    High
    Pro 9.5° Driver (Pro+)
    0+
    Pro+
    250 Cr
    High
  • ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Tue, Nov 25 2014 8:19 AM

Mainge2112:
     Either give me more credits while playing or drop the price of equipment in a big way...otherwise I might as well go play real golf for these prices!!

See ya on the links dude!

WGT won't be giving you more credits and they won't be lowering their prices for you. You get to decide if you spend the money, or not.

You'll find that real golf is considerably more expensive than WGT.

Particularly if you play golf courses as nice as the ones we have here on WGT.

Bethpage Black is a public, state owned golf course.

Non-residents pay $130 for 18 holes during the week, and $150 for 18 on the weekend.

A small bucket of balls to hit for warm up is $8. Of course you need to buy golf balls somewhere to use on the course.

If you want to use an electric cart that's $37 more. So pretty close to $200 to play 18 there on a weekend if you ride instead of walking.

If you have to travel to play the course your costs go up dramatically.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Nov 25 2014 11:59 AM

ApexPC:
    If you want to use an electric cart that's $37 more.

I believe the black course is walk only so apply that $37 to a few Nikes, nowhere near a dozen.  :-D

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Tue, Nov 25 2014 12:16 PM

Mainge2112:
    with my shitty clubs.  

How'd that make it through?  Shitty  is allowed but *** (shitty without the ty ending) isn't?  LOL

And this game is not expensive at all, if you buy equipment, it is a choice and a choice that is entirely up to each player on what is too much.

• JasonBlazer
    2,246 Posts
    Tue, Nov 25 2014 12:27 PM

I believe Pebble Beach, another public course, is $505 for 18....

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Tue, Nov 25 2014 12:47 PM

JasonBlazer:

I believe Pebble Beach, another public course, is $505 for 18....

IF you know somebody and can get a tee time in less than 6 months LOL...

• K9Boss
    28 Posts
    Tue, Nov 25 2014 1:36 PM

There are 4 courses @ Pebble and 1, 9-Hole, Par 3. You can play the Par 3 for $30.

If you stay in a Hotel, it's anywhere from $700 - $2k / per night (2-night stay required to play Pebble) + Golf +Cart. Need a caddie? Extra $80

RSS