Forums

Help › Forums

Poaching of Club members

rated by 0 users
Thu, Nov 13 2014 4:39 PM (20 replies)
  • twintig
    409 Posts
    Fri, Nov 7 2014 10:02 PM

It is often the case that members of country clubs are invited to another club. Those who do not look closely,  can keep that too for an invitation to a game and are suddenly a member of a new, unwanted club in doubt.

WGT should terminate an invitation from members in a country club in another, since such solicitation is untrustworthy and only leads to undesirable expense.

Unfortunately, the new officers / directors (so far) are enabled not the least more than they could as normal members before. Should also be improved quickly, particularly with regard to the management members!

regards twintig

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Fri, Nov 7 2014 11:50 PM

Das ist der Firma ziemlich egal. Schwachpunkte die kein Geld kosten werden selten geändert. CC Unterstützung steht vorwiegend auf den Fahnen.

Hoffnung auf Besserung ist unnütz, "et ess wie et ess"!

Short translation: It's a business, hope is futile.

• Dubfore
    4,348 Posts
    Sat, Nov 8 2014 3:24 PM

twintig:
    WGT should terminate an invitation from members in a country club in another

I disagree with the above comment.

I've been looking at a lot of clubs recently with a small l amount of 'member's and wasn't surprised to see that quite a lot had very little activity,  and with club 'owners' not having played in months.  

Some members of these stagnant clubs have gladly accepted my invitation and were welcomed into the Fair Play GC.

• WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Sat, Nov 8 2014 6:11 PM

twintig:

It is often the case that members of country clubs are invited to another club. Those who do not look closely,  can keep that too for an invitation to a game and are suddenly a member of a new, unwanted club in doubt.

WGT should terminate an invitation from members in a country club in another, since such solicitation is untrustworthy and only leads to undesirable expense.

Unfortunately, the new officers / directors (so far) are enabled not the least more than they could as normal members before. Should also be improved quickly, particularly with regard to the management members!

regards twintig

Not against the rules to invite players to join a new club.  Some players may not even realize they can leave their club and join a new one.  As stated above, some in stagnant clubs may welcome the invite.

- WGTdbloshoe

• CanineSupervisor
    1,882 Posts
    Sat, Nov 8 2014 6:48 PM

Poaching, as you call it, isn't always what it seems. Once a member sends a request to another club he/she is prompted to quit his/her current club and does so.

I've owned 3 CC's here and never criticize any member for moving elsewhere. I have even closed 2 of them (fairly large) due to lack of participation.

Problem is, many players just don't participate in CC events and some that do, get tired of losing to the same players over and over again because the CC's create tournaments for all members and not tier specific, therefore the member seeks out other clubs.

Another issue that causes players to change addresses is Rules - Do this - Don't do that - You are not allowed to do anything without clearing it through club directors first. etc, etc. Some CC owners treat their clubs like Kingdoms rather than the social environment it is intended to be.

Now, with the addition of CC passes and special glory awards, players seek out the enormous clubs in hopes of being awarded some sort of recognition for their efforts.

When all is said and done - it's a member's choice to do as they choose.

...just sayin'

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Sat, Nov 8 2014 7:14 PM

If someone leaves one club for another it's because they wanted to. Regardless of poaching or invites, it's still a free will decision made by individuals.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sat, Nov 8 2014 7:35 PM

I take a dim view of poaching members from other CCs.

A much better method is to slow roast 'em and serve with buttery mashed potatoes and onion gravy.

• CanineSupervisor
    1,882 Posts
    Sat, Nov 8 2014 7:43 PM

PaulTon:

I take a dim view of poaching members from other CCs.

A much better method is to slow roast 'em and serve with buttery mashed potatoes and onion gravy.

How did I know you would chime in with a cooking comment? hmm...LMAO !!!!

• Hewsey
    1,957 Posts
    Sat, Nov 8 2014 8:52 PM

Personally as an owner of a CC I take a dim view of "poaching" players from another CC. If the player wants to leave their CC that's fine, but for a CC to seek out other players currently in a CC, I just don't agree. IMO

RSS