Forums

Help › Forums

I just found out

Wed, Jan 3 2024 12:03 AM (26 replies)
  • wldthng016400
    250 Posts
    Fri, Oct 17 2014 5:48 PM

WGT is taking strokes off your ball for taking a gimme!  What's up with that?

I just played a practice round with a cc member with a ball that was about to expire and WGT gave me a new ball after a gimme!!!!!

I guess picking up a ball puts more wear on it than putting.............in virtual golf anyway.

• spdemon
    1,588 Posts
    Fri, Oct 17 2014 9:31 PM

wldthng016400:

I just played a practice round with a cc member with a ball that was about to expire and WGT gave me a new ball after a gimme!!!!!

I guess picking up a ball puts more wear on it than putting.............in virtual golf anyway.

FAQ's say this 

What is a Mulligan?

A mulligan is a stroke that is replayed from the spot of the previous stroke without penalty.

How can I take a mulligan in WGT?

Mulligans can only be used in Practice mode as a single player playing on a stroke play course.

But then we get this too lol 

Is there a cost to use a mulligan?

If you use a mulligan during a Practice game, the ball you are using will be degraded by two hits instead of one hit. Mulligan putts will also degrade your ball by two hits.

Is there a limit on the number of mulligans I can use?

No, there is no limit on the number of mulligans you can use when playing a Practice game.

Please note that your game stats will not be accurate if you use mulligans during your Practice gameef.    NOTE the gameef is a copy and paste not a misspell btw 

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Fri, Oct 17 2014 9:32 PM

spdemon:

FAQ's say this 

What is a Mulligan?

What do the FAQ's say about a gimmee?

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Fri, Oct 17 2014 9:36 PM

andyson:

They say...

Gimme a Mully;)

• spdemon
    1,588 Posts
    Fri, Oct 17 2014 9:37 PM

andyson:

spdemon:

FAQ's say this 

What is a Mulligan?

oh ffs lol 

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Fri, Oct 17 2014 9:39 PM

LOL I call 'em senior moments myself.

• spdemon
    1,588 Posts
    Fri, Oct 17 2014 9:45 PM

andyson:

LOL I call 'em senior moments myself.

lol

• alosso
    21,038 Posts
    Fri, Oct 17 2014 9:54 PM

wldthng016400:

It counts towards your score and your XPs, so why should it not count towards ball life?

• spdemon
    1,588 Posts
    Fri, Oct 17 2014 10:02 PM

alosso:

wldthng016400:

It counts towards your score and your XPs, so why should it not count towards ball life?

Ok since its a gimmie lol no it should not count towards either gimmies don't get a hit on the ball they get picked up 

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Fri, Oct 17 2014 10:12 PM

spdemon:

Ok since its a gimmie lol no it should not count towards either gimmies don't get a hit on the ball they get picked up 

Exactly.  And in WGT land, even if you had hit the ball in it wouldn't have knocked a shot off it's life.

I almost never play practice rounds so it's not an issue for me but I wonder how many gimmes have been taken by everyone since they introduced the feature.   Each player probably only losing a few shots off their ball but added together I expect it's quite a few sleeves.

And you're not alone spdemon, I also read the first post and thought  Huh, everyone knows it takes 2 shots off, it always has.  It even shows a little -2 when you do it.

RSS