Forums

Help › Forums

Statement from ANCC owner

rated by 0 users
Thu, Nov 6 2014 12:57 PM (163 replies)
  • xiagu
    13 Posts
    Wed, Oct 15 2014 7:24 AM
    This is an arguement between gamers and golfers. If you know gamers, they look for all ways to get ahead, mostly young and naive. Golfers hate this and despise anything that resembles dishonesty and cheating. The question is, is WGT a game or is it golf?
  • DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Wed, Oct 15 2014 7:32 AM

MainzMan:
    Not sure what to say about that other famous club that has suddenly been cast under a shadow.  I'd be astonished if Courteney had a hand in something like that though.

From what I see, on Sean's wall below your own (very fair) post,  I think Courteney's already indicated that she wasn't around on Friday.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Wed, Oct 15 2014 7:47 AM

So now all AND Courteney in the People's C Club are next in line ?

It was Pirikas who set par5 up btw ( spies ev where :) )

----------------------------------------------------

BUT:- as I keep saying, and others have come to realize.....

" NO - ONE knew the rules ! "

Everyone was just trying to get the most points going..by buying passes for whatever they were playing, WITHOUT a forethought of being underhand or deceiving imho.

#1 :  Think ( more than these 2 clubs named ) members bought passes for EVERY CTTH in a vain hope of finding a glitch ?

A / No, they bought passes in good faith and thought " well, that was quicker, so.."

#2 : Would said 2 clubs of MANY,  unmentioned...NAME the damn tourneys as they did ?

A / NO, They would have kept it under wraps if they had ANY inkling they were 'bending' the rules, surely !?!

Couldn't play ' Clash' , but I'd've played exactly the same courses in all innocence.

It was what it was and next time I'm sure it will be better...

Andy

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Wed, Oct 15 2014 7:51 AM

alcaucin:

#1 :  Think ( more than these 2 clubs named ) members bought passes for EVERY CTTH in a vain hope of finding a glitch ?

A / No, they bought passes in good faith and thought " well, that was quicker, so.."

I wonder if anytime a CC pass was used for any particular round, (non Clash round) the XP's were added to the Clash total?

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Wed, Oct 15 2014 7:58 AM

MBaggese:

alcaucin:

I wonder if anytime a CC pass was used for any particular round, (non Clash round) the XP's were added to the Clash total?

?? who knows Mike. they must have..............my whole point...

NO-ONE knew what was happening, the rules were as clear as mud ! :))

Shudda been rolled out FREE as a test but........................................... :(

^^ quotation eh ? sorry M ( you get it ) :))

• IRISHPUNK
    4,019 Posts
    Wed, Oct 15 2014 8:32 AM

DodgyPutter:

MainzMan:
    Not sure what to say about that other famous club that has suddenly been cast under a shadow.  I'd be astonished if Courteney had a hand in something like that though.

From what I see, on Sean's wall below your own (very fair) post,  I think Courteney's already indicated that she wasn't around on Friday.

None of our folks would have thought to set an event like that.  Just sayin...

• IRISHPUNK
    4,019 Posts
    Wed, Oct 15 2014 8:36 AM

alcaucin:

So now all AND Courteney in the People's C Club are next in line ?

It was Pirikas who set par5 up btw ( spies ev where :) )

----------------------------------------------------

BUT:- as I keep saying, and others have come to realize.....

" NO - ONE knew the rules ! "

Everyone was just trying to get the most points going..by buying passes for whatever they were playing, WITHOUT a forethought of being underhand or deceiving imho.

#2 : Would said 2 clubs of MANY,  unmentioned...NAME the damn tourneys as they did ?

A / NO, They would have kept it under wraps if they had ANY inkling they were 'bending' the rules, surely !?!

Couldn't play ' Clash' , but I'd've played exactly the same courses in all innocence.

It was what it was and next time I'm sure it will be better...

Andy

No one knew the rules... huh?  I played the event.  I hit "play club clash" and I played the course that I was taken too.  

• ECBonus
    743 Posts
    Wed, Oct 15 2014 8:57 AM

"No one knew the rules... huh?  I played the event.  I hit "play club clash" and I played the course that I was taken too. "

Us too, we must have hit the wrong button.

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Wed, Oct 15 2014 8:57 AM

IRISHPUNK:
     I played the event.  I hit "play club clash" and I played the course that I was taken too.  

Exactly. If anyone got credit for playing another event they knew it was a mistake and they could not benefit from it, and, if exposed, would expect it to be disallowed.

• alosso
    21,045 Posts
    Wed, Oct 15 2014 9:01 AM

MBaggese:

Dunno in general, but I remember a remark from the active thread during the clash stating that a round on Bethpage with a pass but outside the clash would have counted.

RSS