Thu, Oct 28 2010 11:07 AM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Chipsalot
    74 Posts
    Wed, Oct 27 2010 8:26 AM

Faterson:

Chipsalot:
    The Flash Cache is cleared at least twice a week

That's a big mistake on your part; no wonder you're having issues! WGT have often warned us not to clear our caches too frequently. Read more here.

Other than that, I agree with your post. But I wouldn't blame WGTSky (is that a "she"?!)  . It's obvious that WGT is understaffed, both in terms of game development and user support; no single person can ever hope to efficiently manage these large forums and the many user queries (also those sent via email). WGT appear unwilling to hire more people to perform these tasks, or more programmers to develop more courses faster... which may be a sign they're in financial constraints. 

Faterson:

Chipsalot:
    The Flash Cache is cleared at least twice a week

That's a big mistake on your part; no wonder you're having issues! WGT have often warned us not to clear our caches too frequently. Read more here.

Then WGT is wrong Faterson.

Flash holds more site settings than those of WGT and if one were to visit as many sites as I do within the course of a week then that cache has to be well maintained.

I've already stated that my computer is very fast and I can download WGT game settings pretty much as fast as most users load from an intact cache.

As for the management of Forums, it simply comes down to good management and dealing with problems as they occur.

I own and manage three active forums with the support of the forum members who act as Administrators and Global Moderators and I have no problems.

However, the very best of the way any forum support is run is that by Proboards Support Forum which deals with issues from over seven million Proboards. All queries are generally solved within 24 hours (most within a couple of hours) and those issues may have to deal with complex coding.

There is not a massive staff involvement either. The Proboards Support  Board is basically operated by one paid administrator and unpaid volunteers.

Those interested how Proboards Support Forums operate should follow this link...

http://support.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=support

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Oct 27 2010 8:32 AM

Chipsalot:
    Flash holds more site settings than those of WGT and if one were to visit as many sites as I do within the course of a week then that cache has to be well maintained.

Just delete wgt.com, not all sites. It makes a big difference after a large number of rounds. :-)

• griffygriff
    597 Posts
    Wed, Oct 27 2010 9:19 AM

With approximately 200.000 rounds played everyday...X 5 or 6 complaints, i don't think Mr WGT is losing any sleep over his sites inadequate forum responses.

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Wed, Oct 27 2010 9:21 AM

"Recent WGT Announcements"

Hi MJS,

Collecting player feedback from multiple sources and coordinating a reply of substance, needs to take the appropriate amount of time.  Rest assured that WGT does care about the community and would like your feedback on issues such as Average Score calculation.  Please see Announcement/News Forum post of Oct 21st (http://wgt.com/forums/p/26060/146098.aspx#146098) and let us know what you think.

And as always, keep an eye on Announcements for more info as it's available!

THERE IS LIFE AT WGT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Thu, Oct 28 2010 3:18 AM

Chipsalot:
    I own and manage three active forums with the support of the forum members who act as Administrators and Global Moderators and I have no problems.

Yes, that has been suggested to WGT many times in the past (using unpaid volunteer moderators), but they've ignored that advice. They seem afraid of volunteers, and prefer to leave their forums in chaos.

Chipsalot:
    Proboards Support  Board

A switch to Proboards wouldn't solve the main issues in these forums, which are: duplicate threads (and failure to merge duplicate threads), threads posted in wrong forum subsections, personal attacks. That must be dealt with by someone familiar with this golf game, so any reliable unpaid volunteers would be ideal for the task.

• Chipsalot
    74 Posts
    Thu, Oct 28 2010 11:01 AM

Faterson:

A switch to Proboards wouldn't solve the main issues in these forums, which are: duplicate threads (and failure to merge duplicate threads), threads posted in wrong forum subsections, personal attacks. That must be dealt with by someone familiar with this golf game, so any reliable unpaid volunteers would be ideal for the task.

Thank you for your reply Faterson.

I wasn't suggesting a switch to Proboards, what I was suggesting was that WGT emulatate the style of Proboards support board.

Such a board would attract most of the 'query' posts, most of which could be answered by experienced WGT members like yourself.

Posts  that cannot be resolved should be 'kicked up' for WGT attention by volunteer moderators.

I used Proboards Support board as an example what could be achieved.

There is no doubt that their methods work very well and would address some of the chaos encountered on WGT Forum boards.

Regards

Chips.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Thu, Oct 28 2010 11:07 AM

Right. I'm sure volunteers are the way to go for WGT. They aren't a mammoth corporation like E&A who have multiple staff members present in TWO forums at all times of day and night, weekdays or weekends.

• PAGES
RSS