Forums

Help › Forums

WGT want you to go away

Thu, Oct 28 2010 11:07 AM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • MJS74
    341 Posts
    Mon, Oct 25 2010 3:06 PM

Having read of, and posted numerous times on, the lack of communication from WGT, it leads me to one and only one conclusion.

They want you to go away, leave them alone...but be sure to spend money.

There are countless threads with "WGT please answer" etc, yet they do not. Nor do I believe they will in any meaningful way.

The site was down earlier. Nothing on the News page about it...still the headline is the Ryder Cup - 3 weeks old today.  Averages were changed, not a mention on the news page.

Any business that treats its customers in this way usually, ultimately learns a harsh lesson.  Technology is getting increasingly inexpensive, and when a golf game comes along of comparable quality, and it will, with better service and communication (which could be accomplished by Benedictine Monks), people will vote with their fingers.

Two of them, in a V formation

• BustaSpliff
    417 Posts
    Tue, Oct 26 2010 5:28 PM

Like you say no feedback,surely the Trading Standards would  like too hear about them.What  happened too the Paying Customers Rights,surely something can be done.

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Tue, Oct 26 2010 5:47 PM

[quote="Stryder1261"]......I am 1 staggering meter click away from leaving WGT 

Stryder, my "Brother", hang in there. I feel your frustration about the game mechanics..been there numerous times. You know that most of the "serious and honest" players with integrity who play this game have had to climb and conquer that same hurdle your going through.

Just a word of encouragement..."one plants, one waters but God gets the increase"  

Lord bless you,

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Tue, Oct 26 2010 6:24 PM

Guys,It's a game.A game relies on players,and players are fallable,I'm not saying that the problems you experience are any less real,or even the fault of the player,but in my humble opinion,why not just enjoy what there is?

Yep,Ive had many many balls stop on the lip,turn away incomprehensibly,jump holes,fly off into the nether regions-all of that,and yep also,I go through the rituals of the frustrated just like everyone else,and furthermore,just like all the players who have been here for yonkiedoodles longer than me.I look at people who have made legend and have to wonder that they too must experience all these glitches and inconsistencies.And Guess whatty?That tells me that there is yet hope for me-and everyone else here.

I have thought as well,in a fit of moonmadness pique,that I will leave and everyone will be sorrie,and then I realise that no one would even miss me or give a rats posterior,so my personal hystrionics are all a bit of a pyrrhic piece of vanity in the end.

Just saying is all...

Lizzie

• macbar
    79 Posts
    Tue, Oct 26 2010 7:16 PM

You're right Lizzie... They may not give a rat's behind what we think. I'm sure they get tired of all the complaining but golf is a game of finesse and they are holding this out as a viable commercial simulator of the real game. Much of what they've done is nothing less than astounding. However, when I give them well over $300 a year to play this game I expect at least a modicum of respect for my opinions.

It is totally unacceptable that I hit a putt from 1 foot into the fringe and the ball does not even wobble, let alone move toward the hole. It is totally unacceptable that I mis-hit an iron by less than a pixel width and the ball winds up 20 yards to the right AGAINST a 15mph right to left wind no less!!! Furthermore, to charge 145 credits for Legend balls that do very little to address the distance issues we face and don't last as long as a good sneeze is shameful if not criminal. Lastly, it eludes my sensibilities that when I do get a good round going since the tier changes and am 3 or 4 under par something ALWAYS happens to knock me back to par or worse. It happens too consistently to be just happenstance. Is it built into the game? I can almost predict when it's going to happen next so you tell me. As far as the meter thing goes, much of it relates to the player's computer or game settings but the worst glitches seem to happen out of the blue and, more often than not, when the player has an exceptional game underway. 

The game is in Beta. I understand that. But I also know that they cannot not hide behind Beta versioning for very long and keep their customer base. If I leave, I'm taking my $300 a year along with at least half of my friends list. Do you really want that to happen multiple times WGT? Bet the owners or shareholders, as the case may be wouldn't be smiling too long about that one.

• Lisa03
    5,910 Posts
    Tue, Oct 26 2010 8:40 PM

I've read the comments and somewhere there seems to be something missing. We complain about getting "meter spike" "bugs" and I've had some pretty good rounds destroyed by one "system" error!

But who is responsible--well to hear WGT respond (when they use to) its always the players fault. Inadequqte system, failure to properly load or use chrome etc. never have I heard WGT-take responsiblity and admitt--inept staff?  bad server? programming error?

No they're too busy figuring out how to get members to jump thru hoops to get to certain levels so we can spend more money on credits to buy every club in the pro shop and buy balls that barely lasts 18 holes. God forbid you hit a Legend ball in the water due to meter spike!

But we still come back for more-more frustrations, less fun. Greens as fast as hardwood floors. 600+ yards par 5s and 524 yd par 4 with 30 mph wind in your face.Such conditions do not eist in the real world of "Golf" and they shouldn't exist on a game.. After all--it is "just a game".

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Tue, Oct 26 2010 10:34 PM

Lisa...... Seems like your holding back. Take a deep breath and let it All out. You'll feel better in the mourning.... Its ok. Many  Most players including myself would agree to your comments.

Hang tight Girl!!!!!!  

• Chipsalot
    74 Posts
    Wed, Oct 27 2010 12:19 AM

I know I'm wasting my time posting this because all previous complaints have gone unanswered.

WGTSky is supposed to be the liason between the site and its members, if that's the case she must only be working for 3 hours a week.

Members concerns are not being addressed, the site is literally falling apart around our ears and they continually neglect to most important issue in the game.

The damned Swing Meter.

My computer was purpose built as a game machine and it's incredible fast. The Flash Cache is cleared at least twice a week as well conducting Spyware Scans and clearing all temporary files and while the meter doesn't affect me as badly as many other players... it still catches me, especially when you are making a crucial shot.

The Swing Meter is the most crucial part of the game and it's been a PITA ever since I've been a member which is close to two years. You would have thought WGT would have made this a priority and fixed the damn thing once and for all.

You may not be listening to us WGT but as sure as God made little green apples your sponsors/adverisers are reading these forums and the discontent among the membership will make them think twice. If not that... some bright spark will say to themselves... "Well if WGT can't give the punters what they want - I will," and you'll suddenly have a serious competitor on your doorstep.

I can't believe you've been so arrogant in dealing with your membership. 

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Wed, Oct 27 2010 12:20 AM

you said it all.  totally agree.  if there is somthing better in the internet world, i haven't found it.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Wed, Oct 27 2010 12:35 AM

Chipsalot:
    The Flash Cache is cleared at least twice a week

That's a big mistake on your part; no wonder you're having issues! WGT have often warned us not to clear our caches too frequently. Read more here.

Other than that, I agree with your post. But I wouldn't blame WGTSky (is that a "she"?!)  . It's obvious that WGT is understaffed, both in terms of game development and user support; no single person can ever hope to efficiently manage these large forums and the many user queries (also those sent via email). WGT appear unwilling to hire more people to perform these tasks, or more programmers to develop more courses faster... which may be a sign they're in financial constraints. 

• PAGES
RSS