Forums

Help › Forums

COUNTRY CLUB GRAND PRIX TOURNAMENT

Mon, Sep 18 2017 3:08 AM (839 replies)
  • stevereilly
    5,910 Posts
    Fri, Sep 5 2014 11:26 AM

May I ask, would there be an opportunity to change a teams roster of players at some point during the competition ? 

I'm clutching at straws here but maybe BolloxinBruges will decide to leave the Deviations and join our cc  (  it may happen !  LOL  ).

• efratimike
    808 Posts
    Fri, Sep 5 2014 12:39 PM

AlbertoBQ:

We're very sorry Dazza, but it would not be fair to the other clubs to have 2 teams form the same CC.

You will have to deal with tough choices, like every other captain does :-), and make that 10 players selection... good luck!

-abq-

Is there a way you can expand the number of members to 15, I imagine you have enough on your plate just curious since we have 3 weeks left.would it be too much since most clubs submited a team .

• pierolitfiba
    6,844 Posts
    Fri, Sep 5 2014 1:18 PM

stevereilly:

May I ask, would there be an opportunity to change a teams roster of players at some point during the competition ? 

I'm clutching at straws here but maybe BolloxinBruges will decide to leave the Deviations and join our cc  (  it may happen !  LOL  ).

Sorry it can be changed whitin 30 September...............no during the tournament.

Convince bollox to enter immediately into your club ............... offer him a drink lol

Carlo

• pierolitfiba
    6,844 Posts
    Fri, Sep 5 2014 1:21 PM

DAZZA501:
    That is a shame. I have 20 players who wish to play so 2 teams would of been ideal.

In my club I'm making the rounds of qualification and where possible also that I stay out

• pierolitfiba
    6,844 Posts
    Fri, Sep 5 2014 1:33 PM

efratimike:
    Is there a way you can expand the number of members to 15, I imagine you have enough on your plate just curious since we have 3 weeks left.would it be too much since most clubs submited a team .

It's no possible...................We have to check 10 results for 16-20 teams (160-200 score) 

already seems like a hard work.

Carlo

• AlbertoBQ
    2,560 Posts
    Fri, Sep 5 2014 1:39 PM

pierolitfiba:
    In my club I'm making the rounds of qualification and where possible also that I stay out

Carlo, I think you should play in your team, so we will have a better chance to qualify .. bwhhahahaha !!

-abq-

• RemBeau
    2,515 Posts
    Fri, Sep 5 2014 8:40 PM

pierolitfiba:

Convince bollox to enter immediately into your club ............... offer him a drink lol

Carlo

Did someone mentioned"offered him a drink " :hihihi:

Coincidence, i am preparing a Bolloxus Amaretto  :P

---------

Question Carlo

-  This tourney will take a while to be completed & we all know that when we plan a long term tourney, there is always a situation where a player  cannot complete all the rounds in a row ,  

Suggestion : can we add to the 10 players list : 1 or 2 back up players on the official list .  This would be to avoid a team to be penalized not because of theirs results  but because they miss a player. 

- The posting for the results per round, will it be in this WGT post, or an other one? Or via an other platform of communication ?

Grazie

Rémy

• efratimike
    808 Posts
    Sat, Sep 6 2014 3:22 AM

RemBeau:
    Suggestion : can we add to the 10 players list : 1 or 2 back up players on the official list .  This would be to avoid a team to be penalized not because of theirs results  but because they miss a player. 

I say  a max of 3 players but teams can abuse  that  by entering thier best ctth player when needed,

unless once a member is switched he must continue till end of tournament.   fact is a long tourney must have 1 or 2 reserves......

• graemelee99
    2,567 Posts
    Sat, Sep 6 2014 4:00 AM

efratimike:

RemBeau:

I say  a max of 3 players but teams can abuse  that  by entering thier best ctth player when needed,

unless once a member is switched he must continue till end of tournament.   fact is a long tourney must have 1 or 2 reserves......

technically there are 5 reserves, as only 5 scores count each week ......so always going to be able to post 5 scores each week surely??

• AlbertoBQ
    2,560 Posts
    Sat, Sep 6 2014 12:45 PM

efratimike:

RemBeau:

- The posting for the results per round, will it be in this WGT post, or an other one? Or via an other platform of communication ?

efratimike:

graemelee99:
    technically there are 5 reserves, as only 5 scores count each week ......so always going to be able to post 5 scores each week surely??
    Hi everyone, thank you for sharing your opinion and submitting your ideas.
    Sorry, but we are not considering to extend the number of players per team.
    During this competition we will always pick the top 5 scores, but will allow all 10 players to submit their result.
    This 5 players difference will be your "bench", in case someone of your team players leaves the team or if he/she cannot play in the future for any reason so, as a matter of fact there are already 5 players (half of your team) that play as reserve.
    Try to select players that will be available, or anyway include all active players in your roster, so that you won't have a problem in the future.
    For this reason, I am suggesting every CC to submit a full list of 10 players, so that they will avoid facing the problems that you guys pointed out very well.
    So far, all CC that sent a list it was of 10 players, except for the Crowned Masters Golf Resort, which only has 5 players, so I am inviting Fraenkel to fill the roster before the tournament starts.
    Thank you!
    PS: as we did in past tournaments, we will collect the scores of all participants, so you do not need to post your scores anywhere.
    Of course, if you want to brag (or anyhow comment) about it, we will love to hear from you :-D
    -abq-
RSS