Forums

Help › Forums

Think I just found the lowest AVG player on wgt :)

Mon, Jan 4 2021 10:22 AM (170 replies)
  • MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Fri, Sep 26 2014 7:30 AM

fatdan:

IMO it easier to score -12 at KW than -11 at BPB

Maybe Dan, I was only looking at what par is for those courses and not how easy eagles are to make.

On the other hand, Kiawah greens can be pretty diabolical if you don't nail your approaches.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Fri, Sep 26 2014 10:50 AM

I know what you mean...I used to play KW all the time so it seems easy to me.

from the front tees 2 is an easy eagle, 3 is drivable, and 7 is an easy eagle...4 is a birdie hole instead of par because you can go over the creek/rough to the 2nd fairway, and the par 3's are much shorter shots...

on BPB 4 is the only eagle hole unless you hole an approach shot...

BPB is easier to putt but I know KW pretty well and usually get my approach shot well within my average distance to pin..and those putts with bad camera angles seem to drop if you even get close...

It's all what the individual is used to...

• Jessica84
    53 Posts
    Sun, Sep 28 2014 10:38 AM

still say I'd like to see her completion percentage before going any further.  If it's green, very impressive.  If it's yellow, not bad.  If it's orange, lackluster.

Anyone can quit after making a par (or birdie on 4).

• gmaster007
    2,101 Posts
    Mon, Oct 6 2014 9:27 AM

• Lizard69
    2,006 Posts
    Mon, Oct 6 2014 10:28 AM

Silly q but doesn't the colour dictate your multiplayer completion rate?

Thats the impression I have always had.

I personally don't believe this average proves anything about this players TRUE ability.

I do believe that we will see a lot more of this though and that is sad.

Just my 5 pennies

:-)

• spdemon
    1,588 Posts
    Mon, Oct 6 2014 10:43 AM

Lizard69:

Why so if this is how people enjoy the game who really cares to many people worry about what others do now that is whats really sad 

The game is for enjoyment and you can play it however you like 

• PBaldwin
    108 Posts
    Mon, Oct 6 2014 10:50 AM

Lizard69:

Silly q but doesn't the colour dictate your multiplayer completion rate?

Thats the impression I have always had.

I personally don't believe this average proves anything about this players TRUE ability.

Just my 5 pennies

:-)

I've already noticed issues with it, alt shot in particular.  Some people have such over inflated averages now that they get put with a certain player to even things up, when in fact it does the opposite because their average is off the ladies tees.

I wish they had a more true average score based off of course ratings and such.  Someone who plays Merion or Oakmont all the time is going to have a tough time having anywhere close to the same average as someone who plays BPB F9 all the time.

Of course average means absolutely nothing, but most people probably base their initial thoughts on someone based on their scoring average.

Anyways, yes the completion % is based off of multiplayer games.

• Lizard69
    2,006 Posts
    Mon, Oct 6 2014 11:20 AM

spdemon:

Lizard69:

Why so if this is how people enjoy the game who really cares to many people worry about what others do now that is whats really sad 

The game is for enjoyment and you can play it however you like 

I didn't say it was wrong and I am certainly not dictating how people should play to gain their own enjoyment from this game..

Its called an opinion and I am entitled to mine as is everybody else on these forums..

You ok with that?

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Mon, Oct 6 2014 11:29 AM

PBaldwin:

I wish they had a more true average score based off of course ratings and such.  Someone who plays Merion or Oakmont all the time is going to have a tough time having anywhere close to the same average as someone who plays BPB F9 all the time.

True, but then they could just play the back 9 at Merion par 34/ Oak par 35, and neither one is that tough to score well once you figure them out, nothing like either front 9...there is always a way to manipulate ones average...I have a tough time shooting my average on 18 holes on any course(more like 60-62), but I can shoot 27-29 on a regular basis for 9 holes before the VEM kicks in or I get bored....

Problem is I could go to KW or BPB front sides and easily lower my average into the low 50's for fun, but still couldn't beat half the TL's and legends with higher averages...

• Mushy01
    2,567 Posts
    Sat, Oct 11 2014 5:30 PM

Theres the Big 5 0 

Well done ... some shooting for sure.

RSS