Forums

Help › Forums

UEL Ryder Cup @ Pinehurst: Sep20-Oct13

Fri, Oct 17 2014 4:57 PM (366 replies)
  • devonnnnn
    1,085 Posts
    Sun, Sep 21 2014 10:57 AM

Hi, its 3:30pm my time and nobody online. I will be home soon so hoping after im home we can get this started.

• bhoese
    679 Posts
    Sun, Sep 21 2014 11:04 AM

We are on the first tee!

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Sun, Sep 21 2014 11:23 AM

That's good news! And I see that Konrad, MainzMain, Wes and Fred are all busy too.

Lots happening at Pinehurst today!

• KyRock75
    411 Posts
    Sun, Sep 21 2014 12:04 PM

Icon and I are green and ready to go!

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Sun, Sep 21 2014 12:06 PM

KyRock75:

Icon and I are green and ready to go!

cricketrules is off !

Can you invite guys? I am ready

Eric

edit..???...not sure what to do, cricketrules is still off...

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Sun, Sep 21 2014 12:09 PM

LOLserver:
    cricketrules is off !

Ironic that i was the 1 who got dropped for not logging on for 1 day! but i'm the 1 who's here at the time that was scheduled to play the match and not the guy who said he was gonna be here.  

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Sun, Sep 21 2014 12:10 PM

DAZZA501:

LOLserver:
    cricketrules is off !

Ironic that i was the 1 who got dropped for not logging on for 1 day! but i'm the 1 who's here at the time that was scheduled to play the match and not the guy who said he was gonna be here.  

Lets play m8...please invite, cricketrules is not here,,,u & me only.

If cricketrules is not on..it is his fault...LETS GO!

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Sun, Sep 21 2014 12:15 PM

Correct!

Per the Guidelines for no-shows, this is exactly what should happen, if the other 3 players are there and ready to go.

You've waited 10 minutes after scheduled start time. Dazza is next on the Alternate list, and is there and available. Go for it with Eric and Dazza against Rock and Icon.

Thanks!

---------

And Dazza, just to be clear, you were not "dropped for not logging on for 1 day". The matches were published 7 days ago. I couldn't see any attempts from you to set up a playing time as I've made clear is the process (but I could see forum posts from the other 3 players in your group). Nor did you respond to any PMs about scheduling (in fact, haven't replied to any of my PMs about the tourney at all). So, basically, we had no confirmation from you that you were in fact okay to play at the time you'd indicated. In the circumstances it would have been unfair on the other players to just hope you'd be around... Your reply to me yesterday said you were "waiting to hear from one of [your] opponents as this is the norm for every tournament [you've] ever played on wgt", but my concern is that if everyone did that, nothing would ever get initiated.

Nevertheless, I'm glad you are around and have been able to step into Jack's shoes. Thank you!

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Sun, Sep 21 2014 12:24 PM

Konrad and myself got a half against Wes and Fred.  We started very strong, going 2 up after 4 holes thanks to a brilliant birdie on #4 from Konrad.  After 6 holes we were 3 up and guaranteed a tie.

Then the dynamic due staged a great come back, taking the last 3 holes to earn a half point.

Obviously a bit of a let down but given the great spirit in which the game was played a half seems like a nice result.

Very well played everyone and thanks for the game, it was a blast.

Next time I promise to bring some wine Fred.

• Wesdogg75
    2,431 Posts
    Sun, Sep 21 2014 12:30 PM

Great match guys, Konrad and Mainz jumped on us early, both making clutch putts and shots when needed, it looked bleak for Fred and I down 3 with 3 holes to go, somehow we were able to rally and pull out a halve.

The scores really aren't indicitive of the play during the game. You guys were a pleasure to play with and were truely goodsportsman......I agree that it may be fitting that the result was a halve

Wes

RSS