Forums

Help › Forums

Re: UEL Ryder Cup @ Pinehurst: Sep20-Oct13

Fri, Oct 17 2014 4:57 PM (366 replies)
  • Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Fri, Sep 19 2014 4:31 PM

Excellent! Thanks for the update Ben and Rock.

Looks like we just need to hear from Dazza regarding Match E and we'll be all set for a busy next 3 days!

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Sat, Sep 20 2014 5:12 AM

FYI: there is still no response to repeated PMs to Dazza...

... so just to let other participants in Match E know that I've given Dazza till noon today (WGT time) to let us know, and will sub in an alternate if we don't hear back.

Jack, Rock, Icon: you should still plan on holding that same time free for the match: 

Sunday 9/21 at 7pm UTC (noon WGT time) which is 8pm for Jack and Darren, and 3pm for Rock and Icon.

Thanks!

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Sat, Sep 20 2014 6:22 AM

GUIDELINES in the event of interrupted matches, disconnects, no-shows, etc. 

For the last UEL Ryder Cup Russ and I came up with these guidelines we can follow if we hit scheduling difficulties. I thought it worth reposting them now, as we head into the start of the event.

(Note: there is a link to this post on the opening page of the thread for easy finding later on if needed. All important information for the event will be referenced on the first page.)

Firstly, here's the suggested process to follow in the event, in any of the four-player matches, of a no-show:

"On the no show issue with no warning message that they cant make it, then if 3 players are ready to play, the group should wait a minimum of 10 minutes for the missing player to show up. If still no show, then the player with the missing partner (Team A) tries the alternates (in their signup order) [Alternates are listed at the bottom of the Matches Sheets]. If an alternate from Team A is not immediately available, then the opposing teammates (Team B) can try to find anyone on the Team A roster to jump in to immediately play. If the 2 teammates from Team B would rather postpone, then it is their choice.

At least that way the team with a no-show can't select a "ringer" to play with.

This is only to be used as a back-up plan to allow the possibility of the match to be played since 3 out of 4 players are already there."

Here are additional guidelines to follow for interruptions, disconnects, etc.

Interruptions:

If a match gets interrupted for whatever reason, and it is not possible to finish the match with it returning to the same place in the round (in practice mode this may not happen), then the following applies: If you have finished 3 holes or less, then get back to the point of the last completed hole, still counting the scores for those holes as played the first time through. And finish through the whole 9. (e.g. you completed 2 holes before the interruption, and Team A were 2 UP; you play yourself back to the 3rd, not counting the scores on holes 1-2, and resume the match on the 3rd with Team A 2 UP, and play through to the end of the 9.)

If time factors do not allow one player to manage this option, please negotiate that amongst yourselves and choose the 2nd option (see next paragraph below).

If you have completed 4 holes or more already, then count all of the holes from the resumption as contested holes but only play as many as you need to finish the 9. (e.g. you finished 5 holes first time through, you count the results of those 5 holes, and also count the replayed holes 1-4 to get a total of 9).

Disconnects:

If someone gets booted after multiple disconnects, and it's no better when they try and rejoin, then the first step is to adjourn till the 'rain day' (if you've chosen a schedule that allows a backup)

No-shows with advance warning: In addition to the guidelines above for a no-show with no warning, here's what to do if you do get warning. Firstly, arrange to try again on the backup day (assuming you've scheduled with another weekday or weekend day available). If it happens on the second attempt as well (or if it's apparent that scheduling can't work), then you should attempt to schedule or find an alternate (using their signup order) as per the method in the guidelines above. If that is still not successful, further attempts to schedule the match will be allowed up to one week thereafter, but with the team at fault taking a 1-hole penalty into the match. If not completed by one week, then that match is forfeited by the team at fault (or halved if the fault is split).

-----------------------------------

Note the importance of taking screengrabs after every hole, as a safeguard against disconnects etc.

It is my hope that we don't have to resort to any of these guidelines, but that depends on good clear communication and scheduling, and a willingness from all players to stick with their commitments. Thank you!

• petethepup
    204 Posts
    Sat, Sep 20 2014 6:40 AM

Hi all, will there be a link for a chat room during these 4 ball matches ? Thank you in advance, good luck , GO USA.

• fredsf
    1,460 Posts
    Sat, Sep 20 2014 6:57 AM

The music gets loud now, we can hear here and there the crowd singing and some "USA USA USA!" or ROW ROW ROOOOOWLING!" all over the place.

This is THE week end all the players have been waiting for ever! Let's the battle begin and the fun getting our minds!!!

Thank you Corwyn and both captains for giving us the opportunity to play such a great event. You all qualified to be here and you all deserve to be part of your respective team. I'm sure all of us will give our best here to bring a point to the team. And this would give us some great plays to watch! I'm also sure all of us will enjoy playing all together.

Congrats and good luck to everyone, both sides.

GoooOOOO! uuuuuUUUSA!

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Sat, Sep 20 2014 9:57 AM

Great stuff Fred!

This is the moment where someone with the right technical skills should excerpt that fabulous opening to day 2 of the 2012 Ryder Cup with Bubba and Poults egging on the crowd...

The first match is about to head out to the tee, appropriately enough led out by the captains.

Good luck to both teams!

• mmyers0
    478 Posts
    Sat, Sep 20 2014 9:58 AM

Here we go!

• mmyers0
    478 Posts
    Sat, Sep 20 2014 10:13 AM

(running log goes here)

Hole 1 is halved with birdies. Corwyn sinks a pressure-packed 4.7-footer after both Americans sink birdies and stevereilly misses from 10.

Hole 2: After the other three approaches roll off the green, ColumbusStorm sticks his to 6 feet and converts the birdie. US is 1 up.

Hole 3: both Americans have tap-in birdies. Corwyn sinks a 10-footer which ends up being significant as stevereilly leaves his 5-footer on the edge of the cup. US 1 up.

Hole 4: From the blue tees, this hole is reachable. Corwyn hits the bunker, ColumbusStorm is on the front edge, stevereilly is 20 feet above the hole, and I hit the best approach I've ever hit, leaving inside 7 feet for birdie. I birdie and the other three miss short par putts. US is now 2 up.

Hole 5: Also reachable with a somewhat helping wind. Corwyn lays back on his drive to leave himself a full 3 wood approach, which he sticks to 10 feet. After stevereilly is metered and missed the green, both Americans two-putt for birdie. But Corwyn's eagle putt slides just by the left side, and the hole is halved. US 2 up.

Hole 6: Not much happens. No one hits it close and everyone makes par (except stevereilly, who once again leaves it on the edge). US 2 up with 3 to play.

Hole 7: Everyone is on with reasonable birdie chances. ColumbusStorm and stevereilly miss theirs, leaving Corwyn with a 12-footer he needs to make to keep my 7-footer from being the match clincher. His putt somehow manages to make a sharp turn and miss the edge. I knock mine in and the match is over.

US WINS 3&2!

• PringleCraig
    609 Posts
    Sat, Sep 20 2014 12:03 PM

mmyers0:

US WINS 3&2!

Shot !

• ColumbusStorm
    3,417 Posts
    Sat, Sep 20 2014 12:09 PM

Team of mmyers0 and ColumbusStorm start the tournament with a point for the USA Team.

RSS