Forums

Help › Forums

My Wish list

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jun 12 2009 1:51 PM (21 replies)
  • ChristopherRouss
    133 Posts
    Thu, Jun 11 2009 12:11 PM

New Balls?  what will that do?  Will they have better bounce off the tee or something?  Will that provide us with better spin?  There is an option I wish we could spin the ball more....  like sideways sometimes or something.   I do agree with the others that more club choices would be nice, including drivers over 250 yards.  And how much would new balls cost?  Well have a good day

• shark23
    10 Posts
    Thu, Jun 11 2009 3:37 PM

Ya, Nike is good but the Best... I don't think so. You obviously forgot about Callaway, TaylorMade, and Titelist. Ya Tiger is great but he does have a Titelist putter. So Nike is not the best and shouldn't be the best in this game.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Thu, Jun 11 2009 3:53 PM

I think I have to agree here.. Just because Nike sponsors Eldrick it does not make them 'the best'.  He could probably still kick butt on 99.5% of the population with my kids' KMart clubs.

Remember, golf is a money making venture... He plays Nike cuz they make them the way HE wants them, which would be completely useless for everyone else.. and they pay him the most.

Have you seen Eldrick's houses?  Sponsor money, baby.. all sponsor money.

• Decarz2
    24 Posts
    Thu, Jun 11 2009 9:36 PM

i dont care what you guys say. Nike is trhe best. Consistantly in every sport. Just because Nike pays Tiger money doesnt mean he'll play there clubs. Callaway is just ok, but not great. Taylormade is only a good driver company. titelist offered tiger more money than NIKE. He had custome made clubs from them 2. Nike was just flat out better.     

NIKE IS THE BEST

Decarz2

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Thu, Jun 11 2009 11:21 PM

If that were the case, then everyone on the PGA Tour would be playing Nike.

Clearly they don't, so clearly Nike isn't.

Same with everything they make...  they clearly are not the best or the professionals, whose job it is to make MILLIONS of dollars, would be using their gear.

Nike has passable equipment, but is better at marketing which is why you think they are the best.  The pros know.

• Decarz2
    24 Posts
    Fri, Jun 12 2009 4:58 AM

Dude people dont play nike clubs on tour because Nike doesnt let them. And because thery're not good enough to get a nike sponsorship.

Decarz2

• Decarz2
    24 Posts
    Fri, Jun 12 2009 4:59 AM

On another note WGTalex , will you guys try to get some nike clubs. Thery are the best out there.

Decarz2

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Fri, Jun 12 2009 10:12 AM

Do you just say stuff at random without fact checking? 

Anyone can play any clubs at any time, regardless of sponsorship.  Nike has no control over what clubs people use, nor are they able to stop anyone from using their clubs should they want to.

Nike is a good brand considering they haven't been on the market as long, but they are no better than any of the other major manufacturers.    The only reason Tiger plays Nike is because they paid him the big bucks (40 million was the original endorsement deal back in 1996, probably upwards of 100 million today).  He's also under contract.

Also, when you consider how deep the Woods-Nike relationship is and the fact that Nike is plastered all over his own game, I doubt they would even be interested.  They have all the endorsements they need right now.

• Kaslo
    428 Posts
    Fri, Jun 12 2009 11:11 AM

LOL this was MY wish list. I never mentioned Nike or any other brand. I think as WGT has already stated. If you want equipment then write NIKE and get them to Sponser their clubs. WGT doesn't do this for free. I am quite sure WGT will endore any equipment they are paid to.

Now!!!! Quit High Jacking my thread. I for one got or am getting everything I asked for. :)
    LOL

Kas

• shark23
    10 Posts
    Fri, Jun 12 2009 11:47 AM

Stop saying stuff Decarz before you get the facts straight. I don't think NIKE is terrible. I'm just saying they aren't the best. I play Callaway, Cobra, Titelist, TaylorMade, and Odyssey. Ya I don't play NIKE because other companies have better clubs than NIKE. Deal With It and enough out of you.

NIKE might not want their clubs on WGT because they already have TW games. If you want it so bad stop talking and write to NIKE like Kaslo said.

RSS