Help › Forums

Cheatings

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jun 12 2009 10:24 AM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Stagehand
    63 Posts
    Sun, Jun 7 2009 8:53 PM

I am still a hack and amuture, I clicked on the leaders game,  I think 6 birds in a row was his/her record, I know there are Master players out there. It gives me somthing to shoot for.

• SWDE
    21 Posts
    Mon, Jun 8 2009 6:16 AM

Yes it is tough to play well on this course; most likely their advantages are;

1. Fast to very fast DSL connection.

2. Their processors easily meet or exceed the system requirements. (not like mine low dsl sped and low

memory of only 512mb).

3. See below

many of the US Open leaders have also posted most of the very low scores on closest to the pin as well

( very early), with an average distance to the pin between 5+ and 6+ feet.

This tells me its just like real golf 75% of your game is the short game &

it seems to me that they have honed their short game skills (150 yards and less)

to the mm so they have many tap in pars and birdies. (drive for show / putt, pitch and chip for dough!)

The good news is when you/we are fortunate enough to play a round with one of the better players

I am 100% for sure they won't quit on you like 12 of the last 15 that I played with!!

SWDE

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Mon, Jun 8 2009 1:15 PM

The answer is very very simple... and can be explained fully if you only look at Tibbets 62 card posted on his profile and in these forums.

18 putts.  Period. 

1-putts...  16

2-putts...   1

and a hole out.

That, ladies and gentlemen, is how you shoot the lowest scores possible.

• ToughCool
    70 Posts
    Wed, Jun 10 2009 7:04 AM

I don't think the top people do it..they are just good and accurate. Holes can be birdied..but many can easily be bogied with a miss by inches on each hole. I do think as you play you learn which side of the hole certain breaks and speeds are and that helps. So if there is a thing that can make perfect swings this would be key on putts. I know I'm just outside the cut..72...and it seems I give away 4-5 of these by a hair misses a game.

• gonzo52
    6 Posts
    Fri, Jun 12 2009 8:28 AM

Having played a number of rounds since my original post I would say 95+% of my misses are due to missing the swing meter so I would say any  "cheat" which would allow for 100% accuracy would certainly allow me to shoot in the low 60`s. My accuracy on swing meter timing is only 50-80% due to a combination of  age & sometimes jerky meter.

• Prechin
    2 Posts
    Fri, Jun 12 2009 10:24 AM

I've played a few online games in recent years and a few things I've learned:

1.) There are cheaters

2.) Many claim they dont' cheat and never would(but still do)

3.) For those of us who do play clean thats all you can control.

4.) Don't get caught up in what others doing, if you do then you end up like all those real players lookin at Tiger, then lose.

5.) Compete with yourself. Its the reason why I play golf now anyway. If you happen to get that top place notched, even better~

Have fun!

• PAGES
RSS