Help › Forums

Cheatings

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jun 12 2009 10:24 AM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • gonzo52
    6 Posts
    Fri, Jun 5 2009 12:59 PM

Just a thought on those who may be using the software or other cheating devices I have seen discussed in previous posts. As it appears WGT is unable to detect these devices the easiest way to attempt to level the playing field would be to randomly draw winners names from those who qualify for the final round. 

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Fri, Jun 5 2009 1:07 PM

I like how this 'auto-clicker' thing has become the wave of paranoia here recently. :-/

There are easy ways to find out if someone is doing this.  Stats don't lie.   It's not the huge site-downing problem that some would care to believe it is.

Besides,  clicking the meter is the easy part and it's only 1/4 of the battle.  You still have to pick the clubs, aim the shots and read the greens.

*edit* Also, due to variances, a player that clicks correctly 100% of the time is no better off than a player who clicks it 90% of the time.  Deviations will take the ball where it wants to go, no matter what.  Mis-clicking often accidentally corrects deviations, so that's an actual disadvantage to using an auto-clicker.

• ShawnVanPar
    46 Posts
    Fri, Jun 5 2009 2:28 PM

Interesting...that explains the low 60s at bethpage...I'd bet real money the top 5 scores there are cheaters.

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Fri, Jun 5 2009 2:30 PM

Great, how much you want to bet?  I'm always looking for donations ;)

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Fri, Jun 5 2009 2:50 PM

ShawnVanPar:
    that explains the low 60s at bethpage...I'd bet real money the top 5 scores there are cheaters.

/sarcasm

Fixed that for you :)

• Hateraid
    21 Posts
    Fri, Jun 5 2009 3:25 PM

Seems awfully hard to shoot 64, especially since you can't hit some fairways. There are barely enough birdie ops for those scores. Tibbets plays and lot and must just get very lucky. 

• MElli22631
    32 Posts
    Fri, Jun 5 2009 3:36 PM

I think lower than a 64 is possible - though you have to make every chance you get and have some luck with the wind. I've been as much as -5 during a round on the front 9. So you don't need to cheat. I think Tibbets and AvatarLee just don't make mistakes that often.

• iconian
    599 Posts
    Fri, Jun 5 2009 4:20 PM

there are 2 things that will decide scoring (difference between 67-68 and 63-64

i dont even mean scrambling, i mean simple course setup

1. how wind is: espetically when hole

#7 has a side wind then your 3rd shot is VERY long and moves 15 ft so very hard to get inside 10ft for realistic chance for par

#9  when it plays with head wind, it requires precise teeshot, not just hitting the fairway but specific side of it

#11 with tail wind, you can reach it and perhaps birdie it

#13 any kind of non tail with will require same type of drive as #9, specific spot on fairway

with good luck, you can go -1 on those 4holes instead of +2 or higher.

and that doesnt mean much considering you have to hit precise shots to putt for par on 5, 10, 12, 16

i have had as many as 5 birdies in a round but my problem was always those 8 holes is where i lose 3 shots easily

birdie holes are 1,4.8,13,14,  so take advantage of them.

rarely i can birdie 2,3,6,11,17 but thats like every 10 tries:)

1,644 Posts
    Sat, Jun 6 2009 6:46 AM

Got a donation for me too Shawn?

• xcaliburone
    38 Posts
    Sat, Jun 6 2009 7:36 AM

maybe not the right thread, but the heading is "cheatings"

i just witnessed an alleged multi account user. joined a group at BPB, individual was 150 hack, member 6/4/09, no stats.

#10-holes out 24yd chip for par

#11-3rd shot sticks green 9.7ft-par

#12-lands T shot 178yds away (from red tees) lands on green 9ft-birdie

#13-in rh rough by trees off T advances ball 150yds for a wedge to green

i chat to him to ask how he's learned to play so well so quickly

he disconnects WTF?

• PAGES
RSS