Starting a Country Club

rated by 0 users
Fri, Nov 17 2023 9:15 AM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • readtornot
    1,014 Posts
    Sat, May 31 2014 6:33 PM

Well hello there  Everything Else ,

Can I get information from W.G.T. directly about the requirements for taking that final step within W.G.T.  by  starting my own Country Club  on this forum on this page ...

This matter is something I have considered every now and again , particularly as an introduction for new player / members just starting out and a bit jittery about requesting membership with a long established Club which already is loaded with an upper tiered membership ... My thoughts being , to move the membership on up to Tout Pro or Master Tier Ranks before they graduate to a large established Club ... I know that the Country Club can be an intimidating factor to the new player and up 90% drop out of some clubs .. I have sponsored over 100 Club Tournaments , some very unique , and have written a  thousand letters to my current clubs membership  , and being a new Legend - I think I am ready  and with all factors considered believe myself qualified to manage and explain the rules and courtesies within club forums , club tournament participation ,and probably answer most questions of those joining my Club , should I decide to take this final step .. 

Sincerely , readtornot

• Beryman
    9,084 Posts
    Sun, Jun 1 2014 1:22 PM

sure why not??

• commonguymd
    303 Posts
    Sun, Jun 1 2014 1:35 PM

I wouldn't want it.  For better men and women than I.  I think it could be like herding cats and managing a bunch of deadbeats.  I see most club tourneys I click on in every group go well underplayed.  I see the bickering spilling into these forums.  I will say this, if ONE person individually wrote me a 1000 letters as a country club manager I would be trying every systematic way to get them committed to a mental institution.   Or blocked.  I would be annoyed beyond annoyed.  But that's why I won't be a country club owner - ever.

Anyway, sounds like you're applying for a job.  Good luck to you.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Sun, Jun 1 2014 9:40 PM
    It can be rewarding and frustrating in equal amounts. People apply to join then disappear for 2 months then quit without a word. Others friend nobody, play in no club tournaments, fail to use your forum then leave claiming that there is nothing to do. A good club owner needs to give lots of time each day to keep things running smoothly and to be very, very patient.
  • readtornot
    1,014 Posts
    Mon, Jun 2 2014 7:43 AM

Hello commonguymd ,

I  should think Comedians would be a welcomed addition to any Club , though the sardonic wit is often socially insensitive ,  no one member is a total loss , they can always serve as bad a bad example - temporarily , but nice try. 

readtornot

• readtornot
    1,014 Posts
    Mon, Jun 2 2014 8:18 AM

Good Morning Courteneyfish of the ISLE of MAN

Once again you've spotlighted a helpful reply - pertaining to problems , dilemma’s and delinquencies of the poorly managed Club , as has commonguymd . 2ice now I've been told DON'T GO THERE ! ...  Actually , the requirements needed for a Club opening would be what I'm trolling for today ...

readtornot

• WillieSinkit
    1,738 Posts
    Wed, Jun 4 2014 6:55 AM

Click below for some guidelines and a tutorial regarding starting your own Country Club:-

http://www.wgt.com/news/archive/2010/05/05/country-clubs-feature-introduction-and-tutorial.aspx

Good luck with it.

WillieSinkit

• readtornot
    1,014 Posts
    Wed, Jun 4 2014 6:21 PM

WillieSinkit:

Click below for some guidelines and a tutorial regarding starting your own Country Club:-

http://www.wgt.com/news/archive/2010/05/05/country-clubs-feature-introduction-and-tutorial.aspx

Good luck with it.

WillieSinkit

This reply from WillieSinkit is ((  spot   on  ))  Here one can read every instructional detail of how to go about ... Starting your own Country Club within The W.G.T. as new  Owner ... However it is not a live wire connected directly to W.G.T. Headquarters as I soon learned after pointing and clicking on the offer to Start a Country Club , should I choose to ..... Yet a really top notch explanation of almost everything involved in taking that step ...

Only one issue confused me .. Scrolling down 3 times on the mouse wheel , It reads .. enter club name .... and just beneath that  the next sentence reads ... For a minimum of 50 credits The W.G.T. will supply you with a Country Club of 15 members and a Forum .. This is what I found confusing , because in another area of instruction  the new owner is given instructions about obtaining members in various other ways ...... Perhaps - for 50 credits , the new applicant Owner is limited to a small club of 15 members only - , and not  a pre packaged deal complete with 15 members .... ergo , a larger membership cost more than 50 credits , fine by me ... 

Lastly , after searching though 9 additional pages of the 91 pages of club news - I failed to locate the live application for -- Start Your Own Country Club --

thank you WillieSinkit .

Sincerely , readtornot

• readtornot
    1,014 Posts
    Sun, Jun 15 2014 5:16 PM

IN CONCLUSION ,

I did hear from The World Golf Tour about this matter ... interestingly after starting / not changing an additional e or g mail address on my computer .... For some time I have not been able to get through  to the W.G.T. with questions or responses other than receiving notifications as a result of my tournament offered prizes , gifts , purchases of equipment etc .

After starting a 2ND  additional  mail account with a differing name , g mail , and password , and again through Google once more , I again wrote to The W.G.T. ... and received a very polite and direct answer

Dear readtornot , ( paraphrasing ) In order to qualify or  to be eligible to own or purchase a new COUNTRY CLUB you must first quit the Country Club you now belong to ... Thereafter we will direct you to the live application ( upon your request )  for those interested in starting their own Country Club .... Thank You .

Additionally I presume The W.G.T. also knows I have been a member for nearly 2 years. There you have it ... Totally explained . My gratitude to all contributors .

Regards , readtornot ( Read )

• WillieSinkit
    1,738 Posts
    Fri, Jun 20 2014 1:12 PM

Yup, it's all explained pretty thoroughly in the HELP AND FAQ's area here:-

http://www.wgt.com/help.aspx#cc

eg:-

"How many clubs can I belong to at once?"

"You can be a member of only one club at a time."

lol

WillieSinkit

• PAGES