Help › Forums

Tier progression

Mon, Jan 9 2023 3:50 PM (175 replies)
  • Connorjwebb123
    421 Posts
    Wed, May 19 2021 12:28 PM
    Mythanatos:

StoolMcBowel:
    In the "coin" or "apparel" games, WGT pays attention to your potential driver length and tries to match you with someone of similar length.  I've tested this by changing SE hats (I have three, upgraded to various % length improvement.)  

You are most definitely wrong.

Casablanca gets a lot of higher tiers during showdowns. Me included. I played multiple lower tiered  people that i was out driving by 20-50 yards. 

Yea my ts3 sometimes states 294 if my opponent had no SE hat on. Still plays as 312 though. Same with iron/3wd distance.
  • Tabarnak777
    168 Posts
    Wed, May 19 2021 6:33 PM

Connorjwebb123:
    Mythanatos:

StoolMcBowel:
    In the "coin" or "apparel" games, WGT pays attention to your potential driver length and tries to match you with someone of similar length.  I've tested this by changing SE hats (I have three, upgraded to various % length improvement.)  

You are most definitely wrong.

Casablanca gets a lot of higher tiers during showdowns. Me included. I played multiple lower tiered  people that i was out driving by 20-50 yards. 

Yea my ts3 sometimes states 294 if my opponent had no SE hat on. Still plays as 312 though. Same with iron/3wd distance.

Might be different for showdowns. You don't want to wait half an hour from WGT just to be matched with a player with same strength.

• Randy6813
    19 Posts
    Mon, May 31 2021 1:06 PM

so what your saying is, I'm at 75 avg and a master, if i hit 63 or lower i go to tour master right, i have 376 ranked rounds , so 63 and higher i stay at master correct ?  

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Mon, May 31 2021 5:55 PM

Randy6813:
    so what your saying is, I'm at 75 avg and a master, if i hit 63 or lower i go to tour master right, i have 376 ranked rounds , so 63 and higher i stay at master correct ? 

Incorrect - imprecise and uncomplete conditions.

From what we know, you'd have to

- stay above 63.00 average, including that you never(!) play a score below 63,
    (learn about the non-linear effect of "saturation")
    AND
    - play mostly strokeplay and not too many "mobile" games, whichever number might be relevant for this condition.

Still, some unknown algorithm may take you to Tour Master...

TM ain't no big change though, same teeboxes, different green speed!

• wbrooh1946
    4 Posts
    Thu, Jun 10 2021 5:19 AM

Hello Alosso,

I have the same replies about moving up tiers.

The telling reply you got is "some unknown algorithm MAY take you to Tour Master.

Unlike playing the real game, to work our socks off to lower the handicap, it does not appear to be like that on a miserable WGT format.

No-one explains in honest terms as to how improve our standind !!!

I play "Legends" with an Av score of 150...??? HOW ?

Good luck for your advancement.....let me know if it happens...and how?

Ian Ferguson.

• AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Thu, Jun 10 2021 11:19 AM

wbrooh1946:

It means they only played and won a lot of coin games and reached a certain level and got tiered up without playing any stroke play ranked rounds. But tiering up that way ends in legend tiet... 

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Fri, Jun 11 2021 9:38 AM

AnaNikolaj:
    tiering up that way ends in legend

you might double check that.  I have read posts and seen examples getting promoted beyond Legend based more so on coin room play due to insufficient RR requirement being met.

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Fri, Jun 11 2021 12:10 PM

wbrooh1946:
    The telling reply you got is "some unknown algorithm MAY take you to Tour Master.
    I'd not mark "may" but "unknown". I only wrote "may" because I can't tell what will get your tiers advancing.

wbrooh1946:
    Unlike playing the real game, to work our socks off to lower the handicap, it does not appear to be like that on a miserable WGT format.

No-one explains in honest terms as to how improve our standind !!!

We do, as far as we know!

WGT, OTOH, does everything to keep it secret. They have revealed only in small parts the algorithms, in order to avoid attention to the grind involved in any advancement. Enormous XP gaps above L89, enormous round numbers from Legend on, and imagine the grind to tier up by levels with H2H XPs... THAT's "working your socks off"!!

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Fri, Jun 11 2021 12:39 PM

AnaNikolaj:

wbrooh1946:

It means they only played and won a lot of coin games and reached a certain level and got tiered up without playing any stroke play ranked rounds. But tiering up that way ends in legend tiet... 

you are  wrong. 

• AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Fri, Jun 11 2021 2:16 PM

el3n1:

AnaNikolaj:
    tiering up that way ends in legend

you might double check that.  I have read posts and seen examples getting promoted beyond Legend based more so on coin room play due to insufficient RR requirement being met.

Cool, thanks for offering an explanation, unlike the other player (probably still sore from me wanting to fire his 10y old nephew's teacher...). Never saw the point in playing coin rooms, so I assumed it was like tiering up from MP wins, which stopped at legend.

But I did see some players in the past get promoted by a few tiers over night due to being discovered as restarters playing for credits, before they reached their previous tiers. Most, if not all, got banned within a month after that, but that's a different subject. 

RSS