Forums

Help › Forums

How to hit it further?

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jul 5 2009 5:52 AM (39 replies)
  • Turkish4211
    2 Posts
    Wed, Jun 3 2009 1:42 PM

How do you get longer in this game. just started playing and perfect drives just go about 230. do you have to buy new clubs or just keep playing to increase skill?

Thanks

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, Jun 3 2009 2:03 PM

you can buy the best driver available.. but only get 240.  And that's for every tier.

and the new driver is MUCH less forgiving, so you end up in the weeds, a lot.

My suggestion.. play a hundred rounds or so with the starters and then take a look at your options.

Cheers

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Wed, Jun 3 2009 2:04 PM

One little tip i have is to use the Spin Meter (the ball to the right with the green dot in center) and add overspin on your drives.  Other that that i'd love to hear from others on their secrets of length off the tee... other than new clubs.  Thanks.

• Thetruth67
    158 Posts
    Wed, Jun 3 2009 3:04 PM

Give your mouse a rub down with "The Clear" and inject your clicking finger with HGH.  

• ShawnVanPar
    46 Posts
    Fri, Jun 5 2009 2:35 PM

I inject mine with dynabol....and work on my gripper all the time...you really need to crush that clicker...I drove the green on number 18 at bethpage...of course I destroyed my mouse with that hammer I hit it with...but it was worth it.

• Champagne60
    1 Posts
    Fri, Jun 5 2009 8:40 PM

I just graduated to the pro tier and i cannot hit GIR on some holes. How do i get an extra 20 to 30 yards on my drive. Its not very realistic to not be able to get GIR on every hole if you hit it right.

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Sat, Jun 6 2009 1:10 AM

Hi All,

Upgrading your clubs does make a difference, however you need to practice with them.

My suggestion - invest $7.00 in the r9 driver - dont worry about any other clubs right now. You'll need to practice with this club as the swing meter is a little faster.

Also as a previous post suggested - try variations on backsin and topspin with your shots - depending where the winds coming from. That will gain you more distance.

On some holes all you need is an extra few yards - even 5 or 10 will make a massive difference, and shave a few shots off your round.

So - dont believe all the negative comments about wasting money on new clubs, or all this rubbish about getting ripped off. They are incorrect. Well worth buying the r9 driver - trust me.  (Lets get real here - WGT are in the business of making money)

I am no Master , just Pro average 75 (BB taking its toll) - but I can tell you, the better clubs make a difference.

But - you'll need to practice.

Oh yeh - hitting greens in regulation is not realistic, not on BB anyway. If everybody reached all greens in regulation it would be all to easy. So - cant reach par 4's in 2 - lay up and put your third shot in close for a single putt. Then move on. The very top players are single putting about 14 greens in a round, maybe more - so, dont worry about GIR.

Cheers Doug

• McBogey
    1 Posts
    Mon, Jun 8 2009 11:01 AM

average male hits hit over 250 yards, I just started playing this game and cant reach many of the fairways at Bethpage, great job developers, that`ll keep them coming back!

• WaterTrap
    95 Posts
    Mon, Jun 8 2009 12:29 PM

Whereever you got your stats that say average male hits over 250, check again.

A GOOD drive for the average male is 220 or 230

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Mon, Jun 8 2009 12:42 PM

And... it's way left or way right.  In the weeds or in the trees.

Though, to live up to our "Pro" or "Master" status here at WGT it would be nice to get a little more distance off the tee.  And I understand WGT is working on that.

RSS