Forums

Help › Forums

Upcoming Changes...and Thank You!

Fri, Feb 11 2011 2:20 AM (215 replies)
  • mupika
    1 Posts
    Tue, Jan 25 2011 3:08 AM

Hello,

I want ask about people who start game and after one or few bad shot quit - quitters. My question is: are you thinking about penalty for quitters? Usually to do players with good avg score and with that keep good avg. My proposal for penalty is +1,00 avg score for one quit

best regards

Siniša Perić

• jbenny11
    863 Posts
    Tue, Jan 25 2011 6:15 AM

Well, if I sucked on ALL four courses I would probably just keep my mouth shut. Bad news for all who want to shoot -18 like on Tiger Woods Online, the next course coming out is Congressional. From what I know about this course, you might want to play Oakmont a little more. Congressional is gonna be a BEAST. One post and a horrible one at that. JB

• puttersman
    240 Posts
    Tue, Jan 25 2011 6:22 AM

Why not try fixing the real problems such as getting disconnected 50-60% of time we play or not being able to start games at all. This happens so often I can't tell you. How many times I play with family members and one of us isn't able to connect or add the others or they don't simply set up when there is not reason not to , so we try to get another member to try and start the game. Still no go.  We have had so much trouble with the Alternate shot games it is getting to be a frigging joke. I am so disappointed we all may guit. We spent almost an hour trying to get a game of alternate shot started. I play this game every stinking day , sometimes several times a day, as I am disabled, and unable to do much else.  I have played in about 7 Alternate shot games with family and we have had been disconnected I think 5 times. With no ability to reconnect. At one point my team was up by 2, but the game was awarded to our opponent. This is what needs to be fixed. !!!!  Not weather you can sell more balls, or provide better clubs. For crying out loud. Get these bugs fixed. When I or my family member try to hook up for a game all we want , is for it to work, is that too much to ask. 

Ticked right off.

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Tue, Jan 25 2011 5:49 PM

WGT has announce an update is pending this week.   Check out the news.  Wow, sounds great!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Jan 26 2011 4:39 AM

Not much fanfare. If you hadn't have pointed it out I would have missed it tagged on the end of the award announcement. Tx.  :-)

"......
    Thanks to everyone for playing over the weekend. We’ve got a release coming this week with some nice surprises for you all. 

WGT"

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Wed, Jan 26 2011 5:53 AM

YankeeJim:
    some nice surprises

In WGT land that sounds like a course?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Jan 26 2011 6:42 AM

zagraniczniak:

No way. With Congressional coming up it's too far away from the Open to be releasing it. Give some of these guys 4 months on a course and they'll own it and really mess up the Open qualifying.  :-D

• jbenny11
    863 Posts
    Wed, Jan 26 2011 7:12 AM

Bump^^^^^^^^^^^

• Kaloke
    232 Posts
    Wed, Jan 26 2011 9:34 AM

puttersman:

Why not try fixing the real problems such as getting disconnected 50-60% of time we play or not being able to start games at all. This happens so often I can't tell you. How many times I play with family members and one of us isn't able to connect or add the others or they don't simply set up when there is not reason not to , so we try to get another member to try and start the game. Still no go.  We have had so much trouble with the Alternate shot games it is getting to be a frigging joke. I am so disappointed we all may guit. We spent almost an hour trying to get a game of alternate shot started. I play this game every stinking day , sometimes several times a day, as I am disabled, and unable to do much else.  I have played in about 7 Alternate shot games with family and we have had been disconnected I think 5 times. With no ability to reconnect. At one point my team was up by 2, but the game was awarded to our opponent. This is what needs to be fixed. !!!!  Not weather you can sell more balls, or provide better clubs. For crying out loud. Get these bugs fixed. When I or my family member try to hook up for a game all we want , is for it to work, is that too much to ask. 

Ticked right off.

I have never been disconnected. Have never had a problem with anything in this game except the meter issues, which only happens once in a while to me. The only problem I seem to have in when I am playing a tournament, I usually can't seem to putt those 3 footers and end up having the worst game. Other than the cheaters that have only 1-3 ranked games and average of 150 and play challenge matches and birdie 6 out of the 9 holes. :( Think you need to upgrade your internet or get a new computer.

• borntobesting
    9,632 Posts
    Wed, Jan 26 2011 9:57 AM

YankeeJim:

zagraniczniak:

No way. With Congressional coming up it's too far away from the Open to be releasing it. Give some of these guys 4 months on a course and they'll own it and really mess up the Open qualifying.  :-D

Not the closest to the hole portion. But it was just about this time last year when we got thr front side of St.Andrews. And we have heard nothing about from WGT about the R&A course this year so maybe just maybe thats' the surprise. But also with all the talk about Augusta only 1 person has been usually quiet about it. Icon. Icon has said nothing about Augusta. We can dream can't we. And with so many people requesting Full stroke play on Celtic Manor. 

Another thought crossed my mind at work last night after reading the news on my phone. With all the requests for a true legend driver I can see them bringing out a 285-290 yard G10 legend only driver. But only WGT knows for sure. 

RSS