Forums

Help › Forums

Upcoming Changes...and Thank You!

Fri, Feb 11 2011 2:20 AM (215 replies)
  • 6packmike
    235 Posts
    Fri, Sep 24 2010 12:58 PM

I don't think the new ball will be to unreasonable in price. At least give them the respect of waiting to see what comes out before complaining. As wgt has learned before, putting too many attributes in to a product can cause real problems. I could  see a Legend 3D2S but adding feel to that would take away the challenge that I also think should be present.

The message coming with the level advancing is a good idea and I'd like to add a few messages. I think there is more frustration from quitters than just from the standpoint that they are sandbagging. When you are playing golf for real a lot of the fun comes from seeing multiple players shoot and not often do you get a guy getting a cell phone call that causes him to give up his forty dollar green fee and change the pace of the game for everyone else. Yet the games with, there has been a problem with the game and you need to close the window, can come with the message, "The game has been rained out. No penalty." My message to the quitter would be "You have quit the game this is your first and final warning. Any further rounds quit will subject you to a loss in level."

• nickuk
    967 Posts
    Fri, Sep 24 2010 1:02 PM

WGTSky:
    new ball for Legends who are level 30 and above

i hope this ball is open to all?(reasonably priced...due to the fact your gonna lose a few...unless your a legend!!!!) as is the case now.....and very hard to hit! (no GI business)

maybe, you could call it the gx dds!

• Sargenjd01
    366 Posts
    Fri, Sep 24 2010 1:17 PM

how about an ETA?

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Fri, Sep 24 2010 1:31 PM

Mix up the tee boxes for the Legend Tier and make it fun.  That is a key ingredient.  For example the Front 9 at KiW

For example a randow RG at KiW F9 might look like this.

1. Use the Championship Tees
    2. Pro Tess
    3. Back Tees
    4. Red Tees
    5. Pro Tees
    6. Championship Tees
    7. Champ Tees
    8. Pro Tees
    9. Back Tees

The Key is don't make the round routine, have 30% challenging holes, 30% easy holes, 40% normal holes in one round of 18.  If they have new pins for KiW then they should use them.

Without sounding stupid,  I believe a combination of various factors need to be employed.  I don't think hitting 320 yards off the tee is going to solve many problems. But having different tee boxes, with irons that have similar distances, more carry for the longer irons, that stop faster with a high trajectory will allow better course management skills for the legends.  The game is meant to be fun and challenging.  But if the masses are not having fun, then one can safely say you went in the wrong direction.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Fri, Sep 24 2010 1:36 PM

iconian:
    Renaming of i15's to Rapture's v3 and keeping all same mods except one: dropping speed from 7/8 to 3. I don't care about the rest :D

+2 on that!!

Longer irons with a slower meter, long overdue IMO.

nickuk:
    i hope this ball is open to all?(reasonably priced...due to the fact your gonna lose a few...unless your a legend!!!!) as is the case now.....and very hard to hit! (no GI business)

I assume the new ball would have a level quickly reachable by Legends.  No GI business?  If so, I'd be very disappointed since it would do me no good at all.  There's old people(like me) who play this game ya know! LOL

I do appreciate the pre-release update WGT thanks!

• aceydeucey
    504 Posts
    Fri, Sep 24 2010 1:37 PM

you will soon see a new ball for Legends who are level 30 and above that will give a sufficient increase in distance.

OMG, opening up another can of worms!    WGT, do you know many players are at level 30 right now who are not Legends.    I hope what you really meant  by level 30 is that your Tier has to be a Legend in order to buy this new ball....right?   

• andrewp7
    127 Posts
    Fri, Sep 24 2010 1:39 PM

right ...how about addressing the KLM fiasco that was rather than ignoring it!

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Fri, Sep 24 2010 1:43 PM

Yeah to a few updates, boo to some others.  I could care less about a ball that goes another 10yds, all that means is I now have to relearn all my club yardages again.  If they are not renaming the club distances does it make sense my 98yd wedge really goes 105 with no spin added?  My little lob wedge is now going to go further?  Thats the opposite of what the purpose of the lob wedge is supposed to do. 

Thanks but no thanks, but to me its the very wrong solution.  Drop the levels for club equipment, go back to tiers, pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.  Add legend clubs that match more closely to what regular to long Pro's can hit, like a 3 wood from 250yds, a driver over 290yds.  Make the others in the game want to make it to legend.

And how about no pts for strokes, but pts for par or better.  Add a bonus to the pts for birdies and better, make them tier related if you like.  Like 5pts for birdie at Pro tier, but only 4 for Tour Pro tier. 

• andrewp7
    127 Posts
    Fri, Sep 24 2010 1:47 PM

neildiamond11790:

Yeah to a few updates, boo to some others.  I could care less about a ball that goes another 10yds, all that means is I now have to relearn all my club yardages again.  If they are not renaming the club distances does it make sense my 98yd wedge really goes 105 with no spin added?  My little lob wedge is now going to go further?  Thats the opposite of what the purpose of the lob wedge is supposed to do. 

Thanks but no thanks, but to me its the very wrong solution.  Drop the levels for club equipment, go back to tiers, pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.  Add legend clubs that match more closely to what regular to long Pro's can hit, like a 3 wood from 250yds, a driver over 290yds.  Make the others in the game want to make it to legend.

no ...my friend ...it is the right solution for WGT!

New legend driver = one off revenue generation opportunity for WGT

New balls = lots of lovely continuous revenue when they get worn out/lost. ....kerching

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Fri, Sep 24 2010 1:49 PM

It's nice to see these updates, but I am not exceptionally fond of the "new ball" idea as it is probably going to be implemented.

This will increase the distance that our approach shots go (i.e. the same amount of power will now go 1-5 yards further, presumably), and we will once again have to relearn exactly how much harder or how much softer we have to hit approach shots from their nominal distance (e.g. 154 yards to the pin, but you know the shot needs extra power, so you add 2-5 yards.)  For example, from the master tees, I hit my KIA 18 approach +4 yards, but from the legend tees, I hit it -4 yards in order to adjust for the extra roll that I'm going to get from the 3-iron or 3-wood that I am using as opposed to the 7-iron that was used after a master tee drive.  With the new balls, I will have to scrap these numbers and come up with new ones, whereas if they only affected my driver or something like that, then I could keep most of my numbers as they are.  I guess you could say that an extra 10 yards on my drive might change these numbers even if I only got that extra distance on my driver only, but I am still scared of having to do this.  :P

Of course, I still welcome the changes, and I think they will be a huge improvement, but I would just like to say that I think the RPG-like skill points method, which could add distance only to your driver, (or your driver+3w+3h+3i, or whatever) was the best option for mitigating the disparity between legend tees and master tees.  New balls is not my idea of a perfect solution... but at the end of the day, I guess I'm still happy... so good job!  :)

RSS