Forums

Help › Forums

Upcoming Changes...and Thank You!

Fri, Feb 11 2011 2:20 AM (215 replies)
  • Zippy-Pivot
    257 Posts
    Fri, Sep 24 2010 9:15 PM

My 25 cents worth! Gimmee a ball that has some friggen spin. Real spin!! Some spin that when I need it (wedges),I can hit the middle of the green and suck it back 4 or 5 feet. Or spin that when I need it, from longer distances (irons)actually bite and only roll 10-15 feet or so, and prevents the ball from rollin across the entire friggen green. As a legend the black tees are fine..........its the friggen second shot (low trajectory) that rolls forever, especially tourney greens, that creates the huge increase in two putts. The game was a blast as a master............now without a ball that has some "real " spin I cant see myself playin much longer. The game has become frustrating, (as a legend)and needs some tweakin! Anywho, my thoughts!!

• andrewp7
    127 Posts
    Sat, Sep 25 2010 6:01 AM

CharlemagneRH:

As far as sustained vs. lump-sum revenue goes, that is actually somewhat irrelevant.  Probably 250 clubs are bought every day, so that is, in fact, very sustained revenue.  Of course, when new clubs come out, WGT will see a spike in revenue (and a drop in outstanding credits amongst those who have accumulated credits through RG/MPC play), but I doubt it really matters much to them whether they get $75k in a typical month, but spike up to $250k in a month in which new clubs are released, or $100k/mo that is as steady as a surgeon's hand.  Money is money... and the only point at which this will become an issue is end-game where there are already great clubs out there releasing even better clubs would make the game ridiculous, which would make releasing new and improved clubs impossible.

True revenue is revenue but when you have advised private equity companies on exits and floated web based businesses ...gimme a shout!

• SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Sat, Sep 25 2010 6:46 AM

revenue is important but profit and profit margin tend to tell the story. You must have sustained top line revenue and continued revenue growth to increase your profit /profit margins. I have seen companies with profit increases but these were obtained only by cutting their expenses.  I would love to see their P&L

• GL57
    83 Posts
    Sat, Sep 25 2010 6:53 AM

"Add more tiers, and have equipment specific to those tiers which is unlocked when the tier level is reached. There needs to be some tier specific equipment available when a new tier is reached, to go with the new tee-box assignments associated with the specific tiers.

Then, use the 'level' rankings to unlock more advanced, yet still tier-specifc clubs as one progresses through the new tier.

in essence, a first set of tier specific clubs opens up as soon as a new tier is reached, and then more advanced tier specific clubs are opened as the levels increase within that tier. . . . . If honest improvement isn't made (sandbagging....) within the tier, only the low-level clubs are available for that particular tier."

VanHalenLover echoes exactly what I have recommended before, and I could not agree more.

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Sat, Sep 25 2010 6:54 AM

I like the old system better, and I think they could have just made some enhancements on that system.   This new leveling system just doesnt work for me, its not a golf game anymore.  Someone on some site told me all of us that are complaining of the changes are not imaging there is a "larger picture" of what they have in mind.  Well considering they keep making these adjsustments to me its quite clear that there is no master plan or "larger picture".

And let me clarify this for some people on the site, WGT does earn anything when you buy clubs, balls, avatars.  They only earn when you deposit money.  I feel like some people think when you use your credits WGT is earning money, no, they already earned that money when someone bought those credits. 

Personally I think the best way to draw more people is to have a better product.  The system was fine, but could have used some tweaking.  They could have come out with little things to draw more revenue, to use to add more courses and take some of those courses and put more tournaments on them. 

Instead we get this, but hey they are adding a longer ball that is tier specific, which is what they said was what they were getting away from, tier specific equipment.  I dont get it

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sat, Sep 25 2010 7:26 AM

GL57:
    in essence, a first set of tier specific clubs opens up as soon as a new tier is reached, and then more advanced tier specific clubs are opened as the levels increase within that tier. . . . .

The way I read it, WGT addresses the issue of inappropriate equipment being unlocked when advancing tiers:

WGTSky:
    Many of you mentioned that your new Tiers present inappropriate levels of difficulty. In addition, there is a lessened incentive to move naturally to higher Tiers when new equipment is not unlocked within a reasonable time. To address these concerns, in the next few releases, we will start unlocking appropriate equipment when you enter a new Tier.

How they will do that is still a mystery, bonus XP points for advancing tiers would be my choice because it provides an incentive to advance.

The equipment is still available to lower tiers, but they would need to play their butts off to get it, (and potentially become better players thru experience and advance tiers.)  If players don't have the natural ability and don't improve their scores thru extensive play, the better clubs are still available to them by leveling up over time.  And as they roll out new algorithms for scoring averages, sandbagging to stay in lower tiers while leveling up should begin to be less of a problem.

• ironking34
    749 Posts
    Sat, Sep 25 2010 7:34 AM

Gives us a legend driver, a more stable meter, some clubs and green consistency and of course more courses.......It makes no sense for legends, tour masters, and masters to have the same equipment when they are not playing under the same conditions.  Giving a ball that goes further is just another money making ploy (I'm guessing that the durability is going to be 1 or 1/2 for this ball).  The bottom line is not trying to improve the game it's trying to get more money out of the players.  The reason why they won't fix the ready go's or give the legends a better driver is because now with the correct conditions tour masters, masters, tour pro's and pro's can be more competitive in the ready go's, basically they are trying to get more people to play in the ready go's which would increase their revenue.  Before the update no one other than a master had a chance to win a ready go, now it's wide open which in theory should have more people entering into these.  The more ready go's you play the more balls you'll need, the more money they'll make.  I see no major improvement anything soon.  My interest in playing now is to get to level 99 and see what happens then as we receive no explanation on this.  As a legend I want to know what's the highest level you'll get.  If you get to legend 100 do you become a Super legend, I wonder if they have an even further tee for you to hit from in that case.  Maybe they will call it the Olympic Tee......I guess I'll find out in around 3-4 months what will happen at legend's level 100.

• skyman131313
    12 Posts
    Sat, Sep 25 2010 7:44 AM

I sold my R9 tri master back to the pr shop and wanted the r9tp  someone told  me it was better on the meter so isold..but when i wanted to but the TP..WGT SAID NO..and i couldn't even buy back my driver..now iam on the Master tees and no  distance with  Burner driver i had to buy..WGT will take your  credits fast.let me tell ya..I HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL level 77 from 35 to buy my club back..COME ON.....THIS  is  BULL

• WGTSky
    223 Posts
    Sat, Sep 25 2010 11:34 AM

Hey guys, sorry there's no definitive ETA on full implementation of plans, but you will see changes being rolled out during the next few releases. 

Many thanks, once again, for all your constructive feedback during this process and of course, going forward!

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Sat, Sep 25 2010 11:41 AM

WGT has an overall game plan IM sure just based on some of the employees they have hired.

But to date, while much better than in the past, better communication sure would help. WGT could have helped themselves out a bit as the last build removed the fun for the vast majority.

At least beta test with a mix of newer and older player.

This game has fantastic potential.

Remember WGT, 1000 minds will come up with better solutions than 10 minds.

RSS