Help › Forums

Feelin' cheated

rated by 0 users
Tue, Sep 21 2010 4:38 PM (3 replies)
  • alexpursey
    3 Posts
    Tue, Sep 21 2010 8:35 AM

I was playing a challenge match just now - against a guy named ******

After beating him 3&2 in a previous match, we went into a play-off. After my second shot on the 1st play-off hole my computer refused to connect to WGT.

I have another computer which was online and working fine and dandy so I am a little suspicious.

Does anyone have a similar experience and can I get my credits back?

• WGTSky
    223 Posts
    Tue, Sep 21 2010 9:46 AM

I've edited out names in this post.

Please be sure not to post names of other players as allegedly involved in cheating, quitting, hacking, etc.  There are no means to confirm suspicions of foul play, so it's important to give other players the benefit of the doubt.  Certainly all innocent parties here would like to be treated as such. 

As far as reimbursement of credits, it's not possible for WGT to confirm or deny the validity of a person's reasons for leaving a game, or the source of technical trouble, and as such, not possible for us to reimburse lost credits in all cases. If you are not sure, please contact us by emailing members@worldgolftour.com

Thanks!

• PRIESTESS
    10,703 Posts
    Tue, Sep 21 2010 10:15 AM

Yesterday i lost connection many times , its the worst ive seen it ,so perhaps it was a server issue .Just guessing,:)

• alexpursey
    3 Posts
    Tue, Sep 21 2010 4:38 PM

I didn't mean to imply that my opponent had cheated, I thought maybe you would be able to contact him for confirmation that I had not lost fair and square. I take the fact that I had beaten him previously as a good indicator of fair play.

I would expect a company that takes money for the services it provides to take some time out to investigate a customer's grievance, your response leaves me in no doubt you have no intentions of doing so, and therefore leaves me very disappointed and certainly unwilling to invest anymore.

Thanks!!

RSS