Forums

Help › Forums

A direct question to WGT regarding levels.

Fri, Sep 24 2010 10:02 AM (31 replies)
  • ncviz
    527 Posts
    Tue, Sep 21 2010 3:22 PM

Thank you. At the end of the day, I think most of us want to see WGT thrive. Understand things get said in the heat of the argument, no big deal.

All I was originally trying to point out is there isn't a need to "scrap" the current system. Whether you like it or not, which I don't either, it is most likely here to stay. While points for decent clubs are seemingly  a lifetime away, there isn't anything new, so what's the point of accelerating anything?

Sure new players aren't going to be able to get really good clubs for a while, but that's exactly the way they want it to work I would think.

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Tue, Sep 21 2010 3:39 PM

IM so glad to see the passion for the game here in the forum. Let's all try to remember that were on the same side. We have loved and supported this little game, most of us since we only had the front of Kiawa as a ctth course and that was it.

We have come along way since then. WGT does need to make an adjustment here.

I hope they will consider this implementation as a viable and fair solution.

As a player improves his game and moves to a tier. He then has clubs unlocked specifically for that tier. This tier needs equipment that with a reasonable amount of practice, will allow them to enter the next level. I know this wont stop the cherry picking. With their current solution it may be working though I am skeptical,  but I think its costing you customers. Maybe this is just removing the less desirable human beings, lol who knows.

Level points can still be there, but use it as a key to show people's experience levels, and there reliability..If you quit a lot of rounds, level points just wont go up very fast. You could also use level points as a tool for movement up to the next tier. But not to the current levels you need now. Cherry picking then would be discouraged. Now the amount of level points, plus stroke avg. Tournament results, etc, would now be the criteria for tier adjustment. The way WGT created extra tiers was brilliant.

Now they just need to re-introduce all the master equipment and introduce stuff for the legends. Atleast a ball with 1 more spin and 1 more distance. Call it LEG-SDX and if you were put there (your current level) clubs at your tier should be always available. Not 45 levels later. Yes WGT did open the Pro Shop, but not for long enough.

Tournaments then could be set up that are tier specific.Ready gos the same.

These ideas are not all mine by any means. They just seem the most fair too me.

• GL57
    83 Posts
    Tue, Sep 21 2010 3:52 PM

Wise and friendly reply.

• jonybshanker
    5 Posts
    Tue, Sep 21 2010 4:21 PM
    Well,i'm sorry to disagree with you pal,but,the so-called improvements are a joke.For example..I'm a Master,i putt on very fast greens.If i join a group that has 3 masters and a higher tier player in the group,we are forced to putt on tourny speed greens..thats giving the advantage to the already better player that dosen't need it.If you think was a good move,well,i think it sucks.You'd think with all these Rocket Scientist Technicians they have hangin around ,fixing stuff that isn't broke,they'd be able to make it so masters putt on v. fast greens...tour masters and legends putt on tourny greens..no matter who's in the group.Players join a group to play and be competitive and have fun,but,when they see they're on tourny greens,they know they're beat before they tee off,hence,they click on end game button.So,if and when one of these so called master-minds comes up with a sollution to this problem,it may be a half descent site to have fun on and meet nice folks from all over the world again,Until then,my OPINION remains the same.The changes have made things worse,and,i think that SUCKS. jonybshanker
  • LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Tue, Sep 21 2010 4:45 PM

Hullo Everyone!

I am brand new here and have greens behind my ears.Reading this post it seems like everyone is talking about fairness and such,which I can understand fully,because,well,fair's fair I guess.

However,I wonder did it ever occur to anybody that the fairest way of all,the fairway,so to speak,would be to have everyone playing with the exact same equipment,all the time,every game.None of this elitist nonsense and red sports car extension to manhood stuff.At least that way,one could truly tell who was best,if that was important to anyone,because then it really WOULD be down to skill alone.

I am prepared to accept my utter wrongness and ignorance which may or may not be due to  my inexperience of this site,but do you not all think it would be fun to just see who is good or not so good,whilst all using the same equipment?

I ought to add that I ended up here because Facebook said "Play Golf for free",and this seems a patent mis-direction if the level of passion I have read about in the forums is any type of weather guage.I think I have played maybe ten rounds(or whatever theyre called) and already have been pressured to buy with real money,things I likely don't need.A friend who invited me thought he was going to get 200 credits for the invite,but sadly that is only if I spend $20 or somesuch.Ha Ha,like THATS going to happen.

Final point.I see from your profile GL,that you have made your current level in a mere few weeks,which I have to say seems remarkable and commendable,and would serve to prove my point that even a rank beginner can challenge the players who have spent $$ and years here getting to that same point.The fact that you say you play very slowly gives me hope!

If anyone is still reading,BIG Thanks!! I will shut up now and let the serious work of levels continue.And hope I havent upset anyone if this appears off topic...

Lizziexx

• birdwell
    561 Posts
    Tue, Sep 21 2010 6:37 PM

jonybshanker:
    If i join a group that has 3 masters and a higher tier player in the group,we are forced to putt on tourny speed greens..thats giving the advantage to the already better player that dosen't need it.

if WGT would add tourney speed to the practice mode options i would disagree with you. But since you do not have the option of practicing on the faster greens, I will agree.

But, if the ability to practice was there, I'd tell you to hit the course and get your game in shape, and stop whining about it.. lol.

jonybshanker:
    So,if and when one of these so called master-minds comes up with a sollution to this problem,it may be a half descent site to have fun on and meet nice folks from all over the world again,

wow, I'm sorry missing a putt causes you to not have fun. Maybe something other that golf will work better for you then.   /insert smart-A$$ smilie here/

• GL57
    83 Posts
    Tue, Sep 21 2010 6:53 PM

Having legend tees and green speed as a practice option is a must, indeed. The current situation is lacking.

As for the playing conditions that have become so brutally difficult for legends, not for the lower tiers who have it relatively easy, I welcome them after some inner protest, as I used to have a sub-60 average and now play like a pro, or a starting master at best. Truth to tell, the game has never felt so positively real, and I have learned to pride myself on finishing under par even by a single stroke.

The birdie and eagle fest of the past was a joke, and clearly I have stopped laughing.

Smiles will have to do.

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Tue, Sep 21 2010 7:13 PM

Yes, agreed. You should be able to practice all tee's and all conditions.

• JuanMendoza
    469 Posts
    Tue, Sep 21 2010 8:54 PM

jonybshanker:
    I'm a Master,i putt on very fast greens.If i join a group that has 3 masters and a higher tier player in the group,we are forced to putt on tourny speed greens..thats giving the advantage to the already better player that dosen't need it.jonybshanker

Aww 50 Yds per tee with the same clubs aint enough ...a 3 club advantage on most approaches, which makes even more difference with the green speed....my heart bleeds for you, boo hoo hoo

• GL57
    83 Posts
    Wed, Sep 22 2010 10:23 AM

Lizziexx, you should know that my GL57 account (as I openly stated in another post) is one that I recently created while requesting for personal reasons that WGT close a previous legend account that I had, where I used the finest equipment available in the Pro Shop. Note that on my way back to the legend tier, I never sandbagged, as WGT knows very well.

Anyway, the undeniable fact remains that the free starter clubs are playable, but mediocre. No one in their right mind would indefinitely settle for them, unless they were tight for money or they did not care to play competitively.

RSS