Forums

Help › Forums

A direct question to WGT regarding levels.

Fri, Sep 24 2010 10:02 AM (31 replies)
  • birdwell
    561 Posts
    Mon, Sep 20 2010 4:59 PM

ncviz:
    Why would complaining stop if you up all the long tenured players to 90? Seems like the extended time period to buy those clubs covered that didn't it, no?

not really, ncviz. I am a player who often bought and sold a lot of different equipment to try different setups - think of it as an extended rental program.. lol. Now that I am playing from the tips at St andrews, I really see a need for a hybrid with a lower trajectory and more length than the G10 hybrid I have, the TM Tour Launch is just the thing I need for #17 and also for a lot of different situations I see now on that course. I did not come to this conclusion while the sale was still on, and now I have to wait and grind through months of play in order to purchase a club I used to own a year ago. I'd rather confirm or disprove my suspicions that that would be the better club for that course now.

ncviz:
    I really don't have a problem with the current clubs and/or setup. The greens could be taken back to vfast, but that's all. As long as everyone plays from the same tees is my gripe. We've seen TMs have a field day, that could correct itself, but is still there right now.

Our views are 180 degrees on this.  I'd rather tee off from the tips, I wish the greens were just a touch faster, I have no problem giving a lesser player a 2-4 club advantage off the tee. It makes matchplay a lot more interesting. The problem to me is that we all have the same clubs, with the same characteristics. They can have the advantage off the tee - just give me an advantage equipment wise.

ncviz:
    I really think the whole idea seems to be gradually step you up, and buy clubs in the same matter. Players were just going from starters to g10s/I15s. It's sort of a wrong way of going about things I think, but what do I know.

Exactly 100% right here. The new system will play out well for new players. But right now we have Master and TM's and Tour Pro's with equipment that they would not have had access too under the current system is they had started in it. WGT couldn't just take clubs away though. Played against a "lady" recently, Tour Pro, joined a week prior to the changes, and had The full Rapture Pro setup (which is Level 60+ now) Teeing off from the Yellow Tees, I was giving her 150 yards on some holes. She putt on the Tourney greens far to well to have been someone who had really just joined 3 weeks prior. Obvious multi-accounter. Without the sale, she would not have been able to access the Raptures.

There is less incentive to multi-account for an advantage now. That is the best thing this new system provides.

ncviz:
    Until there is new equipment in the pro shop what would be the point of taking everyone to level 90.?

Well, if you give the deserving players a level boost now, you'll hear 1000% less bitching when the clubs do come out.

My feeling is that there have been thousand of post saying..

"these greens suck! this new system sucks!" or "these tees suck! this new system sucks!"

but in reality those changes to the tees and the greens and the establishment of the new tiers are rather irrelevant to the core change about what is accessible to whom in the pro shop. We basically started at 0 here in regard to levels, and that is really not fair.

• birdwell
    561 Posts
    Mon, Sep 20 2010 5:12 PM

GL57:
    Not upping everyone's level, birdwell¸ only the upper tier players who would have reached a very high level in the course of their career, had the system level been around when they started it. THAT makes sense, not the grossly unfair and inadequate level 30!

We are in agreement here. I was inferring that Legends players would get say a 50 level boost. and Masters maybe a 30 Level boost.. and so on.

• GL57
    83 Posts
    Mon, Sep 20 2010 7:30 PM

This incremental boost makes sense, but 50 for legends is completely inadequate, since the equipment appropriate to their tier (say, the i15 clubs) are only available at very high levels. 90, no less, to have free reign in the Pro Shop as before.

• DiscGolfAddict
    115 Posts
    Tue, Sep 21 2010 6:29 AM
    I totally agree.....until the other night I as playing as a Pro then a TourPro when the system changes took effect. Ill admit I would play Stroke games for fun and not give the effort I would a tourny I had paid to enter, therefore I would post unflattering scores to which my average attested.... and I was perfectly happy with the club setup I have so I did not take advantage of the sale when I had the chance . The other night I was playing a private tourny and managed to shoot a 31 on the front 9 of STA and Wham !!! So now here I am a Level 33 Master who has been playing for a long enough time and has payed my dues and earned the right to purchase better/longer clubs without the ability to do so. Like I said, I have paid my dues (along with more than a few bucks) to this game, I believe I should have the same access I had to the Pro-Shop that I had before. And please please please Devlopers and Mods.......hurry in your quest to making more courses available for full stroke/match play ?
  • hbthree
    478 Posts
    Tue, Sep 21 2010 8:50 AM

With regard to the OP...seems to me that WGT might consider returning to tier based clubs and maintain  the "level" system as well...in other words; tier based clubs become available when one's tier advances, and advanced tier clubs  become available to lower tiered players through the level system....seems so simple...that is, two pathways to better clubs...either expertise or experience....Harve 

• BustaSpliff
    417 Posts
    Tue, Sep 21 2010 10:55 AM

Same here mate with   the balls bought a red one 2 days gone,  bought another same again gone.  doesnt   make  people want too  buy stuff does it,unless it can  be explained why?

• Fredddddy
    177 Posts
    Tue, Sep 21 2010 12:33 PM

Does anyone really think WGT is listening their silence is deafening.

• GL57
    83 Posts
    Tue, Sep 21 2010 1:33 PM

"Their silence is deafening." Beautiful turn of phrase!

• ncviz
    527 Posts
    Tue, Sep 21 2010 1:47 PM

GL57:

Good Lord, man, did you even read my initial post before responding to it? I said mainly that players who clearly had considerable experience before the change, enough to make it up to master tier and have full access to the Pro Shop, should have been set at level 90. 

This topic is serious; so for heaven sake, make a serious effort to reply knowingly and intelligently instead of spewing forth all this nonsense.

For someone who is crying about the moaning in this thread you sure don't mind dishing it out huh. Was just responding to the topic, quit taking things so personal.

I've been here quite a long time, so maybe you might take some of what I write and think about for more than 2 seconds. Don't have to agree with me, but stop the childish bs rebuttals. And btw I'm a girl, so that would Good Lord, girl.

• GL57
    83 Posts
    Tue, Sep 21 2010 2:29 PM

I admittedly got carried away. My sincere apologies for the harsh words.

All the best to you.

RSS