Sun, Mar 30 2014 9:26 AM (44 replies)
  • lisalovesthesun
    185 Posts
    Mon, Mar 24 2014 8:26 AM

andwhy67:
    The SLDR and the X-hot are just as good,

Not true.

With a slight 8 - 12 mph ) headwind -

On par 5s it can make the difference between an eagle putt against a flop for tap in birdie

On long par 4s the difference can be a 4i approach against a 3i app, which can lead to an extra 15ft on the birdie putt

EG:-  Yesterday in BoH Legend UELs monthly I had 7 mph headwind from the drive on #18 and it just hit the top of the big ridge and rolled down 3 yrds to leave a horrendous lie, the R1 would have cleared it and rolled to the flat for an easy 3i or 3w into the green leaving an eagle possibility, or even a DE, a tap in birdie I'm sure.

So instead of 3rd alone I'm still in tie for 4th.

Many other examples on other holes,

If I'm playing for credits or even if not then it should be available. I don't play certain RGs because of this, giving a stroke to the field in the wrong wind before I hit a ball.

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Mon, Mar 24 2014 9:07 AM

LOL

Are you not using the SLDR, profile says you are, and your driving stats are a little better than mine!!!

lisalovesthesun:

andwhy67:
    The SLDR and the X-hot are just as good,

Not true.

With a slight 8 - 12 mph ) headwind -

On par 5s it can make the difference between an eagle putt against a flop for tap in birdie

On long par 4s the difference can be a 4i approach against a 3i app, which can lead to an extra 15ft on the birdie putt

EG:-  Yesterday in RSG Legend UELs monthly I had 7 mph headwind from the drive on #18 and it just hit the top of the big ridge and rolled down 3 yrds to leave a horrendous lie, the R1 would have cleared it and rolled to the flat for an easy 3i or 3w into the green leaving an eagle possibility, or even a DE, a tap in birdie I'm sure.

So instead of 3rd alone I'm still in tie for 4th.

Many other examples on other holes,

If I'm playing for credits or even if not then it should be available. I don't play certain RGs because of this, giving a stroke to the field in the wrong wind before I hit a ball.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Mon, Mar 24 2014 9:18 AM

Rohaley:

It is Purim, Lent & Passover coming all tied together and we are in the middle of it. The R1 should be mad available from now till lent ends, or at least for a season. thanks

I couldn't give a sh*t which religion is doing whatever.

Religious comments aren't allowed in the forum, please leave you tales of sky gods and angels at home.

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Mon, Mar 24 2014 9:21 AM

PaulTon:

I couldn't give a sh*t which religion is doing whatever.

Religious comments aren't allowed in the forum, please leave you tales of sky gods and angels at home.

+1

99% of the carnage and terrorism that occurs in the world today is due to religion!!

• lonniescott711
    4,184 Posts
    Mon, Mar 24 2014 9:21 AM

All that you need , is a better ball . Upgrade to the 33+ cally , and go make it rain . I`m a firm believer, that in upgrading , you start at the bottom and work up . Sometimes you wont need a better club , just a better ball . Food for thought

• jsweetcr
    1,209 Posts
    Mon, Mar 24 2014 9:22 AM

Gotta agree with Lisa on this one. 

The SLDR and XHot are great drivers. I had the SLDR, still do, never sold it.  However, they are not AS good as the R1, esepcially if the person has the RZN Blacks.  The R1 with that ball is huge off the tee.

Used to be that you could get by with it, but its rare anyone outdrives me any more with the SLDR or XHot, if they do its cuz of a mishit, or they are playing the 81 or black nike and I play the 61 nike.

I don't think it quite used to be that way and I used to agree with others about the SLDR and XHot being comparable, with the new balls I think that changes a bit and it can be the diffrence between eagle and birdie or shorter approaches

• jeepie411
    3,197 Posts
    Mon, Mar 24 2014 9:51 AM

The advantage of the R1 vrs the SLDR are shots into a headwind. The lower trajectory keeps the ball lower and the headwind does not knock nearly as much difference off the drive. 

• Games4Ever71
    623 Posts
    Mon, Mar 24 2014 11:33 PM

jeepie411:

The advantage of the R1 vrs the SLDR are shots into a headwind. The lower trajectory keeps the ball lower and the headwind does not knock nearly as much difference off the drive. 

The R1 is both Med/High. I am keeping my R1 until something better than the nike covert level 100 comes out. Only 5 yards from that one and the R1 is not enough to hurry to level 100 and purchase. For the SLDR. I probably would got it if it was released sooner than the R1 black, but then again. I probably would of waited and got the R1 black anyways. I use srixons level 11 balls and outdrive other players nike balls with R1.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Tue, Mar 25 2014 12:05 AM

I rented the SLDR and it isn't as long as the lvl 94 R11s(284) much less close to the R1 or Nike lvl 100 drivers if your close to the ding, neither is the Calloway...barely longer than the lower level R11(282)...and I have all 3 of them! The Nike and R! outdrive the R11s by a club all the time...

The Nike and R1 are game changers, the SLDR and Cally mean you can miss the ding and still be in the fairway...not that are bad drivers, both are good clubs....it's like comparing the high lvl G20's to the Nike lvl 97 irons....G20's are d@mn good clubs but not even close to the big dogs..

• TDSLIMIT
    409 Posts
    Tue, Mar 25 2014 3:51 AM

If the Slider is so good how come you never really see any TL with it?   However you see plenty of TLs with the R1.  Dinging both drivers Andy you aren't serious about that are you?   gimmie a break.    The R1 goes much further.    I would say 10/12 yards  further depending on the wind and the particular hole.    Face it a 287 yard driver does go further that a 282     Common sense.      Donnie

RSS