Forums

Help › Forums

Tekoma's Putting Techniques vol.1

Thu, Apr 13 2023 9:02 AM (310 replies)
  • Heath021
    378 Posts
    Fri, Mar 21 2014 4:12 AM

Brandon,

Although I really appreciate your help. Sometimes you contradict yourself.  I distinctly remeber you telling me you have most of your puts memorized. And how you can close your eyes and play. lol. Why are you always so defensive. This game is for gamers not a golfer. When you first start playing this game you play it like a golfer. Until you realize the only way to win or be competetive is to become a gamer.  I am just starting to get over that....lol it's only taking me 5 years. 

By the way, how can you disagree with me if you havn't seen what I have seen behind my computer while practicing for hours.  It's great how others try and help with their game...and how to think like a gamer. I think I play real golf too much to become an elite player as a gamer. 

• suncity28
    1,266 Posts
    Fri, Mar 21 2014 4:53 AM

Tekoma:

suncity28:

I always thought putting was close your eyes and let Vem take care of everything.

Any player who is willing to help others has a pick thumps up from me. Better then those complaining topics I seem to read.

Regards sunny

Hi suncity28

You are one my role model in this game..I watched every video you made, saw your shots and putts which I was encouraged by..

I now have the chance to thank you

Tek

Meant be be Big thumps up...

Thank you and your welcome.

Cheers Sunny.

• Joshnosh
    548 Posts
    Fri, Mar 21 2014 5:22 AM

Can you explain it in more detail please, i got the centre ball and the centre cup, but i thought i had the toe one till i watched it again. Like explain each method would be nice :)

otherwise i think people will lok and go thats complicated and walk away :)

• notonthis
    893 Posts
    Fri, Mar 21 2014 5:51 AM

Heath021:

Brandon,

Although I really appreciate your help. Sometimes you contradict yourself.  I distinctly remeber you telling me you have most of your puts memorized. And how you can close your eyes and play. lol. Why are you always so defensive. This game is for gamers not a golfer. When you first start playing this game you play it like a golfer. Until you realize the only way to win or be competetive is to become a gamer.  I am just starting to get over that....lol it's only taking me 5 years. 

By the way, how can you disagree with me if you havn't seen what I have seen behind my computer while practicing for hours.  It's great how others try and help with their game...and how to think like a gamer. I think I play real golf too much to become an elite player as a gamer. 

Yes i have alot of putts in my head that i know react different from the break i see but im not walking around taking screen shots and mapping greens like some i know. And no i don't know what you do behind your pc but i'm far from a gamer i like to play this game but could care less to be good at it.  Here is my main issue all the ones i see complain about the game about how shots react i never seen one of them make a video. Make a video so i can see or anyone else to that matter. 

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Fri, Mar 21 2014 6:25 AM

Great video Tek, and I must say you are one of the most amazing putters ,right up there with Wontonamo , Suncity, Bollox, Jason, just to name a few.

The ding and I have a hard time getting along so I have tried to adapt  to the miss ding style. For what its worth I have broken the ding scale into % lines  12.5%  25%  38% 50% up to 100% now for the tricky part to get an idea of which % line to try for.  I figure about 10% per dot  that is moving at a med. speed . So lets say you are 8 feet away you will have maybe 4 dots moving at a med. speed so the miss would be 38- 40 % miss on whichever side the break is.

It's hard to put a number on it, but it just gives you a reference to start .  

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Fri, Mar 21 2014 7:04 AM

I tried to make a video  to show what I was talking about, but my Ocam is not displaying a video for some reason 

• notonthis
    893 Posts
    Fri, Mar 21 2014 7:15 AM

Yeah Heath you should learn to putt from those guys woodo listed i have no clue what i'm talking about anyhow. 

• Heath021
    378 Posts
    Fri, Mar 21 2014 7:27 AM

Very nice post.  Very interesting.  Just wondering if it matters what putter you use? I've been trying using the lvl96 Oddysey but doesnt seem to be as reliable using these concepts.

RSS