Forums

Help › Forums

White borders in full-screen view (activated via the bottom right icon).

rated by 0 users
Sat, Mar 29 2014 1:17 PM (9 replies)
  • G0LD
    358 Posts
    Mon, Mar 17 2014 5:20 PM

Years ago, I was among the few who complained about the borders flanking the game. These borders were pale blue at the time, and I had a hard time to stomach them. Fortunately, WGT kindly obliged us by making these borders black. Ideally, they would have been done away with, but short of that, the change was welcome.

Now, how about implementing that change in the full screen view, where oddly the black borders go from black to white, much to my regret. , White, they are annoyingly conspicuous, and I can't imagine that the programmers would find it difficult to make them black instead. They just have to decide to do so.

And if they did, I would indeed be grateful!

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Mon, Mar 17 2014 5:51 PM

bring up the game page and use the arrows to enlarge it instead of full screen...move it around and mess with it until you like what you see.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Mon, Mar 17 2014 10:42 PM

It depends what monitor you use. If your's is letterbox you'll never fill all the borders.

• HALFBACKFLANK
    416 Posts
    Tue, Mar 18 2014 2:43 AM

Try hitting your F11 key. It works for me.

• gmaster007
    2,101 Posts
    Thu, Mar 20 2014 4:16 PM

HALFBACKFLANK:

Try hitting your F11 key. It works for me.

+1

looks great on the big tv,, especially with screen crop

• G0LD
    358 Posts
    Thu, Mar 27 2014 1:52 PM

F11 works in Windows, But not in OS Mavericks. Thanks all the same.

• G0LD
    358 Posts
    Thu, Mar 27 2014 1:54 PM

"bring up the game page and use the arrows to enlarge it instead of full screen...move it around and mess with it until you like what you see."

With all due respect, what you are suggesting is an unsatisfying stopgap. Anyway, it doesn't work In the Apple operating system.

• borntobesting
    9,633 Posts
    Thu, Mar 27 2014 3:23 PM

courteneyfish:

It depends what monitor you use. If your's is letterbox you'll never fill all the borders.

Some browsers will fill a letter box monitor and some wont. Comodo Dragon on my system fills my letter box monitor.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Thu, Mar 27 2014 3:38 PM

G0LD:
    With all due respect, what you are suggesting is an unsatisfying stopgap. Anyway, it doesn't work In the Apple operating system.

OK, anyhow it works perfect for me on a big monitor, with no borders, pixel distortions, and a perfect meter while there is distortion and the meter is choppy in full screen , go figure....and you forgot to mention you had a Mac...

• G0LD
    358 Posts
    Sat, Mar 29 2014 1:17 PM

That is true; I should've pointed out at the outset that I was using an iMac. I love everything about this computer, except for the fact that I'm experiencing the problem that I'm bringing up in this post.

RSS