Forums

Help › Forums

Cheating 101 Is it Out There?

Fri, May 29 2015 4:54 PM (72 replies)
  • TDSLIMIT
    409 Posts
    Thu, Feb 20 2014 1:53 AM

Hi everyone,

We were thinking around here that it would be nice to show off some rounds. I seen many rounds done on youtube and they are good but twitch may offer an easier way, which wouldn't involve recording videos and then compressing and uploading them.

Has anyone been streaming successfully via twitch? Anyone has any interest? Specifically for the big tournaments, high stakes ready go's? If so, please let me know and link your stream pages so we can check it out.

-wgticon

p.s I moved both replay sticky threads to community introductions forum, so if you are wondering what happened, they are there.

A post by Icon maybe some of you missed.  Seems the game is heading in this direction.  Like it or Not.     Donnie
  • mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Thu, Feb 20 2014 2:32 AM

Lizard69:

For the op's benefit take a look at this, after 2 19's, I decided to record my 3rd attempt and made 19 again in the par 3 ready go, this should have been an 18 but I parred the easiest hole of the lot at Cabo and of the 19 shots, I dinged 8, 5 of which were with the putter.

If that doesnt convince you then take a look at any of the 42 vids I have on my channel, scores from 26's/27's and 28's with all sorts of different balls. Recording is not an ego trip for me so you will also see 30's where I make mistakes, the beauty of recording myself is that I can watch them back and learn something from them.

To this day I practice and try to learn something new each day, do you? Might be that the one you should really pay attention to is the putting tutorial :-)

Channel

There are many many players who record their videos because it is fun and adds a little extra pressure and they are a great learning tool. Some like myself made the very first video to disprove allegations just like yours and then I got addicted to it lol

There is one good thing about the threads relating to Cheating......

.... and that's the pleasure of watching these great Vids :)

Edit...     Yours too Jason :)   now, I've looked back further in the thread....lol

-Roger

• Dougie4042
    4,399 Posts
    Thu, Feb 20 2014 2:48 AM

Jerm65:
    If you want an analog solution....find a buddy that lives in the same city as me....have them buy me a burger and a couple of beers....and I`ll play live in front of them for you.

Lol!  I'll buy you the burger and beer.  Molson's, I presume?  You game?  ;)

• chuddlymccannon
    298 Posts
    Thu, Feb 20 2014 3:42 AM

The subject of cheating and the perfect meter have sent people into freaking retard mode.

Things I was unaware of until yesterday

• If your stats say average distance to pin is 16 ft.  then, you better keep it that far away............ or you are cheating
    • If your stats say average putts per hole is 1.7 - 1.8 then, you better not have 12 - 13 putts over nine holes............... or you are cheating
    • If you make Legend before a year.............. you are cheating
    • If your average is around 66 and you shoot a 31/32 over 9 holes...................... you are a cheater
    • If you so happen to read a 25 mph cross wind and land within 3 ft. of the cup................ you are cheating
    • MY average score is figured different than other peoples.  Therefore............................ I am a cheater
    • The score history showing a -9 on St. Andy's front 9.  Regardless of the fact that it was with no wind................ makes me a cheater
    • The fact that some of those stats with average distance to pin and putts per hole have recently been going down because of what I thought was hard work.  Well, that just verifies the fact that............... I am a cheater
    • The fact of me pointing out that I don't think my numbers are good enough for me to be a cheater.  Well.................. That just makes me a really bad cheater

Now let me ask everyone this:  When you found/heard of this game online what was your first thought?

• Was it dollar signs of WGT credits?
    • Was it I'm going to post better scores than anyone else no matter if I have to cheat or not?

or

• Was it, hey........... something fun to do to pass the time, meet new people and have a bunch of fun?

I don't think it is possible for WGT to get rid of all the cheats. 

I say, who cares................. let them cheat

• txzdave
    1,316 Posts
    Thu, Feb 20 2014 3:50 AM

I manhandle three footers......Might have to switch up when I get to the next level.........Nah, I'll still play my game......Never mind, I'ma have a good time laughin' at the ones that need laughin' at.

Find a good CC and shut up with your conspiracy cheatin' multi accountin'  rants that go in ears and out others.

It's all true........IT'S ALL TRUE!

Take a nap and keep your dreams alive........

~txz~

• Buggyyy
    1,963 Posts
    Thu, Feb 20 2014 4:22 AM

chuddlymccannon:

The subject of cheating and the perfect meter have sent people into freaking retard mode.

Things I was unaware of until yesterday

• If your stats say average distance to pin is 16 ft.  then, you better keep it that far away............ or you are cheating
    • If your stats say average putts per hole is 1.7 - 1.8 then, you better not have 12 - 13 putts over nine holes............... or you are cheating
    • If you make Legend before a year.............. you are cheating
    • If your average is around 66 and you shoot a 31/32 over 9 holes...................... you are a cheater
    • If you so happen to read a 25 mph cross wind and land within 3 ft. of the cup................ you are cheating
    • MY average score is figured different than other peoples.  Therefore............................ I am a cheater
    • The score history showing a -9 on St. Andy's front 9.  Regardless of the fact that it was with no wind................ makes me a cheater
    • The fact that some of those stats with average distance to pin and putts per hole have recently been going down because of what I thought was hard work.  Well, that just verifies the fact that............... I am a cheater
    • The fact of me pointing out that I don't think my numbers are good enough for me to be a cheater.  Well.................. That just makes me a really bad cheater

Now let me ask everyone this:  When you found/heard of this game online what was your first thought?

• Was it dollar signs of WGT credits?
    • Was it I'm going to post better scores than anyone else no matter if I have to cheat or not?

or

• Was it, hey........... something fun to do to pass the time, meet new people and have a bunch of fun?

I don't think it is possible for WGT to get rid of all the cheats. 

I say, who cares................. let them cheat

LMFAO to this!

I started playing this game on Jan 15, 2012. From that day, I played WGT countless hours accumulated massive consecutive days streaks over time, so that means I spent time trying to learn the game and get better. My stats weren't amazing at first, eventually I had more great games than bad ones, so they overpowered the shittier stats.

I remember being you to the game seeing all the 27's and 54's and wondered how the hell that was even possible. Then one day, I shot my first 27 and told myself, this is actually doable.

It just takes time, most of the great players here have been here for years or put in countless hours for the time that they were here. Not everyone has to be a cheater. But yes, the software is out there, but you will never enjoy this game if you're worried about who's cheating and not having fun.

EDIT: If you would like to watch over my shoulder and see me play, go check out my YouTube channel. www.youtube.com/buggyyy

No, players won't shoot 27 every time they record videos or whatever you're talking about, but you will still see that they know the game. It's not about score all the time, but sometimes adjusting from mistakes or improving certain aspects of your game. Once all aspects of your game are close to being mastered, it's hard to not be great. Also, there's a lot more to being a good player than to just shooting low scores. You need composure, being able to maintain relaxation in pressure situations, and a big one is COURSE KNOWLEDGE. 

I'm a pretty decent putter too, so I guess that helps. :) Cheers

• SplashLewis
    358 Posts
    Thu, Feb 20 2014 4:41 AM

fmagnets:

grumpyolddom:

This players stats say that  his average distance from the pin is 3 yards. Average means some closer some farther away. So lets say everyone of these 18 shots were within 10 feet. His average of putts made from 5 to 10 ft is a little less than 20 %. But this round he got hot and made 100% did not slide one by or miss read a break?? Don't people think that something is going on?

No. It is worth pointing out that you don't understand this stat. The 20% figure means that of all the putts the player hits in the game ever, 20% are holed putts from 5-10 feet. It obviously does not mean that only 20% of 5-10 footers are holed. How could a top player possibly be a top player if they missed 80% of these? My stats for example are: 

% Putts Made from 0 - 5 Feet 48.10%
    % Putts Made from 5 - 10 Feet 17.46%
    % Putts Made from 10 -25 Feet 7.49%
    % Putts Made from 25 - 50 Feet 0.37%
    % Putts Made from 50+ Feet

0.03%

This means that 73.45% of all the putts I have ever taken from anywhere have been holed, and 26.55% have been missed. I am not one of the best putters here by any means, but a round containing only 1 putts is not that rare even for me.

Ahhhh.  I learned something today.  Now these stats are perfectly clear.  thanks man.

• Bresler1966
    1 Posts
    Thu, Feb 20 2014 4:43 AM

Like any golf game in "real-life" there are going to be people that cheat and the same goes for this game. I just think that WGT should have a serious look when you see scores of 51 and 52 on Big Elk's competition when the green are extra slippery, the wind is high, pin placements are hard and to recognise that St Andrews is a tough course under normal conditions. I also spend a lot of time playing and sometimes I will shoot a great score, but can't help but feel cheated when you put the hours in knowing that some can and will cheat, however they are doing it.

• Steve2golf
    930 Posts
    Thu, Feb 20 2014 5:13 AM

These threads always amaze me, never is it asked, what did you find was the best way to get better was? Always assumed that you are a cheater if you get better and do well. Not once is it assumed that the person might of put in some really hard hard work to figure this game out.

Nope, you are a cheater if you refuse to post a video.

I have spent 2 years building my own wgt tool, only a rare miniority tinnie tiny % can even come remotely near the level of effort I myself have put into getting better at this game.

Below is a screen shot of the tool I have spent 2 years on, as it progressed, so did I.

With the exception of Gold's, I have seen not 1 person here ever talk about the putting break in any detail whatsoever, and never have I seen anyone ever break down the putting break and get into the minutiae details of putting.

So take a hard look, imagine what I have done with wind, rough, bunkers and club distance as well.

Imagine it, because this site is full of 99% a$$holes and I would never share it with 99% of anyone, especially since it took me 2 years to build, and even as of today, I spend a minimum of 2 hours per day working on and fine tuning my program.

So as far as I'm concerned WGTLS can FCK right off, and the same goes for many people here.

In addition, If I ever have any intention of proving I'm not a cheater, I will move to Iraq.

By the way on the WGTLS cheater tool, I was green the whole way and the whole time, more then I can say for them themselves.

• TDSLIMIT
    409 Posts
    Thu, Feb 20 2014 5:22 AM

Kool Stuff there Steve.  

RSS