Forums

Help › Forums

Country Club League - Autumn 2010 Season

Mon, Jan 10 2011 11:23 AM (497 replies)
  • Rickypro
    559 Posts
    Tue, Dec 14 2010 3:27 PM

Well, our club (Old Log Cabin) kinda feels like Boise State!!  To tell you the truth, I was not expecting to make the playoffs but I am in the process of confirming our 5th player.  When he gets back to me(hopefully soon) I will send in our roster.  Maybe we can be giant killers!!

• scottyliam
    33 Posts
    Tue, Dec 14 2010 9:49 PM

I want to join a country club was a member of one but felt it was to ellite for me please help

kind regards

liam

• mikem77
    1,218 Posts
    Wed, Dec 15 2010 5:42 AM

slor

a quick question on the winter league ,why is it not possible for a team in division 2 if they win that division not be able  to move up a division if its a b team ..i personally dont see the problem with a cc ending up with 2 teams in 1 division slor as we play fair and am sure all other cc would do the same ..

mike

• slor
    902 Posts
    Wed, Dec 15 2010 6:53 AM

mikem77:

slor

a quick question on the winter league ,why is it not possible for a team in division 2 if they win that division not be able  to move up a division if its a b team ..i personally dont see the problem with a cc ending up with 2 teams in 1 division slor as we play fair and am sure all other cc would do the same ..

mike

Hi Mike

The idea for 1 team per club per division was that CCs should be playing against other CCs in the league. I think that is a good cornerstone for the competition. I had three options that I seriously considered in front of me: (see rule 13b in the rulebook)

1) Have no restrictions. This had the upside of simplicity of administration and a guarantee that all of the best players, regardless of club, were in the top division. The downside was if a division, especially the top division, gets dominated by one club, then other CCs would lose interest and the competition would wither away.

2) Limit 1 team per club per division. See above and previous posts for reasoning.

3) Limit 1 team per club in division 1, and then no restrictions all other divisions. This option's upside is that it would protect the top division from the problems in option 1, but with the same downsides in the other divisions.

I'm proceeding with option 2 for the next season, and I will invite all teams to propose and vote on changes at seasons' end.

slor

• slor
    902 Posts
    Wed, Dec 15 2010 6:54 AM

PLAYOFF LINEUPS - QUARTERFINALS

Released! See your matchups here.

Huge, huge thanks for posting them in time. I'll looking forward to having the same system for matchups in the winter season.

Promised changes:

• Blind draw of match pairings
    • All matches to have same tees
    • Automatic updating of tables based on match results
    • Compiling of statistics for individual players

Winter 2011 Signup Form and Current Signups

Winter 2011 Rules

• mikem77
    1,218 Posts
    Wed, Dec 15 2010 7:24 AM

slor

i,m fine about 1 team per division but the b and c teams etc cant possibly move up a division if they win the league unless there other team is relegated..so what is the point of  extra divisions with b and c teams they will always feel inferior to the 1st division teams and will never get the promotion unless there clubs other team is lowered a division ..

from the results of the autumn league i wouldnt say any cc with more than 1 team dominated and you have more teams entered so unlikely again ..also what if a b team wins division 2 by a wide margin and  if they arnt promoted they will just dominate that division  every season.. 

mike

• JohnHancock
    1,905 Posts
    Fri, Dec 17 2010 3:56 AM

Slor

Like the way the playoffs are set up, with the league winner getting a bye to the semis etc.  Being picky though, if R&RR win our QF, we will be the away team in the semis - shouldn't we be at home as league runners up?

Thanks for all your hard work mate.

John

• slor
    902 Posts
    Fri, Dec 17 2010 4:32 AM

JohnHancock:

Slor

Like the way the playoffs are set up, with the league winner getting a bye to the semis etc.  Being picky though, if R&RR win our QF, we will be the away team in the semis - shouldn't we be at home as league runners up?

Thanks for all your hard work mate.

John

Highest seed will be at home - hope that was understood!

slor

• lilrob88
    870 Posts
    Fri, Dec 17 2010 10:01 AM

slor my other post was meant to be here.... didnt know you had two threads.....

• JGtassiedevil
    775 Posts
    Sun, Dec 19 2010 2:48 PM

NWC A are 4 wins with 1 to play over Electra.

Priestess forteited the dead rubber against Swinger72 on the 12th

all other matches were good wins.

Do you want me to post the full results here?

RSS