Forums

Help › Forums

Country Club League - Autumn 2010 Season

Mon, Jan 10 2011 11:23 AM (497 replies)
  • coolswing
    1,017 Posts
    Sat, Sep 11 2010 4:08 PM

You have a good looking tourney here Slor, great job and well done.  

I have a suggestion that I'd like you to consider.  A club match at present consist of 5 single matchplay games, since we have 8 players in the team and only 3 are actually playing it'd be good if you could add 1 match of 4Ball best ball match play game (9 holes) that's worth double points.  The scenario would look like this:

• Each club match is worth 7 points - 5 singles and 1 double matches
    • 5 players from each club playing each week - 3 in singles and 2 in double

Just thought it looks more balance without being complicated or time consuming as the schedule of matches still look very achievable given we have 1 week to complete it.

See how you go Slor, what ever you decide would be fine as I'd still love your tourneys anyway ! :-)

• PRIESTESS
    10,703 Posts
    Sat, Sep 11 2010 9:02 PM

Sign us up as well Slor please,

Chesterssey

• slor
    902 Posts
    Sun, Sep 12 2010 7:09 AM

Hi all - I've created the new entries into the league management system. If you want to run a team, go into www.fixtureslive.com, then after making an account, go to "admin area" then "sign me up for" a club administrator account. I have already loaded the names of the clubs into the system.

8 teams as of now:

Canadian Masters CC A
    Chesterssey CC A
    Deviations A
    English Lakes CC A
    Great Danes CC A
    Masters Golf Assoc A
    Norman's Webb Collective A
    UK Elite Golfers CC A

• slor
    902 Posts
    Sun, Sep 12 2010 7:17 AM

coolswing:

You have a good looking tourney here Slor, great job and well done.  

I have a suggestion that I'd like you to consider.  A club match at present consist of 5 single matchplay games, since we have 8 players in the team and only 3 are actually playing it'd be good if you could add 1 match of 4Ball best ball match play game (9 holes) that's worth double points.  The scenario would look like this:

• Each club match is worth 7 points - 5 singles and 1 double matches
    • 5 players from each club playing each week - 3 in singles and 2 in double

Just thought it looks more balance without being complicated or time consuming as the schedule of matches still look very achievable given we have 1 week to complete it.

See how you go Slor, what ever you decide would be fine as I'd still love your tourneys anyway ! :-)

I was thinking that eight players is the maximum number of players that you can use on your team during the league season. You don't need to recruit that many, having more than 3 insures that you don't forfeit a match!

I need some feedback on 4ball, as I think that they are too difficult to set up between players to work properly (and they take a loooong time to complete - never know if the significant other is screaming for one of the players after a couple of hours...)

• mikem77
    1,218 Posts
    Mon, Sep 13 2010 3:21 PM

hi slor

our club is the uk golfers elite cc

thanks

• mikem77
    1,218 Posts
    Wed, Sep 15 2010 3:00 PM

"wrong club name" 

hi slor 

you have entered us in the cc league but have our name as the uk elite golfers cc

it should be the uk golfers elite cc

thanks mike

• RockSteady
    498 Posts
    Thu, Sep 16 2010 5:26 PM

Rock n Roll Rasta CC would like to join.   

correct spelling.    ROCK AND ROLL RASTA

• mikem77
    1,218 Posts
    Thu, Sep 16 2010 5:54 PM

hi slor how many teams is a club allowd to enter i have many eager players

• thatcanadianguy
    557 Posts
    Sat, Sep 18 2010 1:25 AM

Canadian Masters must withdraw because of medical problems, Sorry

• Mike3226
    2,683 Posts
    Sat, Sep 18 2010 8:13 AM

mikem77:

"wrong club name" 

hi slor 

you have entered us in the cc league but have our name as the uk elite golfers cc

it should be the uk golfers elite cc

thanks mike

Reminds me of The Life of Brian

RSS