Forums

Help › Forums

Uneven Lies Ryder Cup is ON!

Fri, Feb 21 2014 9:44 AM (383 replies)
  • BONALYAU
    191 Posts
    Sun, Feb 9 2014 6:35 PM

Thanks Dave (Cygus3000), John (Moosetaya) and my dear part John (Oneeyedjohn) for this high level and enjoyable game...

My part was the big hero of this game, sinking all the putts he had to... Our opps tried to broke his mouse  (loool!) but it wasn't sufficient and he sinks the last 12ft putt to win the match...

As in the last past days, I didn't putt well (even sometimes awfully bad!!!lol) but I sink a 7 ft chip in the 15th hole who gives us the victory, finally...

Our opps were a bit unlucky, some of their putts falling down some inches short many times... But they are real gentlemen and great players, and we all sure enjoyed this game, very uncertain until quite the last putt...

Thanks again all for this very good game!

Come on ROW!

Friendly

Jean

• Cygnus3000
    569 Posts
    Sun, Feb 9 2014 6:55 PM

oneeyedjohn:

Very enjoyable and hard fought game.

BONALYAU:

Thanks Dave (Cygus3000), John (Moosetaya) and my dear part John (Oneeyedjohn) for this high level and enjoyable game.

It was an absolute pleasure and a well played round. With John's very timely putting prowess and Jean's spirit-breaking chip-in on #15, it was a well deserved win for ROW. Thank you for a very enjoyable game and thanks to Moose for stepping in to sub.

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Sun, Feb 9 2014 7:02 PM

What a great day of non-stop action!

It is such a treat to come back from a very full family day to see that all 3 remaining Best-Ball matches were played, and in such obvious good spirits by all.  And, clearly, some cracking golf was seen too.

Now that the wk 2 Best-Ball series is complete, I'll have the updated Overall Scores ready in a few minutes...

and here it is, ROW took the Best-Ball series by 4 to 2, to go into the singles with a 1 point lead:

Overall Series Score: Team ROW: 6.5  |  Team USA: 5.5

... and I believe that some keen folks are already getting their singles matches underway! Very exciting!!!

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Sun, Feb 9 2014 7:10 PM

ColumbusStorm:
     alcaucin is an ROW alternate and  is on but currently red.

Sorry, thought I could get an Alt in to warm up the putter.....but went to 5 ex holes

Wasn't a great game but if you start something then.........

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Sun, Feb 9 2014 7:14 PM

Thanks for letting us know what happened, Andy.

Probably worked out for the best anyway. The original team members showed up, and it would have been a pity to have any one player play twice in a particular series (something we've managed to avoid throughout so far).

Thanks for filling in for Wiger in the other match; sorry you encountered such a hot pairing. Tough duo to come up against, Russ and Ben (with Ben clearly in sizzling form too!).

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Sun, Feb 9 2014 7:20 PM

Corwyn:

Thanks for letting us know what happened, Andy.

Probably worked out for the best anyway.

Especially the way I was putting, got close but.....LOL

Great US pairing..really brought home how much more I need to learn,

Especially scrambling around the greens.

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Sun, Feb 9 2014 7:44 PM

Had a nice friendly singles with Dave. Neither of us set the course alight, but I eventually managed to creep over the line like an asthmatic tortoise.

The hole by hole scores were:

Fm  4 5 3 4 4 4 4 4 2 3 3 4 3 4 3     5 birds, 10 pars

Cyg 4 4 3 4 5 5 4 4 3 3 4 _ 2 4 4     4 birds,   8 pars, 2 bogeys, 1 blob 

I can't remember for Dave, but I chose to miss the 5th halfway up the green on the left fringe to leave a long straightish uphill putt (no other choice with a strong R2L wind, R2L lie, and R2L green slope), chose to miss the 11th fairway over the stream in the right rough for an easier shot to the pin, and hit all other fairways and greens.

ROW wins 4&3, and good luck to everyone else in their singles.

• ColumbusStorm
    3,417 Posts
    Sun, Feb 9 2014 8:26 PM

Round 3 - Singles Match Play

ColumbusStorm vs oneeyedjohn

CS  3 4 3 4 3 4 4 4 3 3 4 4 2      - 5 birds, 8 pars

1i    4 5 3 5 _ 5 4 4 3 3 3 _ 4      - 2 birds, 8 pars, 3 bogeys+

Just like my partner bhoese in my earlier match, I got a fast start winning 4 of 1st 5 holes with birds, including making a lucky 34ft bird putt on #5. John missed a couple makeable putts that would have kept him in the game. The match ended with John conceding my 8ft bird putt on #13.

USA wins 6&5, and good luck to everyone else in their singles.

Go USA....

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Sun, Feb 9 2014 8:49 PM

Overall Series Score: Team ROW: 7.5  |  Team USA: 6.5

Wonderful to see the Singles under way already, with very strong wins for each team.

As this competition reaches its exciting climax, please don't forget Priestess' offer to stream any of these singles matches.

For those who haven't seen how this works, what happens is that Priestess would join the match as a 3rd player (you'd have to set it up as Stroke instead of MP). She is the one who would record and stream the game, taking all the impact of that extra computer processing and bandwidth on her meter, leaving the key game participants with their normal (hopefully) smooth meters. You'd then just keep track of the MP score via the chat.

If that's something you'd be willing to have happen in your match, please check in with your opponent to see if it works for them too, and post in the thread to that effect, along with your scheduled time.

Looking at the Availability Chart, Tess has her own YES overlap at the right times for many of the matches:

ROW Team           vs          USA

B ::       Dazza501                              devonnnnn

D ::        LOLserver                            wesdogg75

E ::        FairwayRuepel68               KyRock75

F ::        stevereilly                              iconian

G ::        Corwyn                                 jimbech

H ::        WigerToods2010               deedles77

J ::         jsweetcr                               bhoese     [only if played next weekend]

K ::        johehejo                               woodoworkery

L ::        Daskino                                Dakotarov  [if played later in their overlapping time]

Thanks for considering! I know it would add to the pressure, but it would be quite a gift to the rest of the players, and to the community, to have some archived matches from this inaugural UEL Ryder Cup, both as an unevens learning tool, and to add to the excitement for those following the event.

• bhoese
    679 Posts
    Sun, Feb 9 2014 10:16 PM

jsweetcr:

ColumbusStorm:
    bhoese was hot on the 1st 5 holes
    \

Gr8 and who drew bhoese in singles

yep, that would be me. Looking forward to an amazing match though!!

Should be a good one...if you take our scores from the first two rounds at face value, you'd have won the match on the 18th!

RSS