Help › Forums

Happy Birthday

Wed, Jul 1 2020 4:32 AM (1,330 replies)
  • DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Tue, Aug 26 2014 8:58 AM

26 August,

Picks without flicks ...

Starting off ... Mother Teresa (1910 - 1997) was born on 26 August.

Super cutie and actress Keke Palmer is 26 today.  Home Alone and Home Alone 2 child actor Macaulay Calkin is 34.  Actress Melissa McCarthy (from the movie Bridesmaids) is 44 today.  

Radio host and comedian from the dark ages ... Phil Baker (1896 - 1963) was born on 26 August.

Actor Brett Cullen is 58 today.  Mixed martial artist and actor Oleg Taktarov is 47.  For those of you that saw the movie "The Green Mile", you may remember the prisoner with the pet mouse ... that was Michael Jeter (1952-2003).

Picks with Flicks ...

Okay Trekkie fans ... which Captain Kirk did you like best ... William Shatner or Chris Pine (who turns 34 today)?

Next up is the singer Brian Kelley who turns 29 today (not the guy from the University of Notre Dame) ... he's the shorter haired guy in this next vid ..

Scotlands own Shirley Manson is 48 today ... she's the lead singer of this clip ...

Motown songwriter Valerie Simpson is 68 today.  She co-wrote this next song ...

And Saxophonist Branford Marsalis is 54 today ...

Pleasant days all!

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Wed, Aug 27 2014 7:11 AM

DaddysKat:
    Okay Trekkie fans ... which Captain Kirk did you like best ... William Shatner or Chris Pine (who turns 34 today)?

As corny as he was - William Shatner for me. 

Should I rephrase the above?

:)

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Wed, Aug 27 2014 2:08 PM

I went out...just woke up...

August 27

1407 - Ashikaga Yoshikazu ~ Japanese Shogun

1471 - George the Bearded of Germany ~ Duke of Saxony

1487 - Anna of Brandenburg ~ Queen of Denmark

1637 - Charles Calvert ~ 3rd Baron Baltimore - Govenor of Maryland...a BIGGIE

1669 - Anne Marie of Orleans ~ Queen of Italy

1809 - Hannibal Hamlin ~ 15th Vice President

1865 - Charles Gates Dawes ~ 30th Vice President - Awarded the Nobel

1877 - Charles Stewart Rolls ~ British Automobile Manufacturer...and a fine one it is *

1906 - Ed Gein

1937 - Tommy Sands ~ Way good lookin' teen idol on his way to very big things, indeed ! Married Nancy Sinatra, Frank's little girl, but, Tommy, who had an ego larger than the Andromeda, well complimented with arrogance & cockiness, and a wayward eye...was not liked by Frank (never get on the "Blue Eyes" to do list)...so divorce time, and a telling "hit song" (?) by Nancy Sinatra to follow ~" Ye "These Boots are made for Walking"...."one of these days these Boots are gonna walk all over you" ...they did...thus endeth the book of Tommy Sands....Happy 77 Big T

~ By the Bye ~

1665 ~ "Ye Bare & Ye Cubb" is the 1st play performed in North America...Acomac, Virginia to be exact

1667 ~ Earliest recorded Hurricane in North America...Jamestown, Virginia to be exact

1776 ~ The British defeat the Americans in the Battle of Long Island...General George not happy.

1789 ~ The French National Assembly issues the "Declaration of Rights of Man & Citizen"

1859 ~ 1st successful Oil Well is drilled by Edwin Drake near Titusville, Penn

1881 ~ Another dang Hurricane hits Florida & Carolinas and takes out 700

1883 ~ kRaKaT0a!!! we are talkin" EXPLODES!! to the tune of 40,000 folk

~ BYE ~  

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Wed, Aug 27 2014 3:16 PM

WigerToods2010:

DaddysKat:

As corny as he was - William Shatner for me. 

Should I rephrase the above?

:)

While I do love the new Star Trek movies and think Chris Pine is doing a good job as Commander James Tiberius Kirk, I do enjoy the William Shatner Captain Kirk flicks.  My favorite to-date is Star Trek IV - The Voyage Home.

I'm hoping J. J. Abrams does something with that movie as well ... now that they don't have to "Search for Spock".  lol.

Okay ... 27 August,

Picks without flicks ...

Former US President, Lyndon B. Johnson (1908 - 1973) was born on 27 August.

WWE female wrestler Eve Torres is 30 today.  And "Breaking Bad's" Jesse ... Aaron Paul is 35.

Glee's Ryder Lynn ... Blake Jenner is 22.  One of my favorites ... Paul Reubens (better known as Pee-Wee Herman) is 62.  The lead guitarist for the rock band Rush, Alex Lifeson is 61.  Gospel artist of the decade, Yolanda Adams is 53 today.  The television show "Suits" on the USA network ... actor Patrick J. Adams, who plays the role of Mike Moss is 33 today. And Formula-One race car driver ... Australia's own Mark Webber is 38.

The TV Series "Scrubs" Dr. Elliot Reid ... Sarah Chalke is 38 today.  The Vampire Diaries, Vicki Donovan ... Kayla Ewell is 29.  The Dog Whisperer, Cesar Millan is 45.  And Grey's Anatomy Dr. Miranda Bailey ... Chandra Wilson is 45.

Curious about this one ... there probably isn't many that even know this Aussie  ... Donald Bradman (nicknamed "The Don") was born on the 27th back in 1908 ... but who even knows him or what he did?  

Now this one has me really confused ... back in 1947, August 27th was on a Friday ... so how did actress Tuesday Weld get the name Tuesday?  She's 71 today, BTW.  And another Bond Girl, Barbara Bach, who was in "The Spy Who Loved Me", is 67.

Solomon Eddie, from the movie Minority Report ... Swedish born actor Peter Stormare is 61.  And this actress entertained the troops with Bob Hope back in the day ... Martha Raye (1916 - 1994).  And this poet, Iceland's Sjon is 52.  England's own TV personality, who played the roll of Caroline Denby in House of Anubis ... Susy Kane is 36.  And if you ever watched Starz "Sparticus", you may know this guy ... Peter Mensah (55), who plays the character, Oenomaus.

Picks with Flicks ...

Country Rapper Colt Ford is 44 today ... 

Actress and singer Demetria Mckinney is 33 ...

and the captain, from the FOP group, Captain and Tennille ... Daryl Dragon is 72 ...

(kinda makes you wanna puke!)

Have a happy Hump day everyone!

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, Aug 28 2014 10:25 AM

DaddysKat:
    August 27th was on a Friday ... so how did actress Tuesday Weld get the name Tuesday?

Counting in reverse 9 months, lands on a Tuesday...when Mr. & Mrs. Weld spanked the monkey

...and so, we have spent 240 days, but have 125 days left to spend...

August 28

865 - Rhazes [Abu Bakr Mohammed ibn Zakarijja] ~ Persian Physician

1025 - Emperor Go-Reizai of Japan

1476 - Motonoboe ~ Japanese Painter {Kanu School}

1582 - Taichang ~ Emperor of the Ming Dynasty of China

1612 - Marcus Zuerius van Boxhorn ~ Dutch Scholar

1667 - Louise of Mecklenburg-Gustrow ~ Queen of Denmark

1691 - Elizabeth Chirstine of Brunswick-Wolfenbuttel

1700 - Carolmannus Pachschmidt ~ Composer

1713 - Louis AA Count d'Affy

HELP!!! now honestly, have you ever seen so many people you have never heard of ? It's un-real...it's like a "Who's Who" of the "Who Cares"...all born on the same day...

1899 - Charles Boyer ~ Actor

~ By the Bye ~

1565 ~ oldest city in the US, St Augustine, Florida is established

1655 ~ New Amsterdam & Peter Stuyvesant bar Jews from Military service

1789 ~ Sir William Herschel discovers Saturn's moon, Enceladus...a doozy

1830 ~ !st locomotive in US "Tom Thumb" rolls

1837 ~ Pharmacists John Lee & William Perrins manufacture Worcestershire Sauce...who could live without it ? or want to ?

1862 ~ My Fav ~ Belle Boyd is released from Old Capitol Prison in Washington DC ~ Belle is the Bomb !

1898 ~ Caled Bradham re-names his drink...Pepsi Cola

~ Peace ~

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Thu, Aug 28 2014 3:54 PM

28 August ...

Picks without flicks ...

Starting off ... Jack Black is 45 today.  He did a great job with the voice of "Kung Fu Panda" ... but I'm a bit confused as to the redundancy of "Master Shifu" ... unless master is so nice, ya gotta say it twice!

And someone really happy it's his birthday ... August Maturo is 7.  He's Auggie in Disney's Girl Meets World.  It's Pippin's birthday today as well!  Billy Boyd (who played Pippin in Lord of the Rings trilogy) is 46 today.

Oh gads ... an author I wish was never born (and those others forced to read "War and Peace") ... Leo Tolstoy (1828 - 1910) was born on 28 August.  I think about half-way through the novel I kept sayin' just STFU Leo!

Actress Amanda Tapping is 49.  She was in the TV Series Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis as Samantha Carter.  And Armie Hammer is 28.  He was "The Lone Ranger" in the new Disney movie that came out earlier this year.  Daniel Stern is 57 today.  He was one of the bad guys in "Home Alone".  Jennifer Coolidge is 53.  You may remember her from her role in "American Pie".

Lenny Kravitz's mom, Roxie Roker was born on the 28th (1929 - 1995).  She was in that FOP sitcom, "The Jeffersons".  Director David Fincher is 52.  Ever see "Girl with the Dragon Tatoo"? ... yeah, his work!

Cricket fans ... Lasith Malinga is 31 today.  So, why do they call it "bowling"?  I thought the were hitting bugs!  (you know, most American natives believe crickets to be sacred). Ben Gazzara (1930 - 2012) was born on the 28th as well ... he played the roll of Paul Bryan on that FOP drama, "Run For Your Life".  And Ken Jenkins celebrates his 74th today.  He played Dr. Kelso on the TV sitcom, Scrubs.

Eugene Byrd is 39 today.  He plays the role of Dr. Clark Edison in the TV drama, "Bones".  And Sonny Shoyer is 79.  He played  Deputy Sheriff Enos in the FOP sitcom "Dukes of Hazard" ... which reminds me ... I gotta pack my "Daisy Dukes" for a bit of line dancin' this weekend!

Picks with Flicks ...

Shania Twain is 49 today ... here's a great line-dance tune ...

And young Cassadee Pope is 25 today ...

Another young singer ... this one from England ... Florence Welch is 28 today ...

And LeAnn Rimes is 32 today ...

(who sang that song originally?  I remember a guy singer doin' this number).

A great Labor Day tune by Jake Owen (33) ...

Actor and one-hit-wonder David Soul is 71 today ... ya' shouldn't have quit your day job, David!

Jamaican born Beres Hammond is 59 ... enjoy some Reggae all ... 

Canadian born Kaya Jones is 30 today ...

Have a happy S.H.I.T. day all!  And for my fellow US citizens ... be safe this Labor Day weekend ... no drunk boating.  The skier you miss just might be me!

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Fri, Aug 29 2014 7:31 AM

August 29

1387 - Henry V ~ King of England

1632 - John Locke ~ Wrington, England ~ Philosopher...one of 3 minds that T Jefferson considered the best offered to man

1809 - Oliver Wendell Holmes ~ Physician-Author

~ By the Bye ~

1533 ~ Spanish Conquistador Francisco Pizarro orders the death of the last Incan King of Peru : Atahualpa

1640 ~ King Charles I signed a peace treaty with Scotland

1756 ~ England & France meet in War

1776 ~ Americans withdraw from Manhattan

1786 ~ Shay's Rebellion

1862 ~ 2nd Battle of Bull Run - Manassas

1885 ~ Gottlieb Daimler receives German patent for motocycle

1885 ~ 1st Heavyweight Fight - John L. Sullivan & Dominick McCaffrey

1896 ~ Chop Suey is invented in NYC

1898 ~ Goodyear Tire is founded

~ fair the well ~

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Mon, Sep 1 2014 11:12 AM

September !...amazing

1286 - Elisabeth Richeza ~ Oueen of Poland

1588 - Henry II ~ Prince of Conde

1795 - James Bennett ~ Scottish Publisher of the New York Herald

1866 - James "Gentleman Jim" Corbett ~ Boxer

1875 - Edgar Rice Burroughs ~ Author

1898 - Marilyn Miller ~ Actress

1920 - Richard Farnsworth ~ Great stunt man--better Actor

1923 - Rocky Marciano

~ time to goof-off ~

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Mon, Sep 1 2014 11:12 AM

September !...amazing

1286 - Elisabeth Richeza ~ Oueen of Poland

1588 - Henry II ~ Prince of Conde

1795 - James Bennett ~ Scottish Publisher of the New York Herald

1866 - James "Gentleman Jim" Corbett ~ Boxer

1875 - Edgar Rice Burroughs ~ Author

1898 - Marilyn Miller ~ Actress

1920 - Richard Farnsworth ~ Great stunt man--better Actor

1923 - Rocky Marciano

~ time to goof-off ~

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Tue, Sep 2 2014 10:31 AM

I'm going to do some catching up ... Labor Day weekend had me water skiing then keeping a close eye on my dogs.  I don't know if they were Chuckers or Quail, but my dogs sure wanted to take a big bite of at least one of them!

I hope everyone that celebrated Labor Day had a safe and happy holiday weekend!

Okay ... the days I missed ...

29 August ...

"Glee" fans know this young actress as Rachel Berry (any relation to Dave?).  Lea Michele is now 28.  Ingrid Bergman (1915) was born on the 29th.  So was Isabel Sanford (1917).  She played Louise Jefferson on the comedy series, "The Jeffersons".

Elliott Gould is now 76 and Rebecca Demornay is now 55. 

And while this singer thought "Boys to Men" was a delivery service and had an addiction for plastic surgery, Michael Jackson (1958) was on great singer and dancer.  Here's one of his #1 songs ...

Saxophonist Charlie Bird Parker (1920) was born on the 29th.  In my opinion, one of the greats ...

R&B and blues singer, Dinah Washington (1924) was also born on the 29th ... she won a grammy for this song ...

and can anyone name that announcer at the beginning of this video?  I heard he was a lefty and quite the popular actor in his day!

Another post for the 30th all ...  stay tuned!

RSS