Forums

Help › Forums

WGT,, You Have upset The masses

Tue, Sep 7 2010 3:12 PM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Sun, Sep 5 2010 6:37 PM

Wow .. watch out .. how you have Swaggy ... pissed off ... better change everything right away --- because a guy who's been playing for 2 weeks, with a 124 average and has played 3 ranked rounds knows everything about how the game should.

By the way Swaggy .. no disrespect intended but.. put in some time and learn ... it's not that hard and with the changes they have made .. it's a very good golf simulator.   

If you want a relaxing, low scoring game .. there are other sites that let you do that.   Here's one that was a hit a few months ago.

http://www.netgolfgames.com/golf_games/cat_bow_golf.html

• RUSTY40
    255 Posts
    Sun, Sep 5 2010 6:43 PM

What really confuses me about the recent changes is that if your are "lucky" enough

to be a "Legend" you get to play from the back tees. That is actually good, more of

a challenge. But when you want to play match play, if your opponent is not a "Legend"

then they get to play from the forward tees --and this is the important part---with

the same equipment.

I would also like to know why I was so honored to be classified a "Legend" when I

see that a lot of Master and Tour Masters have lower scoring averages. 

Bottom line-I am only going to play other "Legends". 

You should play from the same tees if you have had access to the same equipment.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Sun, Sep 5 2010 7:08 PM

lvietri:

Wow .. watch out .. how you have Swaggy ... pissed off ... better change everything right away --- because a guy who's been playing for 2 weeks, with a 124 average and has played 3 ranked rounds knows everything about how the game should.

By the way Swaggy .. no disrespect intended but.. put in some time and learn ... it's not that hard and with the changes they have made .. it's a very good golf simulator.   

If you want a relaxing, low scoring game .. there are other sites that let you do that. Here's one that was a hit a few months ago.

WGTadmin:

Hi guys, thank you for the thoughtful, heartfelt feedback on multiple aspects of the game of golf (virtual and otherwise).  I suspect you've seen this recent post, addressing some of the issues what you've brought up here...but if not, please take a look.   

Thanks!

There ya go. FTFY guys.  : )

• Partsman41953
    341 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 10:55 AM

Hello, 

I am not a Legend now and at this point after reading some of the posts for the Legend tier I hope that I will not get their. I have a lot of friends on here who I had fun playing this game with who are now Legends who will not play because the game is now too darn difficult for them. I read your post from above and it explained about new clubs and green speeds and all but if you were formally a Master and are now a Legend and have the best equipment you are not going to be able to enjoy the game having faster green speeds and longer holes to try to master. The players on here who shoot consistently in the low 60s or below should be considered a Legend but not the ones who have had a few good rounds and lowered their average to the mid 60s. 

Like I said, I had people that were Masters who are now Legends who will not play with anyone other than Legends now and that is not fair for either them or us. 

I feel you had a good thing going before and now have ruined it for a lot of us and I do not feel you will get the message until there is a mass exodus of people from your game. 

Before it is to late, take a look at the tiers again and rethink what you have done. 

As I have seen here before.... IF IT IS NOT BROKE, DO NOT FIX IT!!!

• ironking34
    749 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 12:36 PM

Where have you heard this before.  Hitting into a 30 MPH wind, from the championship tees, into tournament greens is not a challenge.  It's unfair to all so called "Legends".  Most of the ready go's are now being won by tour master not because they are better but because the game is unfair for legends.  Basically WGT just f#$@#d the most faithful players (the ones that played all the time) with no lubricants.

• MJS74
    341 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 1:44 PM

http://www.wgt.com/user/profile.aspx?UserID=1866431

level 41....Tour Master, go figure?

• ironking34
    749 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 1:54 PM

MJS74:

http://www.wgt.com/user/profile.aspx?UserID=1866431

level 41....Tour Master, go figure?

He basically didn't have enough rounds under his belt to quality for Legend.  All the guys that joined from may to august and made master are all tour master and most likely will dominate all the leaderboards because they have the biggest advantage.  It's time for a Legends driver........LEGENDS DRIVER NEEDED ASAP

• MJS74
    341 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 2:15 PM

He's at Level 41, meaning he must have played a tonne. 

• MJS74
    341 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 2:16 PM

Oh, BTW I joined in June 2010.  Legend status straight off

• ironking34
    749 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 3:12 PM

MJS74:

He's at Level 41, meaning he must have played a tonne. 

You got a point there, he could have played more since the upgrade.  I started at Legend level 30 I'm not at 43 so it's not impossible.  If only we knew what criteria WGT used to move people up to different tiers then we wouldn't be having this discussion.

• PAGES
RSS