• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Fri, Jan 10 2014 6:59 PM

RemBeau:

Excellent suggestion. 

One for France

One for Quebec 

One for Moroco also :)

Wo Wo Wo Remy  ,Quebec is not a country yet ,   but if i ever become a loterie big winner , i would  pay to get WGT to make me one with my Quebec Flag something like the one i have been playing with for  a long time(The bleue Europe one) ......LOllllllll.  Moroco    not enough Members to be good for WGT.....   France  should have one  i think :)

• fairground11
    1,211 Posts
    Sun, Jan 12 2014 4:32 AM

is it true that the french are thinking of changing their national flag

a white cross on a white background

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sun, Jan 12 2014 5:14 AM

fairground11:

mMerde blague.*

A tired old joke condemning a nation using a tired old stereotype. Which, like all stereotypes is based on half truths, ignorance and lies.

My town, Greenock in Scotland, was home port to the Free French Navy throughout WW2. The heroic exploits of French sailors are part of our local heritage.Try telling that joke in a Greenock pub, see how far you get...

* lower case m added, forum filter ;)

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sun, Jan 12 2014 5:25 AM

alberich35:

WGT team, 2014 is the year for celebrate the friendship of France and USA.

As i say in first post remember Lafaette, french hero of independance war, citizen of Virginia since 1784 (230 years anniversary) dead in 1834 (180 years anniversary) One of the seven Honorary citizen of USA.

And no French avatar on WGT, that's a shame.

No French Avatar? Now that is shameful...We Americans should should celebrate the friendship and give a nod to France everyday. If it wasn't for the vast sum of money and the military support provided to America by France in our Revolutionary war, there would be no United States of America...or the Statue of Liberty we received from France, (about 100 years later) as a gift and token of friendship. Not having a French Avatar, and I mean a truly grand one, is a disgrace.

• alberich35
    858 Posts
    Sun, Jan 12 2014 5:36 AM

PaulTon:

fairground11:

mMerde blague.*

A tired old joke condemning a nation using a tired old stereotype. Which, like all stereotypes is based on half truths, ignorance and lies.

My town, Greenock in Scotland, was home port to the Free French Navy throughout WW2. The heroic exploits of French sailors are part of our local heritage.Try telling that joke in a Greenock pub, see how far you get...

* lower case m added, forum filter ;)

More of that, France and Scottland are bound by the oldest alliance in the wold the "Auld alliance" Our war ships and soldiers fought englishmen for independance of Scottland.Our bloods mingled on battlefield.

In theory any french can ask a Scottish court the Scottish nationality owed ​​as of right for centuries.

Anyway our blood is mingled too with englismen on others battlefieds. My god tha life can be complicated. ^^

• alberich35
    858 Posts
    Sun, Jan 12 2014 5:47 AM

Merci.

Add that our armies never faced each other, than ever a french soldier has killed an American and vice versa.

Which is quite unique in the history between the countries of importance - France was important long time ago :))

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Sun, Jan 12 2014 6:03 AM

fairground11:

I realise that was probably said more in jest but just to set the record straight for the younger generation.

There's a reason the Battle of Verdun was called "The Mincer" . The French lost around 350,000 soldiers in that WW1 battle alone. 377,231 to be exact.

In WWII the Free French (including colonies)  weren't shy of a fight either if you know your history. Around 230,000 of their soldiers were killed in action.

Mostly, I  find such comments uncalled for and are a complete lack of respect for the ordinary men and women of the French Resistance, many of whom gave their lives fighting the 3rd Reich. Most were tortured before they were executed. They were a key component and highly regarded by the Allied powers for the invaluable information they were able to gather and pass on from the years between  Dunkirk to D-Day and I salute them.

Europe's a better place today and a lot can be attributed to their selfless actions.

The past is better left in the past. All countries have certain histories to feel ashamed of.....Great Britain included.

And before anyone thinks I'm anti German, forget it. I love Germany. It's a beautiful country full of fantastic people. I still have many friends in Germany from the years I lived there.

The French on WGT should have their own Av.....else they may go on strike :)

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Sun, Jan 12 2014 7:06 AM

Sweetiepie, PaulTon,thebigeasy ,  ty  for your comments ,,,,,   you have shown us again  what class members like you are showing .       For  the  Joke commentfrom Fairground11 ,well, the French will not comment  on stuff like that.          I am glad  you  (Many Countrys)  knows  what happened in WW1 and WW2 and before that in the old USA ,  and the frienship  Americans,Englishman,Frenchman and French Canadians  and English Canadians have is still strong today .    anti German  i am not also ,,,the past is the past,  we have( maybe) learned something there .    Frapp     Blessed be in Love and Peace .

• THEWIPERS
    96 Posts
    Sun, Jan 12 2014 7:22 AM

"Menage a trois" is French for "Dream on,Pal".

RSS