Forums

Help › Forums

A couple of observations....

rated by 0 users
Thu, May 28 2009 11:58 AM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
    1,644 Posts
    Tue, May 26 2009 7:12 AM

I've noticed two things that stand out after the update.

1.  The TaylorMade 60* wedge is rated at 60 yards.  Based on that I have been overshooting every shot (including uphill shots into the wind).  I think this club should probably be rated for 65*, probably following the same pattern as the 54* which is 85 yards.  What do you think?

2.  The putter is a little broken... only on the long putts though.  Several times already I've hit a perfect shot on a green with little break (#3) only to have the putt slide 5-8 feet offline right off the club.  This only happens on putts over 20 feet for so for me.  Almost seems if you start a putt on any kind of slope that slope is too accentuated in the first few inches of the shot making it veer off course too early.

That's it for now,

Lee

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Tue, May 26 2009 10:00 AM

thanks for the feedback , very helpful

• SnoopDarr
    3 Posts
    Tue, May 26 2009 10:36 AM

On your #2, I was on here to report the same thing.  Very strange, it's as if the ball gets shanked in the first few inches, then behaves itself the rest of the time.  Glad it's not just happening to me!

• iconian
    599 Posts
    Tue, May 26 2009 7:34 PM

it's definately 65, explains why I kept overhitting my punches!!!

please fix all distances relating to it

and check the 85 wedges, it could be 88:)

• BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Tue, May 26 2009 9:55 PM

One thing that's been steaming me about bethpage is when you have a ball rolling down the edge of a fairway.  The moment it touches the rough it just sticks in it.  In real life if a ball is rolling down a fast fairway, it will bouce off the rough more often than not, assuming it's rolling basically parallel to the rough. 

On a related note, why is the first cut of rough so penal.  You state you are trying to emulate how a average player plays.  Golfers in real life do not struggle that much, if any from the first cut of rough.

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Wed, May 27 2009 10:29 AM

The rough conditions simulate the US Open conditions.  We have hit the ball into the rough there in real life and when it is set up for the US Open it stops very abruptly.

• Kaslo
    428 Posts
    Wed, May 27 2009 10:41 AM

I too bought the Z Satin wegdes and have tried them on both courses. I am not seeing any added backspin or tops spin on the ball.

• BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Thu, May 28 2009 1:03 AM

re wgtadmin:  I understand a ball landing in the rough,or rolling into the rough, is going to stop very fast in the rough at bethpage. But a ball merely trickling down a fairway will never ever jump up onto the rough, doing so would defy gravity.  Here however if it is rolling at a snails pace, PARALLEL to the rough, it somehow jumps up 1 or 1.5" whatever the first cut height is.

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Thu, May 28 2009 5:40 AM

BolloxinBruges - we will looking into the "jumping"  

thanks

• nickuk
    967 Posts
    Thu, May 28 2009 5:53 AM

any chance of cutting them grass pathways a little shorter...lol.. i can hit them...maybe fairway cut!

• PAGES
RSS