Forums

Help › Forums

WELL NOW IM TEED OFF

rated by 0 users
Thu, Sep 2 2010 8:35 PM (58 replies)
  • bryan24
    68 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 9:29 AM

short comment from this Legend =) .... There are too many Legends..........

• WYLBILL81
    69 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 9:36 AM

THIS IS GARBAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if wgt is going to update then they should be dam sure it's going to work right, more than unfair to subject us to these conditions. either fix these glitches today or go back to the old status. take the site down today for an hour or two and fix this MESS

• jimbean346
    3,006 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 9:37 AM

My personal feeling is that WGT feel uncomfortable having so many players with averages around 60 or below. Being associated with these major tours and associations they want to make the game as realistic as possible by bringing the averages up.

I've played four RG's so far and three have had tournament greens (with two having heavy winds). I know I can personally manage a score in the mid-to-low 60's with these conditions but only the best of the best will be regularly breaking the 60 barrier.

I suppose we'll just have to see how it plays out over the course of the next few weeks. I fear that a number of players like the original poster could lose significant interest and these are probably the core who are regularly playing at present.

• Errant
    72 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 10:16 AM

Something doesn't make sense??? My avg is a little over 67 and I'm a master. Someone in my CC has an avg of a little over 66 and he's a tour master. I saw someone on the forum with a 65 avg and he's a legend. 67 master, 66 tour master 65 legend???? Why would you make the tiers so close to each other? Why bother adding new tiers at all? It seems to me they should have just left things the way they were.

I just read my post and something popped into my head that I've never thought before. SANDBAG. It seems to me that if you wanted to do everything you could to encourage sandbagging that this would be it.

Wow! The more I think about this the worse it gets.

So I'm supposed to play well so I can become a tour master and play on even faster greens. Then, I'm supposed to pay WGT for clubs that have an even faster swing meter?

I don't know who came up with this model but you need to take them out back and shoot them.

• MByrd
    9 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 10:20 AM

Well, I am only one month old in this game and I have to say that I am in no way a Master, yet that is the tier that I got thrown into.  Like others, I am not able to purchase the driver that I currently have in my bag. Heck, the only reason that I was a pro before was because I had mastered the front nine of St. Andrews (my "home" course). 

The fear for me and new guys coming in is that we won't have the opportunity to improve, if we can't improve our equipment.  If I can't hit a 514 yard Par 5 in 2, with a flush Driver and 3 Wood, then the game will become frustrating and folks won't want to play. 

Just trying to give you guys the perspective of a Noob.

Peace

MB

• Deccy180
    233 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 10:20 AM

i really enjoy this game but no longer pay to enter any of the competitions on WGT as the tier/handicap personally i think the whole tier system is sh*t, how you can become a "tour master" in only a couple of weeks is cr*p you should have to work hard to progess throught the tiers, is also believe that you should have a shot average on every course because st andrew is probaly around 8-10 shots easier than beth page to most people

• birdwell
    561 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 10:30 AM

Errant:

Something doesn't make sense??? My avg is a little over 67 and I'm a master. Someone in my CC has an avg of a little over 66 and he's a tour master. I saw someone on the forum with a 65 avg and he's a legend. 67 master, 66 tour master 65 legend???? Why would you make the tiers so close to each other? Why bother adding new tiers at all? It seems to me they should have just left things the way they were.

I just read my post and something popped into my head that I've never thought before. SANDBAG. It seems to me that if you wanted to do everything you could to encourage sandbagging that this would be it.

Your interpretation isn't correct. Your status was changed based on your entire score history. I am a Legend with a 65 average, I have seen a Tour Master with lower average than mine... seems su***ious right? Well no, I have over 1000 ranked rounds, been here over a year,  have shot  in the 20's dozens of times, and 59 a handful of times. My average was briefly below 60. Since you cannot revet tiers in this game, It makes sense that they did this this way.

Would you really have wanted me in the MASTER tier? No, that would not have been fair at all. I beat up the smaller kids on the playground enough in Match Play Challenges! You don't want me running amok in your tourney's as well.

• MByrd
    9 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 10:33 AM

Oh, I forgot to add the worst thing about this new change.  The "very fast" greens.  This is stupid.  I just 5 putted on a green.  Yes, 5 putted.  The first putt was from 44 feet and it went about six feet past the hole, so I four putted from six feet.  I usually play this game in between appointments or on some down time, but this change is a sure way to get me to do something else during down time.

• ncviz
    527 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 10:37 AM

birdwell:

[Bolly, A LEE, Jakes, iconian and pricehs..

Jake and Icon in that last, blah, beat those boys with one hand tied behind my back ;)...

ugh, well Jake did win last time out, humm...

• Errant
    72 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 10:47 AM

Haha they're using entire score history to prevent sandbagging right?

That's fine but the rest of my post still holds true.

RSS