112 Posts
    Mon, Aug 30 2010 9:14 PM

How do you go about getting inactive players out of your country club

gene1022

• yokosaki
    310 Posts
    Tue, Aug 31 2010 1:48 AM

Gene,

If you have inactive members that you wish to remove from your country club, you simply click on the X located next to their screen name in your clubs members list located on your country clubs homepage.  If you have not done so, I would send them a notification of removal for non-participation pending results of activity over a 1 week period.  If they do not respond, or participate in club activities, then I would remove that particular member. 

Any other questions, feel free to message me or post on my wall.

Yokosaki

MGA President

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Tue, Aug 31 2010 4:19 AM

Hey Yoko,

yokosaki:
    I would send them a notification of removal for non-participation pending results of activity over a 1 week period.

You have to be kidding me - right? 

I think thats totally the wrong approach to take - sorry. Joining a C.C does not mean you have to participate in every single club event  "over a 1week period" ?????

I would firstly try and contact that player and try to involve him in activities, even ask him maybe why he hasnt been involved as much as you'd like. But to remove a player through lack of activity, and over a 1 week period !! No way.

There is life outside of WGT you know. 

Cheers

Doug

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Tue, Aug 31 2010 5:30 AM

dorkfeatures:

Hey Yoko,

yokosaki:
    I would send them a notification of removal for non-participation pending results of activity over a 1 week period.

You have to be kidding me - right? 

I think thats totally the wrong approach to take - sorry. Joining a C.C does not mean you have to participate in every single club event  "over a 1week period" ?????

I would firstly try and contact that player and try to involve him in activities, even ask him maybe why he hasnt been involved as much as you'd like. But to remove a player through lack of activity, and over a 1 week period !! No way.

There is life outside of WGT you know. 

Cheers

Doug

Have to agree with you Doug. Sometimes the cc tourneys just come at the wrong time. I do try to play most of our club tourneys but some just don't coincide with my schedule.

• ALByrd60
    224 Posts
    Tue, Aug 31 2010 6:36 AM

I DON'T THINK THAT THEY MEAN A MEMBER HAS BEEN INACTIVE FOR A WEEK. WHAT THEY ARE SAYING IS THAT THEY HAVE A MEMBER THAT MAY NOT HAVE HAD ANY ACTIVITY FOR QUITE SOME TIME AND THE ADVISE WAS TO CONTACT THE PLAYER AND NOTIFY HIM/HER THAT THEY HAVE NO BEEN ACTIVE FOR A LONG PERIOD OF TIME AND THEY ARE GOING TO CONTACT THEM AND GIVE THAT INDIVIDUAL A WEEK TO RESPOND OR AT LEAST PLAY A ROUND TO SHOW THEY AREN'T JUST DEAD WEIGHT.

IF I HAVE A MEMBER THAT HAS BEEN INACTIVE FOR TWO MONTHS AND HAVEN'T CONTACTED ME OR PLAYED ANY GAMES OR RESPONDED TO ANY MESSAGE, I WOULD BOOT THEM TO MAKE ROOM FOR A NEW MEMBER THAT IS GOING TO BE AN ACTIVE PLAYER.

• AwsomeAl
    237 Posts
    Tue, Aug 31 2010 7:21 AM

ALByrd60:
    I DON'T THINK THAT THEY MEAN A MEMBER HAS BEEN INACTIVE FOR A WEEK. WHAT THEY ARE SAYING IS THAT THEY HAVE A MEMBER THAT MAY NOT HAVE HAD ANY ACTIVITY FOR QUITE SOME TIME AND THE ADVISE WAS TO CONTACT THE PLAYER AND NOTIFY HIM/HER THAT THEY HAVE NO BEEN ACTIVE FOR A LONG PERIOD OF TIME AND THEY ARE GOING TO CONTACT THEM AND GIVE THAT INDIVIDUAL A WEEK TO RESPOND OR AT LEAST PLAY A ROUND TO SHOW THEY AREN'T JUST DEAD WEIGHT.

Bang on Al, had to read it twice myself. Good man yourself

• eivets
    433 Posts
    Tue, Aug 31 2010 7:21 AM

What do you do when the owner of your CC has abandoned WGT & has'nt posted a round of any kind since the Virtual US Open?

• EllisSpice
    871 Posts
    Tue, Aug 31 2010 7:22 AM

Either leave that CC, or, if it's a big CC, have one of your members e-mail WGT (members@WGT.com) and ask if they can take over the CC?

• jasondement
    322 Posts
    Tue, Aug 31 2010 7:30 AM

eivets:

What do you do when the owner of your CC has abandoned WGT & has'nt posted a round of any kind since the Virtual US Open?

You can set up tournaments yourself, any member can. Thats the way our CC does it. If someones feeling froggy and wants to create a tournament with any conditions or any entry fee any member of the club can do so. My country club doesnt even send out notices of a tournament ,other than the automated email, and we have nearly complete participation by all members in most tournaments. I am the club owner and it is ran by everyone involved. It seems to take care of itself this way and everyone kinda gets what they want out of it. Or you can leave the CC and start your own taking the members of the abandoned club with you.

• yokosaki
    310 Posts
    Tue, Aug 31 2010 12:48 PM

dorkfeatures:

Wrong approach in the thought process.

Response time of one week to show activity in or on WGT is what is to be taken from this comment.  I will not remove a player unless they have negated or neglected to respond to my messages, had non-participation in club activities, or violated WGT or country club regulations. 

Yokosaki

RSS